REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only worked with one company and am now working with Safeguard but have had billing issues. What is the step by step process of your guy's billing? I worked with a company before for grass cuts and they had set prices for each property so all I really had to do was upload pics. I want to expand the amount of companies I work for and want to know how others may do it.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Invoice for all your services... It doesn't matter if they do not reguire one. You need to be able to research what you did 30+ days down the road. When you get short changed, you need a record of if there's a dispute.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I think Safeguard and billing issues are the same word spelled backwords. You need to get up to speed on Quickbooks right now. If you start doing any volume at all, your going to get 1099d at the end of the year and unless you want to help Obama and the guv out some more, you'll need a way to itemize your expenses and write offs.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I signed up with Safeguard and they said my area was saturated. But you aren't the first posting I've seen about them being hard to deal with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
-Each work order has an invoice with an invoice number, which is sent to the client.
-Each invoice number is entered into a database.
-When a check comes with itemized invoices on it, we remove each invoice number from the database.
-Save all checks and stubs with paid invoices listed.

In this way, we can tell when invoices start getting old. In addition, we can compare what we invoiced with what they paid, and dispute any discrepancies. And there will be plenty.
Also, pick your battles. We have a particular client that we invoice 100k+ a month with. We expect to lose a portion of that to beurocracy. It's not worth throwing away a relationship with this client over a few thousand in ridiculous chargebacks each month. (Though we do keep a record, just in case things go sour.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts