REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning and Hello!!! I have been a visitor to this site for some time now, I finally decided to become a member after some life changing events. Quick background info I was involved in the preservation industry for about 6 years until 06" when I became a local sheriff. Now due to being injured in the line of duty while protecting a nursing staff member and subsequent surgeries, I have an IME pushing my disability retirement cause he feels I no longer can perform my job duties. Going to be a long drawn out battle and I bet people on here understand fighting municipalities or govt agency is losing battle. Sorry, just venting I understand everyone on here has had something to overcome in their lifetime!!
I guess I am looking for info about returning to the industry. Everything I read is that the industry has gotten even worse from when I last canged a lock. Any info would be helpful and also please I understand some might not want any further competetion but I am not looking to take your lunch just a guy who is trying to make some life changes.

Thank you for your time and feel free to ask any questions I dont mind sharing any advice I may still possess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was the owner of Pinnacle Enterprises. If you dont mind me asking who you were affiliated with? Do we meet during the years. I have read many of your posts and have to say I agree with your take on many of the contractors in the area but my opinion is from many years ago and its just that my opinion.

·
Registered
232 Posts
We met at a property on Lasalle ave in Buffalo quite a few years ago. I was new and had left my camera at the property. When I returned in a panic to get it you and your helper were there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember that we met you out front and talked for a bit. Good to hear your still keeping the fight. I have heard many things have changed and the hacks are getting worse. Anyone with working for anymore out there? I understand if you dont want to share info, but i hope you remember from that meeting I ran a honest business I guess thats why I'm so skeptical now

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, I am down in Chautauqua County area and too am a past Law Enforcement Officer. I own my own landscape company down here and do preservation on the side...I get alot of orders to go up your way but refuse them...Are you working for any nationals....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Safeguard has much of the work around here these days. You can read all about them right here. Things have changed alot since you left and you better go into this as if you have never done it before. Most of what you did back then will not cut it today. Good Luck, hope it works out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi, I am down in Chautauqua County area and too am a past Law Enforcement Officer. I own my own landscape company down here and do preservation on the side...I get alot of orders to go up your way but refuse them...Are you working for any nationals....
Been working for Nationals for 7 years. Cover Northern Erie, Niagara, some Orleans and Genesee Counties. Love Chautauqua area, Ride the sleds down there every weekend I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RichR, Thank you for the advice I have still followed over the years and see how everything has unfolded. Also still have many friends in the industry so that is the reason for my reluctance. SG contacted me in Oct. out of the blue looking for coverage, they said it was inregards to my application. Havent had any contact with them since Jan 06" so something did not seem right. I politely declined at the time but thanked them for consideration. Still have no idea how my name came up.
I look forward to chatting with you in this forum and hope if I do have any questions I could seek your opinion. Thanks again for the well wishes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adorler,

I've been down your way a few times for IM transfer, your lockup is much nicer than ours. HA!!!

At this time I am not working for anyone, national or otherwise. If I decide to return to the industry was hoping for more local broker or maybe regional work but from what I hear harder and harder by the day. I'm not a fan of nationals and there might be a few comments in regards to that but dealt with them for a long time. Like I said I was full time in the industry for 6 years but part time for the 5 previous to that; going as far back as First Preston in the Buffalo area. I've dealt with being treated like a rented mule and don't know if I have that in me again. Please feel free to conatct me via this board or email me and we can talk.

Also to everyone else I mean no disrespect to anyone who works with nationals so please don't take offense!! Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts