REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the nationals or the banks they work for take a break during the holidays? (do you see it slow down across the board)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I ask is that a broker who has dealt with alot of foreclosures told me that they slow down the rate of activity during the holidays. I have seen a drop in work orders over the last week, just wondering if this is nationwide or just my little piece of the world.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Usually it slows down some but not that much. I'm up about 25 percent from last year and we are super busy and looking into adding another crew

2 Posts
It definately slows down in December. The banks don't want to kick anyone out when it is Christmas time. Bad publicity. The banks are only closed on the federal holidays but you still have to get your work in on time.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Fannie, Freddie & HUD have a moratorium on foreclosures till after the holidays. Happens every year. Enjoy the break.......

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Dec 18th all evictions and properties to be sold at Sheriff Sales STOP on all Government backed loans (fannie, hud, freddie etc). They will resume the 3rd week of Jan.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
in the past I had 24 hour rush work orders issued on Christmas Eve due Christmas Day. Got chargebacks for not doing them.

Had a townhouse complex unit flood from a prior homeowner cutting out a shower stall to remove. We got the call at 6pm Christmas Eve from a very UPSET emergency call center employee to get there NOW. We went there (1st time at property) to find 4 neighboring units flooded and water running out the front door. The shutoff at the unit was not operational and the City would not shutoff at curb since it would shutoff all the units water supply TILL a licensed plumber AND the fire dept was on site (fire sprinkler would be off till repairs completed). When I called back the emergency call center I got SCREAMED at for disturbing his freakin Christmas... When lets say I ripped him a new butt and told him tough "crap" & get me a written permissiin to pay emergency call fees to plumber and fire dept. He said he would have to get back to me....After an hour we left 4 families out in the cold MN night with floided unusable homes AND the water was still running. Finally 2 days later we were told to BID the cost...laughed and said reassign. Fast forward 16 months--- Service Company got sued for over $400,000 for repairs to the structures AND lost....YES they TRIED to claim on our Ins. policy but we got it blocked AND we bacame a subpeoned witness against the Service Company.

The punitive damage lawsuits still have not been settled for the pain/suffering.

·
Registered
681 Posts
in the past I had 24 hour rush work orders issued on Christmas Eve due Christmas Day. Got chargebacks for not doing them.

Had a townhouse complex unit flood from a prior homeowner cutting out a shower stall to remove. We got the call at 6pm Christmas Eve from a very UPSET emergency call center employee to get there NOW. We went there (1st time at property) to find 4 neighboring units flooded and water running out the front door. The shutoff at the unit was not operational and the City would not shutoff at curb since it would shutoff all the units water supply TILL a licensed plumber AND the fire dept was on site (fire sprinkler would be off till repairs completed). When I called back the emergency call center I got SCREAMED at for disturbing his freakin Christmas... When lets say I ripped him a new butt and told him tough "crap" & get me a written permissiin to pay emergency call fees to plumber and fire dept. He said he would have to get back to me....After an hour we left 4 families out in the cold MN night with floided unusable homes AND the water was still running. Finally 2 days later we were told to BID the cost...laughed and said reassign. Fast forward 16 months--- Service Company got sued for over $400,000 for repairs to the structures AND lost....YES they TRIED to claim on our Ins. policy but we got it blocked AND we bacame a subpeoned witness against the Service Company.

The punitive damage lawsuits still have not been settled for the pain/suffering.

wow what a story! This one reason I do not jump thruoght hops for any of these companies. I mean, they should have double your your normal pay for going out on a hoilday,but you probably didn`t get paid anything.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

That's what they get for hiring idiots who can't think on the fly or understand emergency.

Great story, greater outcome.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Starbaby you are 100% correct! $24.00 trip charge was all that was paid. This property is still not fixed. Any MN guys work in Eagan this is at Timberline Properties so you have a "headsup". The Service Company brought in a 3rd Party restoration companu called Lewellen Restoration (sp?) who did $1000's of work and not paid a cent and they were sueing everyone for payment. Another cluster****.

After that there was NEVER an emergency in my book!

Anyway be ready to work Holidays.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Starbaby you are 100% correct! $24.00 trip charge was all that was paid. This property is still not fixed. Any MN guys work in Eagan this is at Timberline Properties so you have a "headsup". The Service Company brought in a 3rd Party restoration companu called Lewellen Restoration (sp?) who did $1000's of work and not paid a cent and they were sueing everyone for payment. Another cluster****.

After that there was NEVER an emergency in my book!

Anyway be ready to work Holidays.
How long ago did this happen?

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
Do the nationals or the banks they work for take a break during the holidays? (do you see it slow down across the board)
Everyone gets breaks except the boots on the ground folks...
You didn't know we're all 24/7/365 drop of the hat run and deal with your emergency...type of people???

Reactions: 68W30

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's a carzy story. That's one thing I like about safeguard they have a high risk department that handle all this weird and crazy one off stuff. They fly somebody that day to the property and they come with a open credit card and let the money fly.

Had one about 2 or 3 years ago and somebody put a shotgun in his mouth and that high risk guy was on the property in like 3 hrs.

Scary safeguard has a department for dealing with dead people inside vacant houses.

had a similar situation like you had and sg told me to do whatever it takes 50k later all done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts