REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4599 Posts
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to someone picking up the fight [this morning!] that was over in the last thread, the mods closed it permanently.

Here we have a chance to start fresh so, hopefully, we can all leave our differences of opinions regarding race, religion, and politics out of it and continue with discussions regarding property preservation.

So, with that said............ Good morning, everyone!:clap:

Linda
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a1propertyclean said:
Thanks to someone picking up the fight [this morning!] that was over in the last thread, the mods closed it permanently.

Here we have a chance to start fresh so, hopefully, we can all leave our differences of opinions regarding race, religion, and politics out of it and continue with discussions regarding property preservation.

So, with that said............ Good morning, everyone!:clap:

Linda
Oops...that was me. Sorry. :whistling I couldn't resist pointing out the hypocrisy.

Anyway, slow times.....idle minds and devil's workshop. :laughing:
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
Thanks for owing up to it.:thumbsup:

I never would have said who it was. I asked the mods to remove the post, not close the thread.

We've just got to be careful. We all come from different walks of life and have different sets of values, moral and otherwise, so we need to be sensitive to that and move past others' personal beliefs and on to the more important topics.

I, personally, am sad that the old thread was closed. There's valuable info in there that people are able to quote and respond to. We can still quote from the old thread but won't be as easy as it was.:sad:

Linda
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Like home owners so much better

I really like dealing with home owners more (don't get me wrong, the work from nationals is good) but it is just so much easier dealing with home owners.
Got a call for an estimate for a clean-out. Went Sunday for estimate, gave my price, they signed and done today. No photos, no paperwork.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
a1propertyclean said:
Thanks for owing up to it.:thumbsup:

I never would have said who it was. I asked the mods to remove the post, not close the thread.

We've just got to be careful. We all come from different walks of life and have different sets of values, moral and otherwise, so we need to be sensitive to that and move past others' personal beliefs and on to the more important topics.

I, personally, am sad that the old thread was closed. There's valuable info in there that people are able to quote and respond to. We can still quote from the old thread but won't be as easy as it was.:sad:

Linda




On the same hand I think some are far too sensitive to things that do not matter, not even a little bit in the big scheme of things.

I saw something in a house yesterday that would extremely offensive to some, and with good reason. The way that major offense was taken to a couple of harmless jokes if those same folks were to have seen what I saw it probably would have required major therapy for decades to come.

I'm not even going to hint at what I saw just so that I can't be blamed for being an unpleasant individual like some of the names that were floating in the thread that was closed.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Newly registered but avid reader!

I have been following the other forum for probably over a year or more and I would like to thank all past posters for there contributions. I am not new to the business but I do continue to try and learn from others. However after taking a break from the business here in Oklahoma I am back doing it again. Yes I am ok! :thumbsup: I just had a recent CT Scan. Once again thank you all.

Thanks, Jason
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
brm1109 said:
I really like dealing with home owners more (don't get me wrong, the work from nationals is good) but it is just so much easier dealing with home owners.
Got a call for an estimate for a clean-out. Went Sunday for estimate, gave my price, they signed and done today. No photos, no paperwork.

:clap:



Thats nice. A guy could get spoiled.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
brm1109 said:
...gave my price, they signed and done today. No photos, no paperwork.
You forgot to mention you were probably paid as soon as the job was complete, most likely in cash.

Homeowners know they have to pay on completion. I wish everyone did. Sure would make things go a lot smoother.

Good for you, brm1109!

Linda
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa



Why can't BAC put all their pertinent info on the W/Os?

I do so few for them that I loose the email address we are supposed to use to send in pix.
They really do try to make this as difficult as possible all the way around.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
Paul ~

They want you to EARN those BIG BUCKS they pay you for the privilege of receiving work from them. :whistling

Don't they have a site you can log into? If they do, save it to your favorites. Maybe that will help.

Linda
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
BAC login site??????????


Not that I'm aware of.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
BPWY said:
BAC login site?????????? Not that I'm aware of.
Me neither. That's why I was wondering. I did one job for BAC years ago but nothing since and, at that time, I sent the invoice and photos directly to the person who negotiated the order with me.

Linda
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
All the hype about shorter wait times............. is just that.


15 mins of unpaid for unproductive sitting on hold... and counting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
24 mins of listening to their elevator music before some one answered.

Another 16 mins of going thru the deal waiting for the auth number.

40 mins of unpaid for time. I am very strongly considering finishing the other two orders with them and calling it quits for working for any one that subs for them.
I get nothing other than a very few initials and poorly paying grass cuts.
The last bid ap was for a vandalized door that I had bid only 4 times before they approved it.

This is just insane.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
I feel for you, Paul. I know what it's like. Fortunately, I don't have clients like that anymore and haven't in about 3 years.

I'm sure it will be a tough choice for you since even a few jobs, as long as the pay is right, can put food on the table.

Linda
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BPWY said:
24 mins of listening to their elevator music before some one answered.

Another 16 mins of going thru the deal waiting for the auth number.

40 mins of unpaid for time. I am very strongly considering finishing the other two orders with them and calling it quits for working for any one that subs for them.
I get nothing other than a very few initials and poorly paying grass cuts.
The last bid ap was for a vandalized door that I had bid only 4 times before they approved it.

This is just insane.
Don't forget the "Your call is very important to us, we will be with you as soon as possible" at least 15 times while you wait. At leat they could have a decent radio station playing.:no:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Working2hard said:
Don't forget the "Your call is very important to us, we will be with you as soon as possible" at least 15 times while you wait. At leat they could have a decent radio station playing.:no:






I'm 7 mins in on my second call of the day.

I'm sure they play that sack of lies at least once every minute.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
a1propertyclean said:
I feel for you, Paul. I know what it's like. Fortunately, I don't have clients like that anymore and haven't in about 3 years.

I'm sure it will be a tough choice for you since even a few jobs, as long as the pay is right, can put food on the table.

Linda



I get so few that its not going to be a real tough choice to make.


This week alone i've gotten more work than some months a year ago this time.
But very very little of it comes from BAC.
 
1 - 20 of 4599 Posts
Top