REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! I am so frustrated working for free. I did some surfing and came across this forum. I am hoping for some answers as to how the banks get away with paying so little, when we work so hard. I feel like they are surviving by the money contractors put out before the job even starts. I am not paid for an average of 60 days, then when they do pay, the check is lost in the mail!
Is this a scam they are running?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Scam yes.

And without MAJOR money for lawyers.......... you are pretty much at their mercy for the most part.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
I am hoping for some answers as to how the banks get away with paying so little
Banks usually pay VERY well & FAST, in my experience. Are you working directly for banks? I doubt it.

Depending on who your client actually is, it very well may be a scam.

Reactions: JDRM

·
Partisan Member
47 Posts
hello! I am so frustrated working for free. I did some surfing and came across this forum. I am hoping for some answers as to how the banks get away with paying so little, when we work so hard. I feel like they are surviving by the money contractors put out before the job even starts. I am not paid for an average of 60 days, then when they do pay, the check is lost in the mail!
Welcome.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
tshay, sorry to hear about your experiences so far. I imagine you are referring to Regional and/or Nationals that you are having a problem with; I have not contracted with any banks yet that took 60 days to pay an invoice. Most banks actually pay decent rates for what they want done; it is the middleman companies that squeeze out all of the juice from the orange. The "lost in the mail" scam is an old one but suprisingly still works. It is used from the lowest bottom feeding regional to the Nationals such as FAS and SAafeguard. Had an account manager tell me once, that if the check was lost in the mail they could issue a stop on the check for 5% of the invoice or I could just keep waiting, up to 60 days. If you let them, they will treat you like you just got off the short bus.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Use your common sense... Spell out what you want to do...find the companies that fit your work style. If you have questions, ask them. If a client doesn't answer them or is vague in their operations or payment, lose them.
60 day payment terms is not acceptable in the contracting world. Standard is NET 30, if they can't do that... move on.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts