REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sounds like a sales clean to me......

" October 12, 2012

Attn: All contractors

RE: Clarification of Broom Swept Condition for FHA loans:

Five Brothers would like to clarify the meaning of broom swept condition, as there have been several discrepancies regarding what is to be included and what this entails.

First and foremost, the definition of placing a property in broom swept condition is making the property free of dust, dirt, hazardous materials or conditions, personal belongings, and interior and exterior debris. This is to be completed any time interior or exterior debris is removed at no extra charge.

To clarify this definition:

• Countertops and hard surfaces such as appliances, sinks, and tubs should be wiped down

• Toilets are to be cleaned and the winterization refreshed

• All floors/carpets should be swept/vacuumed and free of all debris

• Appliances are to be cleaned inside and out

In the event that an appliance is excessively dirty and requires cleaning above and beyond what is normally expected, a bid may be submitted. However, photos are required to justify it can not be cleaned as part of broom swept condition.

All of the above mentioned criteria requires before, during and after photos to document this work was completed. If the proper photos are not received, this will result in a kickback.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter,
Five Brothers Management"

·
Property Preservation
883 Posts
So glad I don't work with the brothers. Only took a few jobs before they tried to talk me into being "permanent"........... they just wanted my money. lol

Told them to go ahead and give all the work to the other vendor they had "in my area". :icon_wink:

Linda

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
They tried that back in 10 when I still worked for them.

I told them the same thing, pay up or it aint happening.
Then they lied to me and told me it was HUD guidelines.
I said OK show me............. they didn't and shortly after I got the dear John letter telling me to
have a nice life, they were done with my insubordination (cliff notes version).

12-29-2010
This letter is to inform you that you have been made completely inactive for preservation with Five Brothers. This means you will no longer be receiving any preservation orders from our company. Please find the reason for your inactive status listed below.

Reason for inactive status: Excessive bidding; refusal to comply with pricing

I'm confused, aren't they the kings of bid bid bid bid bid every thing and any thing?

And then fired for refusing their pricing, doesn't sound like a independent contractor to me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They tried that back in 10 when I still worked for them.

I told them the same thing, pay up or it aint happening.
Then they lied to me and told me it was HUD guidelines.
I said OK show me............. they didn't and shortly after I got the dear John letter telling me to
have a nice life, they were done with my insubordination (cliff notes version).

I'm having fun pissing in there Wheaties. Been "insubordinate" for over a year but they can't seem to find my replacement so i just keep hammering them! They are so utter incompetent it is disgusting!!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
This sounds like a sales clean to me......

" October 12, 2012

Attn: All contractors

RE: Clarification of Broom Swept Condition for FHA loans:

Five Brothers would like to clarify the meaning of broom swept condition, as there have been several discrepancies regarding what is to be included and what this entails.

First and foremost, the definition of placing a property in broom swept condition is making the property free of dust, dirt, hazardous materials or conditions, personal belongings, and interior and exterior debris. This is to be completed any time interior or exterior debris is removed at no extra charge.

To clarify this definition:

• Countertops and hard surfaces such as appliances, sinks, and tubs should be wiped down
  • Toilets are to be cleaned and the winterization refreshed
  • All floors/carpets should be swept/vacuumed and free of all debris
  • Appliances are to be cleaned inside and out

In the event that an appliance is excessively dirty and requires cleaning above and beyond what is normally expected, a bid may be submitted. However, photos are required to justify it can not be cleaned as part of broom swept condition.

All of the above mentioned criteria requires before, during and after photos to document this work was completed. If the proper photos are not received, this will result in a kickback.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter,
Five Brothers Management"
This is exactly a sales clean!!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
You stole this letter out of my drawer!

12-29-2010

Quote:
This letter is to inform you that you have been made completely inactive for preservation with Five Brothers. This means you will no longer be receiving any preservation orders from our company. Please find the reason for your inactive status listed below.

Reason for inactive status: Excessive bidding; refusal to comply with pricing

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
LOL, I went back and found it in my email archives.

·
Motivator
267 Posts
I just put them on IGNORE.....

Hello,

Reason for inactive status: due to no contact.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
That sounds like a sales clean to me.

Broom swept to me means I walked through the property with a leaf blower and blew all of the loose crap out the door.

we HATE sales cleans and don't offer them as a service.

·
Property Preservation
883 Posts
I just put them on IGNORE.....

Hello,

Reason for inactive status: due to no contact.
You guys must be pretty special.:yes: I've never received a deactivation letter from 5B. Maybe they're keeping their options open. lol

Linda

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
That letter doesn't stop them from ringing your phones off the hook three weeks later when their teets are in the ringer. :help:

It's about the same as "Double Secret Probation".

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

That basically is a cliff notes version of what our sales clean contract says. Honestly I am the type of person that will fight tooth and nail to find a profitable way to do just about any job, and for the most part I always can. But sales cleans are one that you just cant innovate your way through. All the right equipment and technique is still not a substitute for elbow grease. I have always considered a sales clean profit neutral at best and a major loss at worst, but they are a necessary evil.

Once had a realtor go into a crap house that the plumbing and electrical (yes including the outlets and breaker box) had been stolen in a neighborhood that I won't go into unless I'm carrying. She ran her finger across the door jamb and found some dust and looked at us and said "this is why this place isn't selling". Then she bitched about how the walls were still greasy, even after I showed her that if you so much as rubbed them with your thumb the plaster started falling off. She seemed to think we should just knock off the loose plaster and repair it as part of the sales clean.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That basically is a cliff notes version of what our sales clean contract says. Honestly I am the type of person that will fight tooth and nail to find a profitable way to do just about any job, and for the most part I always can. But sales cleans are one that you just cant innovate your way through. All the right equipment and technique is still not a substitute for elbow grease. I have always considered a sales clean profit neutral at best and a major loss at worst, but they are a necessary evil.

Once had a realtor go into a crap house that the plumbing and electrical (yes including the outlets and breaker box) had been stolen in a neighborhood that I won't go into unless I'm carrying. She ran her finger across the door jamb and found some dust and looked at us and said "this is why this place isn't selling". Then she bitched about how the walls were still greasy, even after I showed her that if you so much as rubbed them with your thumb the plaster started falling off. She seemed to think we should just knock off the loose plaster and repair it as part of the sales clean.

I have rarely loose $$$ on a sales clean but all of ours are on a flat rate with debris, lawn, wint Etc. Out of 3 dozen HUD's this year, (Montana has a VERY low volume) NONE had more than a yard of debris but we still got $690 flat rate, NO DISCOUNT. We also get 95-100% QC scores from brokers and 3rd party. a LOT of my luck with brokers is i REFUSE to tow the National party line and take the brokers side. The broker is almost always BCC'ed on any correspondence with Nationals so they see my end of the deal. After all i have to live in this valley and after this foreclosure mess is over, the brokers will be my bread and butter. This is the reason Screwguard is not doing so well here. They have no social skills when it comes to the brokers and they tow the National Party Line no matter how it affects the brokers.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
You guys must be pretty special.:yes: I've never received a deactivation letter from 5B. Maybe they're keeping their options open. lol

Linda

I never made it past there part time list. They only call me when it's a BS job. I went a bid a couple then just started telling them no.

·
Motivator
267 Posts
Man, isn't that the truth. Same day as receiving the heeve-ho letter I was getting calls. Wish I could figure out how to block calls from a particular area code... Would save me the hassle of having to hit the little ignore button on the top of my phone.
Made the mistake of answering my phone this past Fri eve @ 9p.m. asking if I would go and handle putting out a little "fire". Kindly told them that they have been terminated.

That letter doesn't stop them from ringing your phones off the hook three weeks later when their teets are in the ringer. :help:

It's about the same as "Double Secret Probation".

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
9PM?????????????????

Good grief!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts