REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get an approved work order today! Only problem is I never been to this property! bottom of order it says Contractor started on job ,but wasn`t able to complete! The approved work order is for around $700! Look on companies web site (can`t name) to see if any photos are upload that I can look at! Look at photo and am thinking why would someone bid so low? there looks to be over 120 CYD and int. lawn, sale clean, ect ! I go to said property to get my updated photos for a bid(one way doing for approved price). Get to property looks like maybe a trailer load has been removed!

here`s what I`m thinking happen! A new guy bid this and has no clue on how to bid! After loading his trailer with one load, he sees his mistake and jumps ship!

I see no way he could have made any money on his bid! even if he did all the work his self

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
That is why you got the work order...had no clue what he got into or he died on the job....

I would ask though that you be allowed to submit a bid and not have to honor his...

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
No way I'm honoring another guy's bid!!!!

ESPECIALLY if I'm not making money on it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have had that a few times where they send me an approval for a property I did not bid. I never accept it without going to the property first.
If it is good then we will do the work otherwise submit a new bid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a bid approval where they wanted a roof repair done for $600.00 (contractor no longer worked for them). On paper it looked like good money 2SQ. Got to the property and noticed the shingles, sheeting, and trusses needed repaired. Called Rep and learned someone else put a bid for 2300 and the bank dropped it to 600.00. Needless to say I got it for 2200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts