REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the right to price things however I want. It's their choice not to retain our services on a particular job. There is also the option of negotiating the difference. However if they attempt to shove orders down my throat there are going to some lates.....:whistling2::whistling2::whistling2:

More people need to stand up to these cut bids and Cost Estimator requirements.

I was also told if you can't do the work for the "MODIFIED" pricing. Return to the property and provide photo's that prove your position. I replied "NO!" my price is my price and I don't have to justify or explain anything.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had an interesting one today where I was denied being paid two lawn cuts because they would have been the fifth cut for the month. I did not know one cut had already been completed when it was assigned to me so I cut it four times.

I was told I should have asked. I said it was no big deal I would get the money on my next few bid jobs.

Pay me now or pay me later, but pay me you will.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I have the right to price things however I want. It's their choice not to retain our services on a particular job. There is also the option of negotiating the difference. However if they attempt to shove orders down my throat there are going to some lates.....:whistling2::whistling2::whistling2:

I was also told if you can't do the work for the "MODIFIED" pricing. Return to the property and provide photo's that prove your position. I replied "NO!" my price is my price and I don't have to justify or explain anything.

I went through that yesterday and today.Because their client is cheap and only wants to pay $2.35 a LF for gutter with downs,they think i should cut my price to appease them. HAHA NOT ! I will cut my prices for no one. They were told to find someone else. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Motivator
267 Posts
$2.35/ft....pffft you can't even put up that craplastic garbage for that. $4.50/ft and no less. You get a nice seamless 5" K style w/3x5 downs. Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
$2.35/ft....pffft you can't even put up that craplastic garbage for that. $4.50/ft and no less. You get a nice seamless 5" K style w/3x5 downs. Nuff said.
I was getting $9/LF of gutters last year curing city violations. Did 4 of them. My sub would run them out and place them in the house. We'd show up the next day and hang them.

Tell them you damn near get $2.35 LF for them at the scrap yard.....

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
Changing your bid amounts to fraud....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was recently asked to lower a bid. I replied that my bid was correct - it was exterior debris and they wanted it reduced by 60%. They told me to do it anyway. When I asked if the reduced bid was too low would I be able to rebid the remainder they were shocked and appalled. No. You bid it you do it no matter what. Too bad it doesn't work the other way... needless to say, I didn't reduce my bid. I also saw it went to someone else who caved into their lowball demands. Hate that.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I was recently asked to lower a bid. I replied that my bid was correct - it was exterior debris and they wanted it reduced by 60%. They told me to do it anyway. When I asked if the reduced bid was too low would I be able to rebid the remainder they were shocked and appalled. No. You bid it you do it no matter what. Too bad it doesn't work the other way... needless to say, I didn't reduce my bid. I also saw it went to someone else who caved into their lowball demands. Hate that.
I hate it too when my bids get sent to someone who will cave on the lowball reduction. However, I find it better to stick with your principles and bids. Once you start caving, it only gets worse. It's simliar to the "Hey can you do this one favor". The minute you take a rush order on a Friday night, they all end up being sent to you on every Friday and holiday.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate it too when my bids get sent to someone who will cave on the lowball reduction. However, I find it better to stick with your principles and bids. Once you start caving, it only gets worse. It's simliar to the "Hey can you do this one favor". The minute you take a rush order on a Friday night, they all end up being sent to you on every Friday and holiday.
You suck one :censored: and your always a :censored:sucker!

I don't mind working with them but the forced reduction is a whole other set of circumstances.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Just wandering what was the reply when you flat said No?
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Return to the property and provide photo's that prove your position.
No other industry I know of forces a contractor to submit detailed bids, with all terms of the estimate, including liability, time frame, methods of disposal, materials used, # of laborers, basically prewritten with only a blank left for the amount. That blank is also subject to the National's editing at their whim.

But a Rep may tell you "We're not forcing you to do anything."
So what would you call it?
"Terms of ____________ (fill in the blank)".

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Just wandering what was the reply when you flat said No?
:thumbsup:
In past experiences with numerous Nationals, "No" is met with the threat of reassigning the bid at your expense, cancellation of current open work orders, immediate termination, suspension, reduced workload, warning/probationary emails. A few times when we were the only contractor they had for that zone, they would just let the property sit. A few other times, we got the job for our price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your definitely right in that this is the only industry that damn near forces prices down your throat . These companies are rediculous in what they ask of people at times .. But hey I guess it's the nature o the beast right?

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In past experiences with numerous Nationals, "No" is met with the threat of reassigning the bid at your expense, cancellation of current open work orders, immediate termination, suspension, reduced workload, warning/probationary emails. A few times when we were the only contractor they had for that zone, they would just let the property sit. A few other times, we got the job for our price.

That is pretty much what happened. Add in a phone call from some big whig that thought a few kind words would get us in the truck and headed to the property. That didn't work.

This is a matter of principle and a matter of our company making money. It's not that we are just being stubborn or obstinate here. This is our reality and when we are already bidding things for less than we would get on the open market we can't cut them further.

My area is pretty cheap meaning our pricing is lower than most of the country to start with. I can't imagine if i lived in a large metro area like some of you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We got told one time that we will negotiate up to a point but if you start requesting it a lot we will stop giving you work of course they probably tried to give the work to someone else but no one wants to drive down in the boondocks

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sorry but your reply I am not sure if you are being smart or what no haven't quit and don't plan on it have to much of my own time invested to give up
No, not really being a smart ass, just stating that you will have this. I've got a couple bid issues myself currently. Also, getting other contractors messes dumped on you is another recurring theme. Even after you have reported and bid and jumped through all the hoops. When the two get mixed together it's extra special. When they want you to do the initial service for the routine price, and act like they have not seen the 300 photos, and detailed report, but know how much you should charge, it's great. I'm sure nearly everyone has run into this. I say test the envelope, I always bid above the guidelines for whatever kind of loan I'm working on, makes those kids in the office go all gaga when it doesn't fit into their little squares.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No, not really being a smart ass, just stating that you will have this. I've got a couple bid issues myself currently. Also, getting other contractors messes dumped on you is another recurring theme. Even after you have reported and bid and jumped through all the hoops. When the two get mixed together it's extra special. When they want you to do the initial service for the routine price, and act like they have not seen the 300 photos, and detailed report, but know how much you should charge, it's great. I'm sure nearly everyone has run into this. I say test the envelope, I always bid above the guidelines for whatever kind of loan I'm working on, makes those kids in the office go all gaga when it doesn't fit into their little squares.
There are guidelines?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts