REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miken construction is a bunch of scamming fools! Left hand don't know what the right is doing. Had some good experiences with them but in the end anyone who works for them gets a telephone pole in their AZZ!!! Trust me this will go further!

·
Registered
847 Posts
They have been recruiting heavily in my area, I did a google search and found a bunch or negative things on them. Where are you located?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just do simple lock change $25.00 and they want/need/require at least 175 photos! Screw it:thumbup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Make sure to bring ladder because you have to get on roof and take photos.....Sorry I'm not a roofer, they want free inspection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yea I never understood that "while your there" inspection nonsense either.. and can someone explain to me what they do with all these pictures ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am here in Michigan! It is ridiculous things got really bad when Safeguard took over BACFS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are recruiting heavily for a reason! Its because they are not paying The contractors before you! They will brag about being a 100 mil $ company, there's a reason for that too! They are pushing AMS work giving orders with due dates of the day before then penalizing the contractor for being late! Their Prices are ridiculous!

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
WHILE YOU'RE THERE = Your time don't mean sH**

Why does everyone complete any service for free???
Your time is worth something even if it is minimum wage...
Tell them to go blow so they go away...
The sooner everyone understands that the sooner they will get lost...
Tell them no and find a company that is reputable to wotk with...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Learned that lesson a long time ago. Field Assetts called over an order for a CFK. Knocked it out on a friday but the work order was incomplete/no billable. Called the preteen in charge on monday. It was a no charge. "Why would we do anything for free?" I asked. He replied, "I don't know, but you did."

·
Registered
343 Posts
Learned that lesson a long time ago. Field Assetts called over an order for a CFK. Knocked it out on a friday but the work order was incomplete/no billable. Called the preteen in charge on monday. It was a no charge. "Why would we do anything for free?" I asked. He replied, "I don't know, but you did."

LMAO

thats funny

I say the following with the utmost respect and deference to a long time veteran of the industry

Oh the teen OWNED YOU GTX

that put a smile on my face

EVERY WORK ORDER SAYS READ YOUR WORK ORDER BEGINNING TO END , but who woulda thought that part wasnt there LMAO

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
can someone explain to me what they do with all these pictures ?

They are using all your pics for bid purposes and other inspection purposes.
And paying you for a $6 inspection.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Most of my work is maintenance. When a property is first assigned to me I inspect it and photo and report any issues. The deal is I report it on my first visit or I have to correct it for free later if I miss it.

I admit I am brutal on my inspections. I report everything that may have the slightest chance of being an issue. My current record is 234 pictures of what was not done correctly on a trashout/cleanout and inital services for a property.

Then I pester the hell out of everyone wanting to know why it has not been corrected.

Then once the original vendor is sent back I do another inspection on my next visit, again I pull no punches.

This has resulted in two things positive for me:

1 - A couple of the vendors have pulled thier heads out of thier asses and have started doing a bang up job. I really wish they would all do this so I could quit wasting time documenting stupidity.

2 - I have been weeding out the hacks and charging a premium to correct the issues which has helped alot to fill in the $$ gap caused the slower winter season for lawns.

The QA people love me. They said I give the most comprehensive and detailed reports they have ever gotten.

My coordinators love that by covering my ass I am covering their ass so they work with me more.

The realtors apparently hate my guts because my inspections make them look bad. I had one tonight go all PMS on me because I was going to board up four windows on a house to secure it correctly after she had reported it to be all good in her inspection.

Her complaint was that she reports a house to be fine and then I come along and find 100 things wrong with it.

I don't even have to nit pick - I have found the trashout vendor emptied the contents of the house into the wooded lot next door, or does a great job of trimming all of the trees and shrubs but piles all of the limbs and cuttings out of the pictures on one side of the property, or installs a combo padlock and does not set the combination to what is should be and has no clue of what it was set to so I have to cut it off. A blind guy could see these issues and I am not fixing them for free.

The truth is she sells almost all of her houses as is. Won't even authorize me to haul of appliances that do not work and are literally falling apart because she does not want to spend any money. But Fannie wants even these houses cleaned and secured and since Fannie is the client I am going to work to her standards, not a realtor who doesn't give a flip.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Most of my work is maintenance. When a property is first assigned to me I inspect it and photo and report any issues. The deal is I report it on my first visit or I have to correct it for free later if I miss it.

I admit I am brutal on my inspections. I report everything that may have the slightest chance of being an issue. My current record is 234 pictures of what was not done correctly on a trashout/cleanout and inital services for a property.

Then I pester the hell out of everyone wanting to know why it has not been corrected.

Then once the original vendor is sent back I do another inspection on my next visit, again I pull no punches.

This has resulted in two things positive for me:

1 - A couple of the vendors have pulled thier heads out of thier asses and have started doing a bang up job. I really wish they would all do this so I could quit wasting time documenting stupidity.

2 - I have been weeding out the hacks and charging a premium to correct the issues which has helped alot to fill in the $$ gap caused the slower winter season for lawns.

The QA people love me. They said I give the most comprehensive and detailed reports they have ever gotten.

My coordinators love that by covering my ass I am covering their ass so they work with me more.

The realtors apparently hate my guts because my inspections make them look bad. I had one tonight go all PMS on me because I was going to board up four windows on a house to secure it correctly after she had reported it to be all good in her inspection.

Her complaint was that she reports a house to be fine and then I come along and find 100 things wrong with it.

I don't even have to nit pick - I have found the trashout vendor emptied the contents of the house into the wooded lot next door, or does a great job of trimming all of the trees and shrubs but piles all of the limbs and cuttings out of the pictures on one side of the property, or installs a combo padlock and does not set the combination to what is should be and has no clue of what it was set to so I have to cut it off. A blind guy could see these issues and I am not fixing them for free.

The truth is she sells almost all of her houses as is. Won't even authorize me to haul of appliances that do not work and are literally falling apart because she does not want to spend any money. But Fannie wants even these houses cleaned and secured and since Fannie is the client I am going to work to her standards, not a realtor who doesn't give a flip.

Sound like the Brothers!

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Sounds like when the Realtor finally makes the complaint to Fannie you will be out of a job. Fannie takes a Realtors advise over EVERYONE. Better stroke that realtor and make her a friend and not your enemy. Seen it several times. Just saying...

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I lol'ed.

Has anyone notice a lot more orders for utility checks that involve them wanting you to meet the utility company, but are only paying a trip charge? I've been getting a lot more of them lately, some are insane. Like wanting me to meet the power company at 10:30, and then the gas company at 2:30, start up the furnace, and ICC the property in a property that is 90 miles away for a trip charge.

Or better yet they want me to negotiate with the utility company to get the services turned on. One even told me to just give the utility my info and billing and I would be reimbursed. ummm no....

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
I lol'ed.

Has anyone notice a lot more orders for utility checks that involve them wanting you to meet the utility company, but are only paying a trip charge? I've been getting a lot more of them lately, some are insane. Like wanting me to meet the power company at 10:30, and then the gas company at 2:30, start up the furnace, and ICC the property in a property that is 90 miles away for a trip charge.

Or better yet they want me to negotiate with the utility company to get the services turned on. One even told me to just give the utility my info and billing and I would be reimbursed. ummm no....
We did 1000's of utility turn-ons. Had the acct numbers to each Bank and transferred acct to the bank responsible for each home.
The contractors in the field got $50.00/hour for wait time (4 hour minimum). Most of our utility companies would give a wait window of 8-12 or 12-6pm. Some had all day wait windows. The Service Companies would always come back with "the utility company will give you a heads up call 15min before they arrive"...answer: "what if our contractor is not 15 minutes from the home?" NO ANSWER to that one..... What really Pis**d the Service Companies off is when you wait for 4 hours then get a phone call that they had a gas break and couldn't make it till the next day....STILL $50/HR FOR THAT WAIT!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts