REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
At $8-10/gallon, you could take the rest of the month off after one. :thumbup: Of course it would take the rest of the month to fill all that with oil dry or kitty litter.

I hate the places tires. I don't know why, but tires are the biggest downer for me.......

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At $8-10/gallon, you could take the rest of the month off after one. :thumbup: Of course it would take the rest of the month to fill all that with oil dry or kitty litter.

I hate the places tires. I don't know why, but tires are the biggest downer for me.......

Helping a buddy out with a Screwguard W/O. Those SOB's quit paying for paint. Gotta do it by the Cu. Yd.!! Tires are ok. I get rid of them for $2 each......

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know a few landlords that do that to properties that have been condemned that they own. It becomes a drop site for all the paint, oil, tires, couches, etc. Then eventually they give it back to the bank. I can think of at least 2 properties that have literally been converted to landfills becauae one guy refuses to pay landfill fees. When we do trash outs he simply has us dump there. I'll wager one house has over 200 cubic yards in it...

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
One day a year in May the city takes tires for free.
I've already hauled around 80 at a time in there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A few gallons of gas and 3 matches ought to do the job. Since when did SG stop paying for paint?

Last 2 years or so........count as cubic yard, yike!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Helping a buddy out with a Screwguard W/O. Those SOB's quit paying for paint. Gotta do it by the Cu. Yd.!! Tires are ok. I get rid of them for $2 each......
I don't have any "buddies" around here that I would help out by doing that by the CYD. Tires are ~ $7 to get rid of, but you can get a bulk rate for larger quantities with the rims removed. As far as paint, no such luck. Everything has to be filled with an absorbent like oil dry or kitty litter before I can dispose of it. I'll do a couple old gallons in a CYD price but something like that is $8 per gallon no discount and $10 per gallon before discount. Otherwise, find some other sucker to deal with it. I won't go broke dealing with paint........:no:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an off the cuff but where looking at 1,500 to 2,000 gallons of paint and 100+ tires, 2 single wids hooked together full of chit and falling apart and numerous other debris. The main house surprisingly is decent with maybe 20 yards in it.......

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have any "buddies" around here that I would help out by doing that by the CYD. Tires are ~ $7 to get rid of, but you can get a bulk rate for larger quantities with the rims removed. As far as paint, no such luck. Everything has to be filled with an absorbent like oil dry or kitty litter before I can dispose of it. I'll do a couple old gallons in a CYD price but something like that is $8 per gallon no discount and $10 per gallon before discount. Otherwise, find some other sucker to deal with it. I won't go broke dealing with paint........:no:

It's a 2nd bid. Mine is gonna be HIIIIIGH!!!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Just an off the cuff but where looking at 1,500 to 2,000 gallons of paint and 100+ tires, 2 single wids hooked together full of chit and falling apart and numerous other debris. The main house surprisingly is decent with maybe 20 yards in it.......
Out here you cant get rid of a tire for less than $18 each. Paint if its in a used or open can needs to be tested and cannot be removed by the CYD.

All unmarked drums need to be tested to determine the disposal process. Not cheap. The reason is that these items are shipped away from here for proper disposal or some third world country buys it.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Helping a buddy out with a Screwguard W/O. Those SOB's quit paying for paint. Gotta do it by the Cu. Yd.!!

How does your State handle latex paint? Here in CT it's regulated to the extent that it must be handled and "processed" like BradC indicated, dumped out an dried up.
Had over a 1000/gal (numerous containers of varying sizes) in a property...quite a hefty bid to deal with issue.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
As long as latex is dry it can go in the dump along with every thing else.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Profitability is gone with FAS They want to pay in the hood of 5 to 5.01 for tires NOt happening here!! I put in a BID and they can pay for it. semi tires are 7 per tire or so they say. I say NO dump charges 1$ for a 13" plus weight and they have to be seperated !! All labor intensive and time consuming but what the heck we are all dead beats and have nothing better to do RIGHT ??

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Profitability is gone with FAS They want to pay in the hood of 5 to 5.01 for tires NOt happening here!! I put in a BID and they can pay for it. semi tires are 7 per tire or so they say. I say NO dump charges 1$ for a 13" plus weight and they have to be seperated !! All labor intensive and time consuming but what the heck we are all dead beats and have nothing better to do RIGHT ??
They're all brain dead... do their stuff from 8-5, don't answer their phones, and gotta put you on hold to find their cue cards when you stump'em with a question...

·
Registered
681 Posts

one of the reason I stopped working for them, just wasn`t worth the hassle!

·
Contractor
486 Posts
one of the reason I stopped working for them, just wasn`t worth the hassle!
The turn-over seems to be on-going... I work with them for a month or so, then it dries up...then a month or so goes by with no work from'em, and I get a call asking for help...an it's a new person I've never heard of before...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts