REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my state PPR work orders that request you to enter the property are ILLEGAL IF the property has personals in it !!! It is Criminal Trespass ! Even if requested by the bank !!! Why you ask ?? It is no different than a land lord popping over to see a Tennant (unannounced) and doing a walk through. I just thought you all would like to know. Look up your Revised codes for your state and read them !! If the property is not open to t he public it is trespass.

This has been verified by a lawyer and as I am finding out the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
1,240 Posts
In my state PPR work orders that request you to enter the property are ILLEGAL IF the property has personals in it !!! It is Criminal Trespass ! Even if requested by the bank !!! Why you ask ?? It is no different than a land lord popping over to see a Tennant (unannounced) and doing a walk through. I just thought you all would like to know. Look up your Revised codes for your state and read them !! If the property is not open to t he public it is trespass.

This has been verified by a lawyer and as I am finding out the hard way.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
So are you in some kind of trouble over this?
I do know that most all mortgages come with a clause that states the mortgage holder has the right to protect & preserve their asset as they see the need (that's where the term "P&P" originated).

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too but state law I guess trumps that. This really has me wondering if it is worth it. and how many PP vendors are aware of this .

I may start lobbying for a amendment to the Law or a change to it. I have to assume it is a OLD law and did not take into consideration the current mess we are in.

From here out I am getting it in writing from a person at the property pres company that it is OK for me to enter the property. I did get verbal approval but they are denying that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
did you call from site to okay secure the property ?
if you got verbal okay was it followed by email ?
fed law set standards state laws drill that down and then municipality law is the definition

1 - 4 of 4 Posts