REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please post HUD Roof tarp specs, I am doing my first one as a favor tomorrow. BATF :thumbsup:

Thanks

Basically I need to know how much to overlap tarp over peak, opposite side of tarp.....

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Can someone please post HUD Roof tarp specs, I am doing my first one as a favor tomorrow. BATF :thumbsup:

Thanks

MORTGAGEE LETTER 2010-18
HUD only references "Roof Repair" there are no specs for "tarping" blwo is a follow-up on HUDS FAQ

FFAQs updated as of January 31, 2011

The letter states that HUD does not tarp. However, in some instances it is needed to protect the property until the roof is repaired or replaced, especially when there may be insurance claim proceeds available. Will the cost of a tarp be reimbursed in this type of situation?

Answer – Yes, with the appropriate documentation to support the claim, this cost may be reimbursable. Any repair, temporary or permanent, required to prevent further damage that results in costs exceeding $2,500 shall be submitted as an overallowable

With that in mind... common sense in covering the roof damage and surrounding area to insure water does not infiltrate to cause further damage. Keeping in mind that a roof tarp is only a temp fix as most tarps degrade over time...meaning maybe a year or less they fray and sun exposure deteriorates the material.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.