REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
New Buffalo Remodeling
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I own my own remodeling business and decided to make the jump into preservation work. I teamed up with a company in Syracuse. They say theyll send me work orders then ill go to the foreclosed home, change locks, board windows and make any inspections for additional work. All is documented with photos including completed work then emailed back to the property service company. Any comments or tips you guys can give me would be great. Im always nervous about working for someone I never got to meet in person. They are 2 hours away from my business. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
343 Posts
go up by them and go on the road with one of there crews to see what they want and how they do it spend a day or two ,, its completely uncommon to never meet who you work for in this industry

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
go up by them and go on the road with one of there crews to see what they want and how they do it spend a day or two ,, its completely uncommon to never meet who you work for in this industry
Not uncommon at all on this side of the river. I've worked for more than a few companies off & on over the past 4 years & have never met anyone face to face.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not uncommon at all on this side of the river. I've worked for more than a few companies off & on over the past 4 years & have never met anyone face to face

oops my bad typo and bad eyes i find it VERY UNCOMMON to meet any one

·
Registered
121 Posts
I personally have had great outcomes with a partner I have never met, I was a little nervous at first but it all worked out great. Just remember, document all work done, save all pictures and copies of invoices.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all. I own my own remodeling business and decided to make the jump into preservation work. I teamed up with a company in Syracuse. They say theyll send me work orders then ill go to the foreclosed home, change locks, board windows and make any inspections for additional work. All is documented with photos including completed work then emailed back to the property service company. Any comments or tips you guys can give me would be great. Im always nervous about working for someone I never got to meet in person. They are 2 hours away from my business. Thanks guys!
I would also suggest doing a forum search using the company name as well. It'll help you weed out some of the bad apples that send work but little or no pay, or ones notorious for bogus chargebacks that cost YOU money, etc.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good Luck. Better do a name search or ask around here about who your thinking about hooking up with. There are a couple of companys around Syracuse that are BAD news. I wouldn't jump in with both feet until you do some homework!!

·
New Buffalo Remodeling
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was going to come right out and name the company but I don't really want to go throwing them under the bus just yet. I did do a name search and nothing popped up. They're either a fly by night company or people aren't having any problems with them. Are there any out there you could warn me of off the top of your head from the Syracuse area? My reputation in the professional world means everything to me and I would hate to have that ruined. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
847 Posts
I was going to come right out and name the company but I don't really want to go throwing them under the bus just yet. I did do a name search and nothing popped up. They're either a fly by night company or people aren't having any problems with them. Are there any out there you could warn me of off the top of your head from the Syracuse area? My reputation in the professional world means everything to me and I would hate to have that ruined. Thanks guys!
Inbox the name of company, I will see if I can find anything and forward.

·
Handyman & Preservations
5 Posts
I know this is an old post, and I'm a newbie, but I'm having a terrible time with a company we did work for. Ever hear of Historic Preservations, LLC out of Tampa?

·
Registered
34 Posts
bad news

I've been scammed by Steward Construction from Tenn./N.C area aka James Steward. Also has several other alias.Works with a lady name Sandy, Shelia,? also has been involved with different alias and companys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

I'm on my journey into pp & I need some pro advice from you guys & gals, I'm looking for a new compressor because I'm afraid my current one won't be able to pull it off, my question is.

The max size of house I would do is a 3 story / 3 family townhouse, what kind of cubic ft pumpin compressor should I set my eyes on? I'm on a mean budget but I do want to make the right decision and investment here, I might have the work lined up and I will be going after it as well, this is something I have my sights on, I joined this business and I'm not turning back, I already made some fantastic decisions thanks to the wonderful advice if my peers on PT.com,

So what kind of money should I be spending here! Should I dare set foot in Harbor Break Tools? Or go to HD or Lowes?

Any advice is well appreciated!
Thanks all!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi All,

I'm on my journey into pp & I need some pro advice from you guys & gals, I'm looking for a new compressor because I'm afraid my current one won't be able to pull it off, my question is.

The max size of house I would do is a 3 story / 3 family townhouse, what kind of cubic ft pumpin compressor should I set my eyes on? I'm on a mean budget but I do want to make the right decision and investment here, I might have the work lined up and I will be going after it as well, this is something I have my sights on, I joined this business and I'm not turning back, I already made some fantastic decisions thanks to the wonderful advice if my peers on PT.com,

So what kind of money should I be spending here! Should I dare set foot in Harbor Break Tools? Or go to HD or Lowes?

Any advice is well appreciated!
Thanks all!
I looked everywhere locally which included Tractor Supply, home depot, lowes, and harbor freight. I started with a harbor freight one and it lasted me 3 years, the only reason I replaced it is because I wanted something bigger and more powerful to make the process faster. I ended up buying a 10 gallon one from harbor freight as my second. It performs at 5.1scfm at 90psi which was the highest in the size that I was looking for and for the price I couldn't beat it. Ended up costing $130. I mean a gas one is the best you can buy, but just too expensive and unnecessary. I've done houses 5k sq ft with no problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you! That was excellent information & btw I love HF, and I'm going to purchase one very very very soon l, first I'll cross reference it. Also, a gas option would be great but since the generator factor is there it does kind of defeat the purpose, I'll keep you updated! You are awesome!

·
Registered
457 Posts
generator is great also, that's why I never bought a gas compressor. I usually drain the water heater into the sump pit and power the sump pump at the same time to make draining that much easier. Worst thing is having to push water up 10ft out a basement window.

·
Registered
127 Posts
generator is great also, that's why I never bought a gas compressor. I usually drain the water heater into the sump pit and power the sump pump at the same time to make draining that much easier. Worst thing is having to push water up 10ft out a basement window.
Let us all know when you flood a basement from that jackassary.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts