REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone let me know how is it possible to find out who an inspector is through five brothers? I work for them and I do preservation work, for some reason I am not allowed to talk to the inspector...Reason I ask is I installed a sump pump a bit ago at a home, week later I am sent back at my own charge, because inspector cant operate pump..So I go there, lift the float and its fine. (maybe the lack of water would of told him it worked.) Cant understand why he could not lift the float to test it. Now I am sent out again tommorrow to see why he cant open a door lock I installed a few monthes ago??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone let me know how is it possible to find out who an inspector is through five brothers? I work for them and I do preservation work, for some reason I am not allowed to talk to the inspector...Reason I ask is I installed a sump pump a bit ago at a home, week later I am sent back at my own charge, because inspector cant operate pump..So I go there, lift the float and its fine. (maybe the lack of water would of told him it worked.) Cant understand why he could not lift the float to test it. Now I am sent out again tommorrow to see why he cant open a door lock I installed a few monthes ago??
This is one of my BIGGEST frustrations: "hey, can you go to Property, "they" are saying the lockbox doesn't work". Get out there and it works fine. With today's technology, you would think that the AM requesting would ask for a photo from the person having the issue, but NO-it's easier for the AM to call me up and have me address the issue. I charge a trip charge or annoyance fee each time I have to go out and fix a non-issue.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Honestly, the only time i ever met inspectors was if i ran into them at a job.

As far as the sump pump, my guess is he looked and maybe seen water in the sump pit.And figured it wasnt his problem. Some inspectors are like the processors , the cant see beyond their nose.

I had an inspector who demanded i return to a job and re-clean the toilet. The toilet was stained from the water.It would not clean.Then he said there was broken glass still in the yard.

He went back to that job every other day for 3 weeks.And filed the same report, with the same pictures.

Enough was enough, i told my state rep they need to get a call into someone and get him under control.I had documented photos of the toilet,and before,doing and after of the glass on my truck.

I went back 3 times.and yes i did trip charge them,at my prices not their crap price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, so i am not alone...funny about the pump well, it was bone dry! I cant wait to turn the key in the lock and have it open, so i can write another note to 5 bros that this guys a wanker. Then invoice a 60.00 trip charge...or maybe change all the locks too and leave a note on the door stating how to operate a key and lock

·
Registered
681 Posts
glad to here I`m not the only one that has to do a rush resecure, only to find that all locks are fine! They need to pay better than $6 and maybe they will someone smart enough to work a lock!:thumbsup:

On another note I keep getting emails from them stating photo of (such and such room) looks like there`s discoloration! get all the ,it`s one you dumb a** it dust were the washing or dryer was!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had to rush out to a property because a broker could not gain access when I just changed the locks a few days prior.

I met the agent there and asked her to show me. So she did and her key would not go in so I asked for the key and turned it right side up and inserted it into the keyway and unlocked the door. The I turned around and walked away

·
Banned
232 Posts
I had to rush out to a property because a broker could not gain access when I just changed the locks a few days prior.

I met the agent there and asked her to show me. So she did and her key would not go in so I asked for the key and turned it right side up and inserted it into the keyway and unlocked the door. The I turned around and walked away

lol........lmaO.., not laughing @ you. It amazes me how stupid some people are

·
Registered
256 Posts
Honestly inspections is where experience counts. There is a particular brand of sump pump around here that requires water to be present for the float to work (it has a moisture switch in the bottom, some kind of extra safety). I got sent back to a few that were perfectly fine and fired right up but only if you dumped water in instead of just lifting the float. After about the third one I got smart and stopped using them (too bad they were much better pumps for the same price)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same problem with inspectors

Here in NC I got one that is always sending me back because the door was open . I drive 30 miles to the property and it's all secure.
I told the regional.
How about have the inspector just close the stinking door

·
Registered
751 Posts
I got one where the lock box will not open with the code provided to me. Not the first time with this broker.

She wrote back a sarcastic response detailing how to use a lock box and stating you must push the box against the shank to open it.

So on my next visit it is still no go. Then her handyman shows up to do some other work and I ask him to please give it a go. What do you know it does not work. So now I have him telling her it does not work and I have been paid twice to clean a house I cannot access.

Apparently everyone but her is too stupid to open this box.

·
Registered
343 Posts

if it was NY id swear it was my ex wife

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had one where the inspector reported that there was no lock box on the property and the key code provided would not open the lock. Now I know it was the right key because I did it myself.
Go to the property and guess what the lock box was right where I left it on the rear door and the keys were in it and the right code.
The inspector never bothered to check the rear of the house for it, then they ask why only the rear door was changed? Had to reference the WO "change rear door lock only".
I wonder sometimes.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Jeez people! The most favored delay tactic to slow down the realtor 24hr bpo and other requirements is the "no lockbox found" or "the locks do not function" excuse.

NOW for stupid: We had a realtor drive through a garage overhead door. Reason? A P&P Contractor put on the initial work order that there was an automatic garage door opener on the overhead door. She seriously thought it would open automatically by driving up the driveway...hey maybe hers does but not this home.

·
Registered
343 Posts
NOW for stupid: We had a realtor drive through a garage overhead door. Reason? A P&P Contractor put on the initial work order that there was an automatic garage door opener on the overhead door. She seriously thought it would open automatically by driving up the driveway...hey maybe hers does but not this home.[/QUOTE]

you sure that wasnt my ex wife ?? :yes:

but no key or lock box issues right ?

·
Jack of all master o'none
27 Posts
Kind of like the guy that decided to make a sandwich while driving down the interstate in his motor home. He engaged what the manufacturer had labled as auto pilot (duh.......cruise control) and proceeded to make his sandwich in the kitchen area of his motor home.

How'd that turn out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.