REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Need some advice

11K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  cover2 
#1 ·
:whistling2:Hello, my fellow PP’ERS- I have 2 questions every one today before the storm hits!
1) When you all get work orders dose your nationals require you to do everything to the property or do you get to pick and choose the services you want to do because we are with (AMS):furious: and they will not assign us property’s unless we do everything my guys don’t like doing landscaping for what AMS pays but because they want the other work they do it and when we have run into other vendors with AMS they say No they have plenty of work we want to do?
2) Now has anyone worked for A2Z we are thinking about doing work for them as well however my electrician will NOT BACK FEED a property :whistling2:but I keep telling him that is what A2Z requires us to do? He stated that he won’t do it on his license?? He says NO :censored:NO:censored: NO:furious: any suggestions?
Hey I even tried taking him out to dinner just a waste of $85.00 for crabs & beer???? Just to hear NO again:cry:?
All advice is greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Your electrician is right. End of story.

Its illegal, and your insurance company WILL NOT cover a claim if thats what you are doing and burn a house down.

DON"T DO IT!

As for A2Z, I never had any pay issues.... but they are really cheap.
You can be sure they are making a lot more on the jobs than what you are doing. As is AMS.

Reactions: Dnmceo17
#6 ·
Had lots of huffing and puffing by Nationals over backfeeding, but they know they can't force you on it. It is true regarding your liability too. We have come across property that the previous occupants had sabotaged the wiring. My guys were alert enough to catch it, but if we had been one of those who were backfeeding, they may have been seriously injured, and my insurance wouldn't have covered a thing.

A2Z? Lower than usual pay rates, clunky website, not a lot of volume for us.

#12 ·
Yes we do and My crew of 7 just wants to do clean outs and all of the other stuff inside the house and the pay is sooooo slow we have never recieved thier #1 rating we always seem to end up at tier 2 we have been working for them 4 moths and not gotten our 1st check yet? I refuse to take early pay and so now we have to wait 45 days for our pay? we did some lawns for city side in MD that paid the guys 2 time more than AMS with far less hassle in photo up load and ppr work! & we have been paid with in 2 weeks of our work order!!

#18 ·
:yes: i would love to hear from him to find out if he ever gets a tier 1 rating and how long has he been with AMS and what he dose to get paid from them!!! because we are leaving them weshould have listend to all of you guys the first time you all told us not to get mixed up in the AMS crazyness :thumbup: go head Im just waitng on "We told you soooo"":whistling2::whistling2:

#19 ·
I'm sure he'll be around soon to defend their honor. lol

One thing that benefitted him that for the most part nobody else was able to do is that he was at the right place
at the right time and fell into huge favor with all his brokers.
Kinda like a blind squirrel getting a nut once in a while type of thing.

Its not every day that you'll fall into a bucket of poo and come out smelling like a rose.

So with the brokers and the fact that he rarely had debris in his AMS houses he was able to make it work.
Where as ALL, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Fannie's I did had 20 to 40 yards.

#20 ·
Dec 09 to July 12, Tier 1 EVERY MONTH. Got a 5K bonus (less discount of course:censored:) in 09 for on time and perfect broker score. Most homes where Cash For Keys so there was no debris to speak of. Had the occasional craphole but we made it work. My accountant figures a made around a 40-45% margin on all my AMS work. I paid out between $150-$250 per house to get them clean. Being flat rate i was able to do this. We where scoring 95-100% on ALL broker QC's and if the brokers saw an issue they would call me and i would address it without AMS involved. Also did and still do get a lot of bid work direct from the brokers as i give them net 45 terms so they can get their money from Fannie Mae 1st before they have to fork out any themselves. Most "local" contractors want $$$$ when the job is done. SG's bids come in 30-40% above what i bid.

Safeguard took over now and i could not afford to do them anymore as my cleaning expense FAR outweighs what SG pays as they pay per service, not flat rate. The Brokers HATE SG as the properties no longer shine and they have nobody that is responsive at SG like AMS. SG is to automated. Homes are being winterized the day before closing! Homes are being winterized with in floor heating provided by the water heater when the brokers EXPLICITLY instruct SG to leave the heat on! Homes are still filthy as there is no money for the SG crews when there is no debris thus no incentive to do a good job. SG's sub for lawns, M&H Lands hires hacks that don't even own a weed eater. The brokers get nixed for all of SG's shortfalls yet no matter how much they bitch to SG nothing changes.

FWIW, Mowing was gravy at $75 per lawn. Every snowfall i was making $3,000-$3,500 less discount. 1 month i grossed $17,000 on snow alone with 1 subcontractor doing the in town small stuff. Will likely be getting the snow removal back as the SG crews here don't have snowplows and the lions share of properties are rural here. Can't do them with a shovel or blower. LET IT SNOW!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.