REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently have a national that has not paid in over 60 days and owes us over $15,000.00 After several failed attempts to try to get someone to tell us whats going on it is time to start the liening process. Fortunatly this would be the first time doing this, but I dont know were to start. Could someone point me in the right direction to start the process. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
343 Posts
We currently have a national that has not paid in over 60 days and owes us over $15,000.00 After several failed attempts to try to get someone to tell us whats going on it is time to start the liening process. Fortunatly this would be the first time doing this, but I dont know were to start. Could someone point me in the right direction to start the process. Thanks in advance!

looks like more than one property at that much money ??

you will have to file each individually

look here

http://construction.about.com/od/Claims-Management/a/Mechanics-Lien.htm

If you want to grind back on them make sure each property has a separate court date going on the assumption that your local to the court and they have to send someone far also on the brighter side depending on the state you gain interest from the day one

·
Registered
751 Posts
The easiest way to make sure this is done correctly is to hire someone to do this. Here in Florida there are companies that do nothing but this.

They know what they are doing and know exactly which T to cross and which I to dot. And they usually have E&O insurance (or equivilant for that industry) to cover themselves.

Depending on the lein laws in your state could mean the difference between getting paid and getting laughed at.

Typical costs here are about $25 to $35 per property depending on the company.

Money well spent. I have filed leins myself and prefer a root canal. It is less of a pain.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Notify the bozos now via letter that your boot is about to come down on their neck. It make rattle their cage a bit; if it doesn't the letter from your attorney will.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
One of the things we always do is CC the bank on the Letter of Demand....

It's going to get to the point we all may have to start asking for a deposit prior to starting service.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts