REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been contacted by a company called Junk Monkey out of Michigan.

Red Flags:

• The guy wants me to go through a sign up and application process before showing me pricing.
  • They claim to be a national but I suspect they are in fact a regional.
  • When he found out that we aren't just a mom and pop shop he became really evasive to questions.
Maybe I am just paranoid?:innocent:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Paranoid?? maybe a little of getting jacked.

I wouldn't waste any further time with this company.
They don't sound on the up and up.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
We have been contacted by a company called Junk Monkey out of Michigan.

Red Flags:

• The guy wants me to go through a sign up and application process before showing me pricing.
  • They claim to be a national but I suspect they are in fact a regional.
  • When he found out that we aren't just a mom and pop shop he became really evasive to questions.
Maybe I am just paranoid?:innocent:
Their name says it all. What national would have a name like that? He'll, what regional would?

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their name says it all. What national would have a name like that? He'll, what regional would?
I thought that as well.

We are trying to downsize from a regional to a local company in an effort to stop using subcontractors. I am trying to clean up my business and lose a few headaches. Most of my national clients have pretended to understand then basically cut or volume in half. At this time of year that hurts some.

To counter this we have gone back to advertising for Windows, Siding, and Doors. I am excited about getting back to remodeling and getting paid when we do a job. I want to make sure that we are still doing preservation work as well ultimately we should have a good blend.

I don't want to even screw with some half ass outfit again and no Nationals that want to dictate terms. After several years in the business we have kind of learned what we want and what we don't.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I thought that as well.

We are trying to downsize from a regional to a local company in an effort to stop using subcontractors. I am trying to clean up my business and lose a few headaches. Most of my national clients have pretended to understand then basically cut or volume in half. At this time of year that hurts some.

To counter this we have gone back to advertising for Windows, Siding, and Doors. I am excited about getting back to remodeling and getting paid when we do a job. I want to make sure that we are still doing preservation work as well ultimately we should have a good blend.

I don't want to even screw with some half ass outfit again and no Nationals that want to dictate terms. After several years in the business we have kind of learned what we want and what we don't.
Godspeed

·
Registered
847 Posts
There you have it! They work FOR a regional........:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

Not going to be anything left in the pot.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Anytime you catch yourself thinking twice, your first thought was the right thought.I had guys that I couldn't keep steady once I started booting these Nationals out, and some of them would sign on with the PO Box/ Office in their their basement Regional scammers.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We took a couple of orders after talking to these guys and it turns out that they are in fact LEGIT. They aren't doing P&P work in our area just REHAB stuff and they sent us a $10,000.00 bid approval and offered a deposit upfront.

My experience with them thus far has been good everyone I have talked with seems to know their stuff.

Sometimes we have to take chances?

The reason they didn't forward pricing is the work is all rehab so I price what I want then they plug it into Repair base or Exactimate and there you go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts