REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for Contractors in NM and AR to do HPIR inspections, if anyone is available or has any references, please let me know!

-Rob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda sorta, dont really have much time to cruise around here during the day. Only a few minutes here and there. Ill check now.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
If you are looking for folks to do HPIRs you need to know what they involve and what you are asking them to do. Backfeeding a service panel is considered highly dangerous, against many municipality/utility regs and in some cases illegal.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Normally nationals have a policy of don't ask don't tell when it comes to local regs and illegal activities.

Backfeeding for example............ has been illegal for years in most places.
Hasn't stopped them from requiring it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that backfeeding is involved in the HPIR, i just havent looked into your thread and gotten that far into it. Im going thru it now.

-Rob

·
Registered
688 Posts
Back feeding Its illegal in my state SC and its illegal in new NM,your EO will Drop you lock a hot rock if they catch you doing it.Not sure about AR tho.

·
Registered
69 Posts
if backfeeding a home is illegal, why do we argue over it on a message board. who do we contact in the individual state to know what companies are not only teaching it but making it a requirement to have unlicensed companies do this type of work. If it is illegal I am sure someone will step up and stop it. knowing that these companies are accepting filled out reports without a certified person doing it makes them just as guilty... if its illegal

ps - i won't backfeed a home (didn't look to see if it was illegal) just the risk wasn't worth it...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Haven't read any arguing. A little discussion and questions. Who and how do you expect someone to stop a sub from backfeeding a system? Forget that it may or may not be against code or laws; as of today, if Joe Blow or his help were to backfeed the first house they go to this morning, and for whatever reason it catches fire and burns down, or his sub or the utility guy on the pole is electrocuted, how do you think your insurance company will respond? How about the company that sent you the order? I think I hear crickets...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts