REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email this morning from LAMCO stating they are now partners with AMS. Not sure why I received it but thought some of you may be interested.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Aint that special.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The LAMCO ship has been taking on water for several years. I think AMS just threw them a lifejacket.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I got a call from a company AMS, not sure if it is the same one.
I swear I don't know who these people think they are dealing with sometimes.
I asked about a pricing matrix, "well we don't give it out until we know you are serious". Duh if I am talking to you I guess I am interested, besides you called me out of the blue.
Long story short, They want references, copy of insurance and completed application before they will give you the pricing.
I explained that we also needed 3 references since we don't know them and we don't do anything with insurance until we know we will work for them.
Guess what, they don't supply references. Gee no references, no pricing but give us your application and insurance.
Hope they get all hacks working for them.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Isn't AMS a rather Johnnie come lately to the P&P industry?

Last 2 years or so??

Whats put them on the map is they landed a cushy Fannie REO contract.
I fail to see where they are benefited by joining with LAMEco.

I had to mark LAMEco's emails as spam about 3 times before they stopped bothering me.
I used the unsubscribe feature multiple times to no avail.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brm1109 said:
I got a call from a company AMS, not sure if it is the same one.
I swear I don't know who these people think they are dealing with sometimes.
I asked about a pricing matrix, "well we don't give it out until we know you are serious". Duh if I am talking to you I guess I am interested, besides you called me out of the blue.
Long story short, They want references, copy of insurance and completed application before they will give you the pricing.
I explained that we also needed 3 references since we don't know them and we don't do anything with insurance until we know we will work for them.
Guess what, they don't supply references. Gee no references, no pricing but give us your application and insurance.
Hope they get all hacks working for them.
I believe they are flat rate, low flat rate.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BPWY said:
Isn't AMS a rather Johnnie come lately to the P&P industry?

Last 2 years or so??

Whats put them on the map is they landed a cushy Fannie REO contract.
I fail to see where they are benefited by joining with LAMEco.

I had to mark LAMEco's emails as spam about 3 times before they stopped bothering me.
I used the unsubscribe feature multiple times to no avail.
I unsubscribed too. I was treating too many emails trying to get me to pay to be a member. No thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
SWOH REO said:
I believe they are flat rate, low flat rate.

At a time when I really needed the work I tried to sign with AMS..... Three times.

I just could not make myself accept their low rates. Even tho I needed the work.

I heard some where that Fannie was or is paying $2500 for each REO to get them trashed out, cleaned and minor repairs done. AMS was/is paying the contractor $600 OR LESS in some areas.

That is just being super greedy, and I won't help them in their efforts to F over the guy doing the work and carrying all the risk.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I dont know all the particulars and I am not signed up with LAMCO but we have done 6 large jobs for them through the Fannie Realtors and the pay is above avg and upon job completion.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone wants the true skinny on AMS then talk to Mtmtnmn. He is like the #1 contractor in the nation.
HEY WHERE IS MTMTNMN ?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I got suckered into paying 2 years ago. Ended up being worthwhile for me. Their rates were HUD-20% on your standard locks/debris/etc. I agree with Fremont also, the few repairs we did get paid well. Only downside is that their work was sporadic for us. Hard to remember a company's requirements when they contact you only every couple of months.

FremontREO said:
Ok I dont know all the particulars and I am not signed up with LAMCO but we have done 6 large jobs for them through the Fannie Realtors and the pay is above avg and upon job completion.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm one of their top guys in the Texas region. I do work for HUD only for them. They pay $350 to trash out, clean, and do the landscaping and cure any trip hazards. But 99% of properties have 1 cyd or less.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SRT-Diesel said:
I'm one of their top guys in the Texas region. I do work for HUD only for them. They pay $350 to trash out, clean, and do the landscaping and cure any trip hazards. But 99% of properties have 1 cyd or less.

:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got two lawn recuts cancelled(nothing on about properties selling).Was only two properties I had with them.:censored: I had paid the life time membership, not sure HOW MUCH THEY WILL ASK FOR NOW?IT`S NOT HAPPING:censored::censored::censored:

Been nothing but a rip off

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FremontREO said:
If someone wants the true skinny on AMS then talk to Mtmtnmn. He is like the #1 contractor in the nation.
HEY WHERE IS MTMTNMN ?
I think he is still alive. I base that assumption on all the phone calls I get from him each day!
Don't know why he hasn't jumped in here. He is by far the expert for this particular thread.

This board sure suffers when he is not participating. . .

·
Property Preservation
883 Posts
PropPresPro said:
I think he is still alive. I base that assumption on all the phone calls I get from him each day!
Don't know why he hasn't jumped in here. He is by far the expert for this particular thread.

This board sure suffers when he is not participating. . .
A lot of the members who have been around for awhile don't post much anymore, including myself.

We get tired of the same old questions and new members who don't search before they ask. Plus, a lot of the long-time members have been taken to task by the admins for what they posted in the recent past, even though they were able to do that until people NOT involved in the preservation industry chimed in against it.

Many of us have tried to educate and point people in the right direction. Many of the new members don't want to listen or they just want to argue. A lot of our efforts are for nothing, the way the forum is regulated now. So why bother participating?

I don't visit every day either and, even when I do, there isn't much that's NEW to respond to. When there's a good question being asked or a good discussion going on and I have something to say, I still do. But it's rare anymore that the criteria for responding is there.

Linda

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah your point is spot on. Unfortunately it sure hurts Nathans Sponsers since I know I have curtailed buying from some advertisers due to the "censorship". If you don't hear from me for awhile that means I got slapped :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I work for lamco it was good for a bit. when i was a renew yearly member i did a fair amount of work and pay was ok. soon as i signed up as a lifetime member work stopped. I haven't had A work order in 4 months from them. seems fishy. when the previous year i did 35 to 40k in work it was never steady work but 3 to 4 jobs a month. and bids always got approved. now nothing

And Ams well get there pricing sheet and it speaks for itself . very very low pricing

·
Registered
588 Posts
The problem is AMS will not even give you their price sheet unless you sign up with them. Sorry but if you will not let me know the prices then I am not wasting my time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had one call me today first thing I ask I need to know your pricing on lock changes. "Its 40 per door 2 locks" " That does not even pay for me to get the shows on my feet to get out the door. " "OH well we can direct you to a web site where you can get the locks for 4 to 6 dollars each". " Sorry but that does not pay" I said thanks for the call. The cover age area is 50 miles away one way so it would be 5.5 gallons to get there and home ( 22$) so I realize that the locks would be a bust if that were the only thing but they have to realize that it costs more than the materials to do business and we need to start to say NO to these low ballers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts