REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright boys and girls we have an attached residence IE 2 residences shared center wall the left side is long time vacant ( over 3 years ) when we first went in 3 years ago it had the usual touch of mold in the basement bath room a square foot or so the property went away from us like they sometimes can and then reappeared like they sometimes do 3 years later, okay now what i have is a 1200 square foot mold-a-rama all walls all ceilings all interior debris . according to the various postings this unit has been passed nat to nat and regional to regional since our last visit. In my personal experience buildings with less damage have been condemed and and razed

Okay heres the question The right side unit is a Summer home they will be up shortly and have no idea whats on the other side of the wall am I duty bound as a human to notify them of the potential health risks or am I contractually bound as a P and P guy working for banks to maintain confidentiality ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright boys and girls we have an attached residence IE 2 residences shared center wall the left side is long time vacant ( over 3 years ) when we first went in 3 years ago it had the usual touch of mold in the basement bath room a square foot or so the property went away from us like they sometimes can and then reappeared like they sometimes do 3 years later, okay now what i have is a 1200 square foot mold-a-rama all walls all ceilings all interior debris . according to the various postings this unit has been passed nat to nat and regional to regional since our last visit. In my personal experience buildings with less damage have been condemed and and razed

Okay heres the question The right side unit is a Summer home they will be up shortly and have no idea whats on the other side of the wall am I duty bound as a human to notify them of the potential health risks or am I contractually bound as a P and P guy working for banks to maintain confidentiality ???
A hand written note addressed to "The homeowner who lives next door to a mold infested empty apartment" and slid under their door would probably get their attention and allow you to remain true to the human species while maintaining the immoral and unethical P&P line.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
What a great opportunity! As a restoration contractor you leave a note: "We are testing suspected contamination in the building and noticed that you have not called yet--please call 555-555-5555"

Also, the 2nd step is.... YOU could get the adjoining unit covered by their Homeowners Policy 99% of the time and all the neighbor would have to pay is the deductible which would be returned to the homeowner within a couple months. With certain alliances you would get a referral fee even if you didn't do the actual work.

Win/Win either way :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
What a great opportunity! As a restoration contractor you leave a note: "We are testing suspected contamination in the building and noticed that you have not called yet--please call 555-555-5555"

Also, the 2nd step is.... YOU could get the adjoining unit covered by their Homeowners Policy 99% of the time and all the neighbor would have to pay is the deductible which would be returned to the homeowner within a couple months. With certain alliances you would get a referral fee even if you didn't do the actual work.

Win/Win either way :)
Chasing dollars and ignores pennies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts