REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any regional that have SL as a client? I live in an urban area in northern Illinois which is saturated with P&P contractors and am finding it almost impossible to get in with any Nats due to "no need for more contractors in your area". I know for a fact SL covers my area and has tons of work out here.

Pm's are always welcome.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Does anyone know of any regional that have SL as a client? I live in an urban area in northern Illinois which is saturated with P&P contractors and am finding it almost impossible to get in with any Nats due to "no need for more contractors in your area". I know for a fact SL covers my area and has tons of work out here.

Pm's are always welcome.
You realize that you are just asking to be ripped off?

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
How's that? I know what they pay for services completed. If some idiot shows be some BS prices, I'll just tell them to *uck off..
What happens when they show you great pricing? You get the app and you pay for your background check, then you go do serious volume and Servicelink slow pays and NO pays like they have been doing to all their vendors? Or worse the regional you go through just doesn't pay you?

I'm just trying to point out that people who go to work for some regional are always the guys posting the so and so doesn't pay ripped me off etc posts.

You can't take bad work just because you are struggling to get good work. Working just to work only makes you go broke faster.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Little MCS story for you from last week.

I got a call from a realtor to go rekey and wint a property. The rekey paid 250.00 and the wint 250.00. I went to the property and completed the work. As I finished up a truck with a tiny mowing trailer and a car full of people showed up. They were here from +2 hrs away to do the cleanout for a guy who works for MCS but everything had to be stored in a unit which they rented. So for 18.00 a cubic yard the 5 of them were taking all the debris to a storage unit. They are going to make 468 dollars pay for a storage unit 2 vehicles gas and labor for 5 plus tie themselves up for the day. They know they are getting screwed and they just take it. They told me "we have work everyday all over the state".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little MCS story for you from last week.

I got a call from a realtor to go rekey and wint a property. The rekey paid 250.00 and the wint 250.00. I went to the property and completed the work. As I finished up a truck with a tiny mowing trailer and a car full of people showed up. They were here from +2 hrs away to do the cleanout for a guy who works for MCS but everything had to be stored in a unit which they rented. So for 18.00 a cubic yard the 5 of them were taking all the debris to a storage unit. They are going to make 468 dollars pay for a storage unit 2 vehicles gas and labor for 5 plus tie themselves up for the day. They know they are getting screwed and they just take it. They told me "we have work everyday all over the state".
Well, those guys are complete idiots.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Well, those guys are complete idiots.

Uh-huh and there are several veteran posters on here that say that 3 times a day when these guys start posting that XYZ regional doesn't pay.

Then you have to ask how you are helping your own business by giving XYZ regional coverage in your area. This only ensures that you can't get direct because Servicelink already has coverage. It's you at half the price you should be getting.

Trot on down to your local high school business class and layout this genius get rich slow plan for the teacher and they are going to wonder if you need a drug screening?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Uh-huh and there are several veteran posters on here that say that 3 times a day when these guys start posting that XYZ regional doesn't pay.

Then you have to ask how you are helping your own business by giving XYZ regional coverage in your area. This only ensures that you can't get direct because Servicelink already has coverage. It's you at half the price you should be getting.

Trot on down to your local high school business class and layout this genius get rich slow plan for the teacher and they are going to wonder if you need a drug screening?
Come on CL, why you pickin on the poor guy!
Don't you know he is the EXCEPTION!
He said it himself the OTHER guys are complete idiots!
But this guy is different, he is going to make money doing the EXACT work orders that the other guys loose money on!
OP, try searching Craig's List for P&P work, it's like printing money!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I actually read these posts and want to cry this is why this industry is going SOUTHHH. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS . WHO IN THERE RIGHT XUCKING MIND WOULD WANT TO ASK ABOUT WORKING FOR A REGIONAL.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Allure,

I for one gave up. I quit telling them. Just went past a cute little ranch today that was owned by a local fella that started PT in the P&P business and grew a little to the point he quit a decent paying job.

He lost his house. I wondered if he got the clean out on it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually read these posts and want to cry this is why this industry is going SOUTHHH. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS . WHO IN THERE RIGHT XUCKING MIND WOULD WANT TO ASK ABOUT WORKING FOR A REGIONAL.
So, I'm THE only one on this site that made nearly 100K last year working for a regional that had LPS as a client?

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Midwest,

That $100,000 (I presume is gross but hope it's not) can quickly turn to -$100,000 in the blink of an eye because in the P&P business you really have no control. If you live with a den of thieves expect to get robbed.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
So, I'm THE only one on this site that made nearly 100K last year working for a regional that had LPS as a client?

Couple of questions here. Is 100k all you want to make? How much of that did you net?

If you had it so good why don't you now? What happened to the regional you worked through?

What wannabe is trying to say is every day in this business is a day a huge chargeback could come through or a large order simply no pays.

We work for Service Link and they are at the top of my list of companies I want to terminate our relationship with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couple of questions here. Is 100k all you want to make? How much of that did you net?

If you had it so good why don't you now? What happened to the regional you worked through?

What wannabe is trying to say is every day in this business is a day a huge chargeback could come through or a large order simply no pays.

We work for Service Link and they are at the top of my list of companies I want to terminate our relationship with.
Naw, that's 100k gross but isn't bad for my first year back in this racket. I know regionals and nationals is not where it's at but it seems that my options are pretty limited where I live. The regional ran their operation like many others do. Revolving door, as soon I got in with them it felt like I already had one foot out the door. I stuck it out as long as possible and made decent money last summer alone just trimming freaking shrubs and trees.

Until I can get better work, I'd like to figure out why a company that is supposedly so bad to work with, "LPS" is very rarely discussed on here. And when mentioned, it's usually positive. I've seen first hand that you can make some decent money with them, even going through a tier 2 co.

If I'm not mistaken, either Zuse or Bigdaddy also work with LPS/SL directly. I'd like to hear what input they might have.

Sorry for the run ons, my 2 yr. old was helping me type..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come on CL, why you pickin on the poor guy!
Don't you know he is the EXCEPTION!
He said it himself the OTHER guys are complete idiots!
But this guy is different, he is going to make money doing the EXACT work orders that the other guys loose money on!
OP, try searching Craig's List for P&P work, it's like printing money!

I never implied that I'm the EXCEPTION. I'm just curious why even finding a tier 2 co. that works with LPS/SL is almost impossible. If they were that lousy, wouldn't they be recruiting like CRAZY.

LOL I don't do Craig's List but thanx for the tip.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Naw, that's 100k gross but isn't bad for my first year back in this racket. I know regionals and nationals is not where it's at but it seems that my options are pretty limited where I live. The regional ran their operation like many others do. Revolving door, as soon I got in with them it felt like I already had one foot out the door. I stuck it out as long as possible and made decent money last summer alone just trimming freaking shrubs and trees.

Until I can get better work, I'd like to figure out why a company that is supposedly so bad to work with, "LPS" is very rarely discussed on here. And when mentioned, it's usually positive. I've seen first hand that you can make some decent money with them, even going through a tier 2 co.

If I'm not mistaken, either Zuse or Bigdaddy also work with LPS/SL directly. I'd like to hear what input they might have.

Sorry for the run ons, my 2 yr. old was helping me type..
We work direct for Service Link and you answered your own question. The company you worked for last season couldn't keep it together and the company you work for this season will have the same problems. Everyone thinks they can do it different or better but the reality it's all the same system with these companies. You are in Illinois so to get with Service Link in Illinois you HAVE to take an entire zone. So say you take zone 17 in that zone you and 3 other contractors will all service the same properties but the distribution is allocated in order. Therefore you may have a property as contractor of record and one of the other contractors has the house across the street due to how they were distributed. In essence this means you both have to drive your butts off and realistically you are splitting the volume 3 ways and undercutting each other all day. This leads to crappy pricing lots of wasted time on bids and in the end crappy work.

I can go on and on about why service link sucks but the biggest reason is they change everything constantly. We have had 5 liaisons in 3 months. The pay is slow, they want you to use a mobile check in app. They keep taking and taking and we are getting nothing in return.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not Me! I think Zuse does work for SL
As for me I only work directly for the bank, realtor, or asset managing company.
Even if you did work directly for LPS or SL, you are still working for a middleman.

Most of my work is in repairs but we do a few trashouts a month.
I just did a 70 yarder this week for an asset company that my wife and I did ourselves.
Started on Monday and have about 2 or 3 hours left tomorrow.
Charged $4,200 for the trashout and $550 for the sales clean.
I had a 30 yard dumpster delivered for $550 that I stuffed and have a little left over that wouldn't fit that will go in my dump trailer.
Separated all of the metal and gave that away(put an ad on CL and it was gone in an hour) saved about 15 yards in the dumpster and about 2 tons of weight.
Gave away most of the furniture for free and sold $1,200 worth of crap on CL (fish tanks, treadmills, commercial printers, nice desk) I did this all directly from the property.
I still have tons of art to get appraised, about 75 pieces (most already have price tags between $50-$500 already!) A couple of old stain glass windows from old Philadelphia buildings with $1,800 price tags on them.

Last week we did a 20 yarder plus remove hot tub for a realtor, she said she already had a $2,500 bid so I bid $2,400 LOL. Took us a day and a half and $150 in dump fees. Gave a ton of crap away for free there too.

Do you know how many $375 initial service orders you would have to do for a regional to make what I did in 6 days?? ALLOT!

I was being facetious when I told you to go find work on CL, however I am dead serious about avoiding any regional! You may think you are doing ok but I assure you, you are NOT.

Not trying to be mean but how much did you actually put in your pocket on $100K gross?? After you figure in insurance, materials, dump fees, gas, wear and tear on equipment, etc.... I bet it's not much.

Being as you are working for 2nd tier client you need to do 2-3 times the amount of work as you would working direct to make the same profit.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Just had a conference call with them and they want 98% compliance within 2-5 days on every order. They have piled on some more crap for processing. It just keeps getting worse and worse and I told them that. Their response was "this is how it is". I then told them to come out in the field and look at what they are getting. I was told turn around is ALL that matters quality is secondary. Those were the exact words they used.

·
Damage Restoration
185 Posts
just had a conference call with them and they want 98% compliance within 2-5 days on every order. They have piled on some more crap for processing. It just keeps getting worse and worse and i told them that. Their response was "this is how it is". I then told them to come out in the field and look at what they are getting. I was told turn around is all that matters quality is secondary. Those were the exact words they used.
unfortunately i believe they are gonna get what there asking for ........

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just had a conference call with them and they want 98% compliance within 2-5 days on every order. They have piled on some more crap for processing. It just keeps getting worse and worse and I told them that. Their response was "this is how it is". I then told them to come out in the field and look at what they are getting. I was told turn around is ALL that matters quality is secondary. Those were the exact words they used.
Did you happen to discuss mobile check in?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts