REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a slight chance I may have to put some liens for non-payment on some properties. Liening a post-sale/REO property would be pretty straightforward, but have any of you had a situation in which you had to lien a pre-sale property?

I will probably contact the national before I lien them(jobs through a regional), but I am unsure if I would want to get into the mess of liening a pre-sale since the home is still in the homeowners name.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
There is a slight chance I may have to put some liens for non-payment on some properties. Liening a post-sale/REO property would be pretty straightforward, but have any of you had a situation in which you had to lien a pre-sale property?

I will probably contact the national before I lien them(jobs through a regional), but I am unsure if I would want to get into the mess of liening a pre-sale since the home is still in the homeowners name.
Interesting post.
A couple of questions come to mind. When is the sale date? When was the work in question completed?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Go to the National first,give them 2 weeks to get your money.. then Lien it,then post at every P&P,ROE site the name of the Company.Dont tell the regoinal what your doing.Dont forget to post at Ripoff Report and Linkedin.

Good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've only had to lien one house and as soon it at was filed the bank was calling me to work it out, worth the time and effort and the $20.

When you do it with a national or regional it will usually end the relationship

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting post.
A couple of questions come to mind. When is the sale date? When was the work in question completed?
A mix of times. Some have probably went to sheriff sale by now, some probably don't have dates even set yet. Work was completed 30-120 days ago.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Pre-sale leins are risky. If the mortgage company files a writ for removal of lein it will be removed due to signed contract by homeowner. I never had a problem filing them...multiple times and the Mortgage Co would call and ask for it removed--of course but only after payment in full. Be sure to have the lein served on the Mortgage Co AND copy to the Service Company.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah I'm going to agree with the others..if you mention lien they will stop sending you work.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Go to the National first,give them 2 weeks to get your money.. then Lien it,then post at every P&P,ROE site the name of the Company.Dont tell the regoinal what your doing.Dont forget to post at Ripoff Report and Linkedin.

Good luck.

I'd never give them 2 weeks.

In today's high paced environment 5 business days is plenty of time for these clowns to get some action.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've only had to lien one house and as soon it at was filed the bank was calling me to work it out, worth the time and effort and the $20.

When you do it with a national or regional it will usually end the relationship
REMEMBER to include your TIME to file the Lien drive there and the cost to have it removed when you get paid. Also check on the filing fees it is 35 a page here. and roll these figures into t eh amount being gone after.

Do you really want to work for clownco REO if they are not going to pay. I didn't think so. When the relationship has degraded to the point of them not paying its over anyway you look at it.

I did a reskin of a door for a national commercial maintenance company. Called 30 days later where is the check , "should be in the next run " they said. waited another 20 days Same response waited another 15 and called thm talked to the owner and TOLD him I WILL go take the door off the hinges and then YOU will have to PAY me 3X the original invoice " "I will call the police" he threatens. I respond "they WILL NOT get involved , It's a civil matter" PAY UP I SAY He says, and this will give you some insight into these ceo's mind frames "You'll never work for us again" my response "Do you REALLY think I want to after this "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.