REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall, New guy here new to the business and new to this forum, I am a painter/drywall guy by trade and have a growing turnkey service for apartments in my area. I decided to take on some PP work to fill the lull during the winter. So far the relationship with the company I'm working for seems to be going well. I did my first few "initial photo's" and they started sending me work orders pretty quick (demo an outbuilding, install water heaters,put up fence,painting! <--I can do a GOOD job quick at that so its always profitable, hang gutters, Install carpet) Anyone have any experience with SLS I think they're based out of LA. Anyway I think my main problem is organization it seems like I spend alot of my day driving instead of working. I had some working capital and a "real job" that was paying the bill's along with an existing GL policy, the apartments pay on 30-90 day cycles so I'm used to that and I figured " hey a little extra income never hurt anybody". I do however feel a little overwhelmed at the time frames for completing this stuff 24-48hrs seems a little ridiculous. I guess because like I said earlier I have another company which operates according to a schedule set weeks sometimes in advance so being at the beck and call of these guys may or may not work out. But...For now... It seems like a solid addition to my streams of revenue. I would definitely consider and appreciate any advice (and look forward to browsing all of it), that may help me avoid any mistakes, from those who have gone before me . I'm really excited I found you guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Memphis TN area. And Murf what do you mean keep accurate records ? Of what? what is the best way to do that you have found.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Keep/generate your own invoices, specific files for all of your photos. It is a different industry; you better keep your clients on a leash and don't believe anything that isn't in writing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.