REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New and just received my first work order for initial grass cut and I'm overwelmed.:cry:But happy to get some work!:thumbup: Oh I forgot my name is Sebrena.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
New and just received my first work order for initial grass cut and I'm overwelmed.:cry:But happy to get some work!:thumbup: Oh I forgot my name is Sebrena.
Where you located? Grass season ended around here already........

I agree with Thanohano, tell us a little more about yourself.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have four girls and a husband. Wanted to have my own business and love real estate.
Welcome aboard. This is a tough business, remember to diversify. Both in terms of the number of clients and types of work. Look for work with direct brokers, investors, private clients, etc. and use P&P to supplement that......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where you located? Grass season ended around here already........

I agree with Thanohano, tell us a little more about yourself.:thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing after I agreed to do it. It's with Five Brothers. Looks like a 5 acre lot out in the boonies. And I have been reading the threads on the Five and wondering what I got myself into.:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I was thinking the same thing after I agreed to do it. It's with Five Brothers. Looks like a 5 acre lot out in the boonies. And I have been reading the threads on the Five and wondering what I got myself into.:cry:
Be very careful if you are in an area that is out of the grass season. I'd hate for you to start out with a 5 acre cut and end up with a no pay....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be very careful if you are in an area that is out of the grass season. I'd hate for you to start out with a 5 acre cut and end up with a no pay....
The initial work order was never completed by another contractor-due 10/28/12. Should I call my regional to be safe?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Just realized that you said hello from VA. Make sure that you will get paid for that grass cut. HUD grass season ended 10/31. It better be for a violation or and REO property where the client does an initial or bid approval out of grass season.....

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The initial work order was never completed by another contractor-due 10/28/12. Should I call my regional to be safe?
Maybe someone else can jump in and help out but here is where I'm at. I have one client who will pay for an initial cut out of season (to bag leaves, etc). Everyone else was done by 10/31, date stamped pics submitted and invoiced by 11/1. I don't work for the siblings so I can't speak for them or the regional you're working through.

What I would suggest is do NOT call. That will mean nothing unless you get a POC to back it up. Get it in writing. It smells fishy that the "other contractor" didn't complete it and now its given to the "Newbie"......tread carefully is my advise.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
This might be a test. You're in your probationary period with them. Double check with your state rep. Are you a five brothers vendor or are you a sub of their sub?

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
I'm a vendor. I am going to check with my state rep. Thanks.
And like has been said, get it in writing. Without a POC email, out of season grass cuts don't typically get paid. Even with the POC, be prepared to :boxing: on payday. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity, how much are they offering to pay you for this 5 acre initial cut?

·
Contractor
486 Posts
If you haven' t already...please read the 5 Bros threads... get a head's up in dealing with what will become an experience... if nothing else, your typing skills will improve with'em.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And like has been said, get it in writing. Without a POC email, out of season grass cuts don't typically get paid. Even with the POC, be prepared to :boxing: on payday. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity, how much are they offering to pay you for this 5 acre initial cut?
I had to bid on the initial cut. The grass was 17 in high with 3 foot brush! There was no price for a 5 acre lot. It wasn't worth my time. Another vendor had it before me and they had no response from them. I wonder why?!:whistling2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts