REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what mcs pays for debri and hasarzds such as tires,paint etc. I have been told they don,t pay for paint and tires.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Does anyone know what mcs pays for debri and hasarzds such as tires,paint etc. I have been told they don,t pay for paint and tires.
I am not certain about MCS, but I think most nationals are now only paying for interior debris and exterior debris, NO LINE ITEM FOR HAZARDS ARE ALLOWED ANY MORE.

Bid your cubic cylinders accordingly to cover the hazards.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I am not certain about MCS, but I think most nationals are now only paying for interior debris and exterior debris, NO LINE ITEM FOR HAZARDS ARE ALLOWED ANY MORE.

Bid your cubic cylinders accordingly to cover the hazards.
I have been able to get paid for hazards by doing the following.

1st, they need to be counted as cubic yards or cubic cylinders, depending on who you are talking to.

2nd, attach a current pricing sheet from your disposal facility or landfill that clearly states the price per unit of hazard. For example $8.52 per tire or $32.50 per freon containing appliance, etc.

3rd, bid each and everyone of these line items seperately after they have been counted in your CYD count for the increased disposal cost. Example: "Additional disposal cost associated with 6 tires @ $8.52/ea. For a total of $51.12. See fee schedule for supporting documentation."

4th, upon bid approval, make damn sure your work order lists these items individually not just something like "Bid approval to remove XXXX CYD of debris. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! If the approval work order doesn't state each hazard, get a POC or you won't get paid!

While it is true that everyone is going to, or already at including the hazards in the CYD count, HUD will recognize the additional disposal cost as long as you can back them up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mcs

My dealings with MCS is that there fannie mae contracts are now required to bid all hazards by the cubic yard(cylinders is cute, I do hope she eventually woke up). In order to get more you have to submit pricing on the landfill letterhead. Just another hoop to jump through.:censored:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts