REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall! It's been a minute! Hope everyone has weathered the storm in one piece. It's been stressful, for sure.
So, it's time for new GL insurance. My former carrier has decided not to offer commercial, so I would like some input from my brothers and sisters in the field. Who do you use?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi yall! It's been a minute! Hope everyone has weathered the storm in one piece. It's been stressful, for sure.
So, it's time for new GL insurance. My former carrier has decided not to offer commercial, so I would like some input from my brothers and sisters in the field. Who do you use?
Hey MJ! So ur still making a couple bucks in PP eh? Well good for you. Hope all is well.

This site doesn't get much traffic anymore, I check in once a week just out of curiosity.

As far as insurance goes, I haven't a clue. When nationals started requiring insurance from preferred providers, I knew I was playing the game and getting scammed. Ridiculous when they won't accept insurance from a company like Nationwide, never mind the fact that they were rejecting DOUBLE the coverage (2 million/4 mil aggregate). They would only accept a policy from my choice of 3 of their preferred providers, usually offering some watered down 1 million ripoff policy that you knew damn well wouldn't cover a fraction of ur ass if it needed to. The only thing that doubled were my premiums.

3 years ago I dumped my insurance, paid off my acreage, and took a 9-5 apt maintenance supervisor job with good pay and full benefits. Weekends and evenings are mine again, and I'm ONLY married to my wife, not the Fn job!

Good luck MJ and as always, BEHAVE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
brunswick

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,416 Posts
OH..BEhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave...How you been???
If you're not restricted to specific providers talk to you insurance agent ...we did and they came up with a decent policy 1M...it was like 110 a month it wasn't bad...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH..BEhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave...How you been???
If you're not restricted to specific providers talk to you insurance agent ...we did and they came up with a decent policy 1M...it was like 110 a month it wasn't bad...
Hiya buddy!
I've been following your work on the wild wild web, and am so excited for all your new ventures!!! You're doing great!!
Thanks for the input...and behave?!?! Really?! I'm not good at that!!
Best and warmest regards!!
MJ

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,416 Posts
Hiya buddy!
I've been following your work on the wild wild web, and am so excited for all your new ventures!!! You're doing great!!
Thanks for the input...and behave?!?! Really?! I'm not good at that!!
Best and warmest regards!!
MJ
Thanks Pretty Lady...Hope all is well in your corner of the world...

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off, kind of weird a CO getting out of commercial lines. Cannot believe your agent would not find you a good Deal, as why lose the account (and commission.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a very small account, so if they want to lose the trifling profit, so be it. It's not MY insurance guy, it's one of dozens he works with. So, in response, I neither know nor really care why they don't want my business... BUT Dan my insurance guy actually just informed me I'd paid through next April and was in fact fully covered, so kind of a nevermind moment.

No one seemed to have great praise for their carrier, incidentally. Huh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts