REO Property Preservation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Dec 09 to July 12, Tier 1 EVERY MONTH. Got a 5K bonus (less discount of course:censored:) in 09 for on time and perfect broker score. Most homes where Cash For Keys so there was no debris to speak of. Had the occasional craphole but we made it work. My accountant figures a made around a 40-45% margin on all my AMS work. I paid out between $150-$250 per house to get them clean. Being flat rate i was able to do this. We where scoring 95-100% on ALL broker QC's and if the brokers saw an issue they would call me and i would address it without AMS involved. Also did and still do get a lot of bid work direct from the brokers as i give them net 45 terms so they can get their money from Fannie Mae 1st before they have to fork out any themselves. Most "local" contractors want $$$$ when the job is done. SG's bids come in 30-40% above what i bid.

Safeguard took over now and i could not afford to do them anymore as my cleaning expense FAR outweighs what SG pays as they pay per service, not flat rate. The Brokers HATE SG as the properties no longer shine and they have nobody that is responsive at SG like AMS. SG is to automated. Homes are being winterized the day before closing! Homes are being winterized with in floor heating provided by the water heater when the brokers EXPLICITLY instruct SG to leave the heat on! Homes are still filthy as there is no money for the SG crews when there is no debris thus no incentive to do a good job. SG's sub for lawns, M&H Lands hires hacks that don't even own a weed eater. The brokers get nixed for all of SG's shortfalls yet no matter how much they bitch to SG nothing changes.

FWIW, Mowing was gravy at $75 per lawn. Every snowfall i was making $3,000-$3,500 less discount. 1 month i grossed $17,000 on snow alone with 1 subcontractor doing the in town small stuff. Will likely be getting the snow removal back as the SG crews here don't have snowplows and the lions share of properties are rural here. Can't do them with a shovel or blower. LET IT SNOW!!!!!!
Man, you're bossing this industry down. Is it from how you run your business or good luck? Both? I always hear good posts from you.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Man, you're bossing this industry down. Is it from how you run your business or good luck? Both? I always hear good posts from you.

Part of it comes from MANY years of running different business and educating myself on customer service, Part of it is i am in an area where there is not a lot of contractors to cover the work.....

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
You forgot to mention that you have a republican work ethic.

Republican's sign the front of their checks, democrats sign the back of their checks.

It defies the imagination that a business owner could support dem policies.
Nothing about them are designed for the working man to succeed and grow his business to the point
where he can hire more employees and support his local community by doing so.
There by helping the unemployment rate go down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dec 09 to July 12, Tier 1 EVERY MONTH. Got a 5K bonus (less discount of course:censored:) in 09 for on time and perfect broker score. Most homes where Cash For Keys so there was no debris to speak of. Had the occasional craphole but we made it work. My accountant figures a made around a 40-45% margin on all my AMS work. I paid out between $150-$250 per house to get them clean. Being flat rate i was able to do this. We where scoring 95-100% on ALL broker QC's and if the brokers saw an issue they would call me and i would address it without AMS involved. Also did and still do get a lot of bid work direct from the brokers as i give them net 45 terms so they can get their money from Fannie Mae 1st before they have to fork out any themselves. Most "local" contractors want $$$$ when the job is done. SG's bids come in 30-40% above what i bid.
:thumbsup::notworthy:

Thanks So Much M.Man, I have a whole nother respect 4 you now:thumbup:
but as far as lawns go here chester pa, de, & Md AMS only wants to pay my guys $45.00 for intial landscaping and $20.00 recuts (this is insulting) to my guys and some of the houses in DE have an acer &1/2 woorth of landscaping for $45-80 bucks "CHILD PLEASE" :furious: (thats my favorit saying!!!)
Now thats what have got to do!!!!!! Build a solid relationship with the brokers becasue they seem to be the KEY!! Safe Guard is not in DE so I wont vend with them (but I wont make the same mistake as I did with AMS)
As far as pay goes I want to grow my husbands dream bussiness, however i'm currently paying his workers/ expenses with my paycheck from my day Job " I work for the goverment" but this has got to change soon because my bills and family are truly suffering with out a income! :cry:
Thanks soo much for your advice it has truly uplifted my spirt and gave me hope again I was just about to speak with my husband about our plan B but now I wont:thumbup: this fourm is really Awwwwwsome:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

but as far as lawns go here chester pa, de, & Md AMS only wants to pay my guys $45.00 for intial landscaping and $20.00 recuts (this is insulting) to my guys and some of the houses in DE have an acer &1/2 woorth of landscaping for $45-80 bucks "CHILD PLEASE" :furious: (thats my favorit saying!!!)
Now thats what have got to do!!!!!! Build a solid relationship with the brokers becasue they seem to be the KEY!! Safe Guard is not in DE so I wont vend with them (but I wont make the same mistake as I did with AMS)
As far as pay goes I want to grow my husbands dream bussiness, however i'm currently paying his workers/ expenses with my paycheck from my day Job " I work for the goverment" but this has got to change soon because my bills and family are truly suffering with out a income! :cry:
Thanks soo much for your advice it has truly uplifted my spirt and gave me hope again I was just about to speak with my husband about our plan B but now I wont:thumbup: this fourm is really Awwwwwsome:thumbup:
Good luck to you

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Part of your issue there is vendor saturation. They couldn't get anyone here that was capable of handling the work load and we don't have cheap labor (illegals) here. They went through a LOT of vendors here. In the end there where 2 of us left and we both worked together and still do. No back stabing here..........

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Part of your issue there is vendor saturation. They couldn't get anyone here that was capable of handling the work load and we don't have cheap labor (illegals) here. They went through a LOT of vendors here. In the end there where 2 of us left and we both worked together and still do. No back stabing here..........
:thumbup: your so right and My husban & his crew are all general contractors and his bother is our electrician so they are use to making money & doing a quality job in most of the houses in the city (chester) (Philly) and MD have had NOTHING less than 40 yards of debris, MOLD, and pluming problems we have not gotten into winter yet but we do have a snow plow but right now we gott get through this NASTY storm!!! I pray evryone will be OK & I also pray we get alot of work from it !!!:thumbsup:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts