REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been doing this for about 4 months and wouldn't you know the first company i work for screws me for thousands,are there any good companies to work for,:detective:

·
Contractor
486 Posts
been doing this for about 4 months and wouldn't you know the first company i work for screws me for thousands,are there any good companies to work for,:detective:
Wipe the tears away... Introduce youself. Read and be willing to take some advice from people you don't know, but have the experience to help as they've been where you're at...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 3 kids and me and my boyfriend started this business because we knew of another person doing it and was making good money ,we dont mind the hard work at all but it seems since grass cutting seasons was over we went from 40 plus workorders to 3 or 4 aweek,and we are trying to recover from a company called make ready in nc that screwed us really bad,so is it normal for work to slow down this much ,do you know of any good companies to work for,we have been figuring things out as we go along and i must say the first 45 day were awful,but we are trying to hang in there but it has been hard

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
It sucks getting banged!!!!

But there are damn few "good" companies at this stage in the P&P game.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Your business is probably dealing with a 3rd tier scumbag (Regionals) of an out fit....
Google HUD ML-18 and your find the HUD Allowable rates of P&P work Tasks. These are the common rates used less whatever discount an outfit takes before paying you. Now these rates are just a bench-mark. REO properties are necessarily guided by these rates. Dealling with Regionals you need to keep in mind your doing the the work of HUD rates for roughly 45-50% of the as Nationals skim their take, an regional gets their's before the actual work gets to you.
You want to get to a bank direct, which is nearly impossible, but it does happen (local ones). Market to local real estate companies Get in touch with Nationals

Go to http://spiritsearch.com/finance_field_service_companies.shtml 1st cull the list for the "Nationwide" firms...

The industry has gone to hell-in a hand basket, but if your persistant an use your head you'll get the work. Get fee's an terms up front an by all means read what your getting into before you sign up with anybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts