REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting back into PPO after getting out about 3 years ago. things are picking up here again and i really enjoyed the work.
that means its time for liability and E&O insurance. i was using InsuranceTek out of washington state last and paying $2004 for the combined policy 1mil and 2 mil aggregate.

we are a full service contractor; wintz, grass, trash outs, all ppo basically. what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
179 Posts
im getting back into PPO after getting out about 3 years ago. things are picking up here again and i really enjoyed the work.
that means its time for liability and E&O insurance. i was using InsuranceTek out of washington state last and paying $2004 for the combined policy 1mil and 2 mil aggregate.

we are a full service contractor; wintz, grass, trash outs, all ppo basically. what do you guys recommend?

Counseling

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow you guys are great
since ive already heard from the forum clowns do any of the adult members want to add anything? it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
wow you guys are great
since ive already heard from the forum clowns do any of the adult members want to add anything? it would be appreciated.
Well most of us clowns have been pretty jaded and fed up with the steer dung associated with this circus. Why anyone that has exited this business would want to get back in is beyond me but hey to each his own.

To answer your question about insurance I personally don't have an answer just shop around, who did you use 3 years ago?

And for the record these clowns you refer to are some of the most knowledgeable and professional people you will ever encounter and it would benefit you immensely to read some of the advice and wisdom they have shared on this forum. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well most of us clowns have been pretty jaded and fed up with the steer dung associated with this circus. Why anyone that has exited this business would want to get back in is beyond me but hey to each his own.
------------------------

before i left the business three years ago i was in it for 6 years and every year i cleared 6 figures except my last year. even back then when i would lurk through these forums i would hear guys complaining about how there is no money in it anymore but there i was killing it. some of us know how to make it happen the rest apparently go on forums and complain to each other like woman or talk a ton of sh!t to scare away the new guys.

And for the record these clowns you refer to are some of the most knowledgeable and professional people you will ever encounter and it would benefit you immensely to read some of the advice and wisdom they have shared on this forum. Good luck to you.
---------------------

no sir they are nothing but clowns. when asked a genuine question of merit they give childish answers and chuckle and snort amongst themselves like a group of retarded junior high kids.

·
Registered
641 Posts
no sir they are nothing but clowns. when asked a genuine question of merit they give childish answers and chuckle and snort amongst themselves like a group of retarded junior high kids.
A lot has changed in 3 years, and if you spend a bit more time lurking you will see that 90% of the good advice around here is how to make P&P with nationals 10% or less of you business. So, If you got out and want back in...expect to take a few whacks...from us AND the nationals that intend to screw you.

To your original insurance question;

If you insist on working for nationals, a lot of them have preferred providers that you will have to buy a policy from if you want to work for them.

If you have private clients you can work for, then sit down with an agent you trust and find a policy that fits your needs.

A word of caution....search some insurance and chargeback threads on this forum. These nationals have become broad daylight evil thieves. In other words make sure you've got coverage and backing that will fight negligence claims on a wint you did 4 years ago that has been tampered with 25 times since you did the work. Your agent will need to know this kind of stuff to get you the right coverage.

Wannabe seems to be the insurance wizard around here. Search his insurance posts. He knows is stuff. Maybe he'll be along shortly to post all the important stuff I didn't.

And I don't snort. :vs_no_no_no:

·
Registered
179 Posts
------------------------

before i left the business three years ago i was in it for 6 years and every year i cleared 6 figures except my last year. even back then when i would lurk through these forums i would hear guys complaining about how there is no money in it anymore but there i was killing it. some of us know how to make it happen the rest apparently go on forums and complain to each other like woman or talk a ton of sh!t to scare away the new guys.

Clearing 6 figures for over 5 years and you really enjoyed the work.
Why did you quit.
Why didn't you take that half million you cleared and buy some homes. You could be sitting pretty right now as the market was down.
Then you quit such a high paying job to try and do something else.
3 years is a lot of time and now you quit or failed in that endeavor.

---------------------

You have to be 30 years old. Then you resort to name calling and junior high school stuff.
Well my friend its time you grow up and make your own path. Make a business plan and make it happen.
Scare away new contractors are you kidding me. Go for it work those prices they are pushing today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have to be 30 years old. Then you resort to name calling and junior high school stuff.
Well my friend its time you grow up and make your own path. Make a business plan and make it happen.
Scare away new contractors are you kidding me. Go for it work those prices they are pushing today.
-------------------------

heres a tissue im sorry i hurt your feelings but i do believe it was you who tossed out the first jab with your silly non-answer.
i made a path straight over to this forum and asked a question to hopefully save myself a few phone calls and i run into you with your childish response to my answer and now you wanna tell me to grow up?? who raised you? i didnt come here to waste my time and i dont make it a habit to waste that of others so if you have nothing but kid jokes as answers to adults questions perhaps it is you sir that need to grow up a tad.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
heres a tissue im sorry i hurt your feelings but i do believe it was you who tossed out the first jab with your silly non-answer.
i made a path straight over to this forum and asked a question to hopefully save myself a few phone calls and i run into you with your childish response to my answer and now you wanna tell me to grow up?? who raised you? i didnt come here to waste my time and i dont make it a habit to waste that of others so if you have nothing but kid jokes as answers to adults questions perhaps it is you sir that need to grow up a tad.
I'd be willing to wager a bet that the vets here aren't going to give you much help. Oh wait, I misspoke, I meant 'forum clowns'.

Some friendly advice that you didn't ask for but I'm going to give you anyway. As a moderator, I have little tolerance for the new guy that shows up here and starts insulting the vets. Just saying.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd be willing to wager a bet that the vets here aren't going to give you much help. Oh wait, I misspoke, I meant 'forum clowns'.

Some friendly advice that you didn't ask for but I'm going to give you anyway. As a moderator, I have little tolerance for the new guy that shows up here and starts insulting the vets. Just saying.

I'm not one for insulting people either, but let's be honest, not every response to a question is always given. Quite frequently there is a snarky or sarcastic comment that in my opinion is uncalled for. Although the vets here have only good intentions since they are right by telling us all to run from the nationals and regionals, but if the question isn't who should I call for work, then it seems kinda rude. A lot of the comments here are rude, I know no one is going to give up their trade secrets to help someone else run them out of business, but I believe there is a polite way of handling things without being that guy that the op is referring to.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Based on your expected volume and the requirements of the companies you will be working for, what are the limits they are asking for? Are you basing revenue forecasts on numbers now- both in rates and volume- or from history? What kind of gross revenue/costs are you forecasting for FY2016?

·
Registered
212 Posts

First ill try and answer your questions, then ill give you my 2 cents.

Brunswick, Hanover, York-Jersey all have preservation specific policies that are accepted by most if not all of the nationals. Price depends on a few things but mostly it's a certain dollar amount per $1000 of revenue generated by preservation work. There's a lot of variables but the quotes are simple. Hanover and York-Jersey both allow for financing, I don't think Brunswick does. I pay about $2200 per year at Hanover and it was similar at York-Jersey before my claim, After the claim it jumped to $9,800.

Now for my 2 cents, unfortunately this forum has long past its ability to be either helpful or informative. If I were you I'd try some LinkedIn groups. They are far more forthcoming with information and much less likely to bash you for questions that have been asked already.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I'm not one for insulting people either, but let's be honest, not every response to a question is always given. Quite frequently there is a snarky or sarcastic comment that in my opinion is uncalled for. Although the vets here have only good intentions since they are right by telling us all to run from the nationals and regionals, but if the question isn't who should I call for work, then it seems kinda rude. A lot of the comments here are rude, I know no one is going to give up their trade secrets to help someone else run them out of business, but I believe there is a polite way of handling things without being that guy that the op is referring to.
Point taken. This is a tough racket to make it in and I'm not against providing help, and believe in many cases I do. However, in all honesty, I'd be more inclined to help someone such as yourself, who has 358+ posts, been here for a year, and obviously participates.

I realize that everyone becomes a member one day and starts with a zero post count. Doesn't necessarily mean anything negative. However, throwing insults in the first half dozen posts doesn't help anyone build any 'street cred'. It also takes a while reading posts to 'get' sarcasm from certain members. It's even worse when new members show up and refuse to listen advice given.............

·
Registered
457 Posts
Point taken. This is a tough racket to make it in and I'm not against providing help, and believe in many cases I do. However, in all honesty, I'd be more inclined to help someone such as yourself, who has 358+ posts, been here for a year, and obviously participates.

I realize that everyone becomes a member one day and starts with a zero post count. Doesn't necessarily mean anything negative. However, throwing insults in the first half dozen posts doesn't help anyone build any 'street cred'. It also takes a while reading posts to 'get' sarcasm from certain members. It's even worse when new members show up and refuse to listen advice given.............

Your right except for one part. I know if someone feels this way they are in the wrong biz, but with all of those types of comments and negativity, someone that doesn't have thick skin might be afraid to chime in with fear of being persecuted for their opinion/comment. It's a rough biz out there and the vets are trying to make it easier by telling everyone to run and do private work instead of the nationals. Funny thing is that around here, I've spoken to several realtors that tell me they have no control over the properties they handle, nationals have taken over, and when work needs to be done, they have to call the one who has the contract to get the work completed. This causes a nightmare for them, but in my area that's the way it works. So unless I leave the preservation industry completely and do some other type of work, the nationals is all I have as an option.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Your right except for one part. I know if someone feels this way they are in the wrong biz, but with all of those types of comments and negativity, someone that doesn't have thick skin might be afraid to chime in with fear of being persecuted for their opinion/comment. It's a rough biz out there and the vets are trying to make it easier by telling everyone to run and do private work instead of the nationals. Funny thing is that around here, I've spoken to several realtors that tell me they have no control over the properties they handle, nationals have taken over, and when work needs to be done, they have to call the one who has the contract to get the work completed. This causes a nightmare for them, but in my area that's the way it works. So unless I leave the preservation industry completely and do some other type of work, the nationals is all I have as an option.

Your speaking with the wrong realtors. Keep trying do a Reo realtor search and call them ALL.
We get rehab jobs in Jersey from realtors.
Are you a good salesman if not hire someone who is like I did.
If you got skill then sell it buyers are out there.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I've spoken to several realtors that tell me they have no control over the properties they handle, nationals have taken over, and when work needs to be done, they have to call the one who has the contract to get the work completed. This causes a nightmare for them, but in my area that's the way it works. So unless I leave the preservation industry completely and do some other type of work, the nationals is all I have as an option.
While the Safeguards, MCS, Servicelink may have the huge volume of foreclosures, that's simply not a true statement. I'm positive that there are realtors in your area that have listings on homes where people have relocated. Offer a service to them for yard maintenance, spring clean ups, snow removals, light maid work prior to open houses, etc.

Hit them for estate clean outs. There are properties that an elderly relative passes away. No family or family out of state. There are times that the family members just want the cash without the headaches. Offer "Estate Preservation" instead of "Property Preservation".

As far as nationals go, a realtor's hands aren't always tied. Sometimes you need to educate them on what they can do AND how you can help them. It used to be under $500, which may have tweaked a little, but a FNMA realtor can send work to you without using the SAMS vendor. Many don't know about it as the "National" is the preferred vendor. May won't do it as they have to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement. If, you're already financing a national, why not finance the realtor. This is a person who you can directly access. They will also most likely pay a better rate. The rate being assessed is already your price + the nationals discount, at a minimum.

This isn't easy and doesn't happen over night. It takes perseverance and going above and beyond. The realtors in your area already have their go to guy. You'll have to persuade them in using you instead........

Seen as how this thread is already off topic, I'll give you an example from last week. I will be doing a full kitchen remodel, whole house paint, installing a French door into a bedroom and replacing the entire flooring in a home. Buyers close March 25. They move in April 12.

Due to the tight timeline, the buyers agent and sellers agent met me at the property to get dimensions for flooring and cabinets. They asked if I could actually make this happen and I said yes, provided the new homeowner makes selections in a timely basis. We struck up a conversation about what I do, what I can do, and how I could help them. Both of them asked for business cards, which I handed out. If I don't hear from them by the end of this week, I'll follow up with a phone call just to remind them about me.

The most important thing to take away from all my rambling is this. You need to market and sell solutions. Plain and simple. Don't sell grass cutting. Don't sell garbage removal. Don't sell roofing. That's not a solution.

I don't know if this applied to New Jersey, but around here, time means everything. The solutions I market to realtors are all time themed. How quickly can you help them get their commission check?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts