REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am kinda new to the property preservation game. made a few 3 pointers.. can any one tell me which national companies i should apply for? that are in need? also,did ams get the fannie mae account for michigan? they say "they dont know when fannie mae will drop the houses?" its been 8 days now? should i worry?

·
Registered
580 Posts
jay_steve said:
hello, i am kinda new to the property preservation game. made a few 3 pointers.. can any one tell me which national companies i should apply for? that are in need? also,did ams get the fannie mae account for michigan? they say "they dont know when fannie mae will drop the houses?" its been 8 days now? should i worry?
Seriously. Spend five minutes and research this forum, you will find all the answers you ask. This is why I hate 99% of you people on this site. You come on here and expect someone to just give you the magical answers. If you want a business to work do the legwork yourself.
In regards to Fannie AMS does not have the contract in MI. I would call Fannie directly and ask them for your vendor ID. Good luck in your business venture, you will need it.

G

·
OK, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the purpose of these forums were so people could share ideas, advise, expertise, experiences and maybe even a helping hand along the way. I sure hope that most of the people that use this forum is not as sour as you!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Munegi said:
OK, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the purpose of these forums were so people could share ideas, advise, expertise, experiences and maybe even a helping hand along the way. I sure hope that most of the people that use this forum is not as sour as you!
No intro no nothing. Guys first post is basically I know nothing give me all the answers.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Munegi said:

It does get old after a while to have folks sign up and start asking questions when from all appearances it looks like they've not read any of the pages and pages and pages of things here that answer the questions they asked.

For example the AMS in MI question the guy asked. I am certain the answers hes looking for are on the first page of the P&P forum. Its been a hot topic the last two weeks. His questions read like probably some one that has been just recruited from craigslist and is under the illusion that the business is a fat pig waiting to be slaughtered and the money trucked into his bank account. Nothing could be farther than the truth.

P&P is a tough business and is getting tougher every day. If newbs can't handle it here they'll never handle a national or regional.

·
Registered
580 Posts
BPWY said:
It does get old after a while to have folks sign up and start asking questions when from all appearances it looks like they've not read any of the pages and pages and pages of things here that answer the questions they asked.

For example the AMS in MI question the guy asked. I am certain the answers hes looking for are on the first page of the P&P forum. Its been a hot topic the last two weeks. His questions read like probably some one that has been just recruited from craigslist and is under the illusion that the business is a fat pig waiting to be slaughtered and the money trucked into his bank account. Nothing could be farther than the truth.

P&P is a tough business and is getting tougher every day. If newbs can't handle it here they'll never handle a national or regional.
I knew I would have at least one supporter.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
BPWY said:

Well said.

G

·
well, i apologize if i didnt walk in to the dojo and bow for respect.... i was a truck driver for 14 years,and not once did some new guy get treated for this?!!! "hey whats the best route to memphis from detroit?" no one ever came back like that?! it was just a simple,and respectable question? i didnt ask for my hand to be held? i just asked for directions?! yes,i am a newbie,but i get the impression that you are a little too competitive? why wouldnt you want to help someone? your company isnt big enough to handle everything? i apologize if i offended any one out there. next time, post instructions on how to walk up to the crowd. no one likes having a punch thrown at them. not even if you can kick ass.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
jay_steve said:
well, i apologize if i didnt walk in to the dojo and bow for respect.... i was a truck driver for 14 years,and not once did some new guy get treated for this?!!! "hey whats the best route to memphis from detroit?" no one ever came back like that?! it was just a simple,and respectable question? i didnt ask for my hand to be held? i just asked for directions?! yes,i am a newbie,but i get the impression that you are a little too competitive? why wouldnt you want to help someone? your company isnt big enough to handle everything? i apologize if i offended any one out there. next time, post instructions on how to walk up to the crowd. no one likes having a punch thrown at them. not even if you can kick ass.
Would you prefer to sit down with us in a circle of bean bags, burn incense and sing kumbaya?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
jay_steve said:

The answers you seek are in front of you. Read, read and read some more in the P&P section.

After you spend an hour or many more reading whats already here feel free to ask away.

The blanket questions that get asked is where the push back comes from.

As for being a driver, you must have been a slower learner than I was. lol
I did a 7 year sentence. Been off the road for over 3 years now. I enjoyed most of my time driving but am very happy to be off the road now. Especially with all the new and totally F-ed up DOT regs.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Would you prefer to sit down with us in a circle of bean bags, burn incense and sing kumbaya?

I thought you were in a caring mood......................

Must have been a fleeting moment of lucidity????? :laughing:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
BPWY said:
I thought you were in a caring mood......................

Must have been a fleeting moment of lucidity????? :laughing:
Does my comment make me seem like I don't care? I really do care. I was just about to ask him how does this make him feel and how does my comments make him feel. And then what we can do together to ensure I don't hurt his sensitive feelings again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
jay_steve said:
There is a difference between asking for directions and what you did. When you became a truck driver did you walk up to a guy in a big rig and say hey who do you work for who pays the best give me free advice because I don't want to read up on the industry I want to work in.
If your upset and offended by my comment you are in for a world of hurt dealing with a national, even worse if a regional. They will chew you up and spit you out. You won't make it for 30-45 to even see your first paycheck. Take my harsh words as a reality of what this industry is like and what you will deal with on a daily basis.

G

·
Jay, it looks like you and I came from a background that at least had a resemblance of depth, respect, intellect, and compassion. Here it seems that the stereotypical 'construction contractors' personalities have emerged with presumptive insolence.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Munegi said:
Jay, it looks like you and I came from a background that at least had a resemblance of depth, respect, intellect, and compassion. Here it seems that the stereotypical 'construction contractors' personalities have emerged with presumptive insolence.

Good lord.

Great way to get the help you are looking for.

This begs the question, since you are so refined why are you hanging out at contractor sites? And joining the industry?

G

·
Somebody has to step up and change the perception. So if I was a brand new person wanting information and direction in this industry (which I am, if you would read my profile), and start off by reading this thread, OMG, I would think what a bunch of Aholes, full of themselves, that 'hate newbies' because they didn't ask the right questions, or read the whole forum first. Are you guys really serious? How about referring a 'newbie' to the appropriate threads or discussions and welcoming him/her to this forum. That would be my approach.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Munegi said:
Somebody has to step up and change the perception. So if I was a brand new person wanting information and direction in this industry (which I am, if you would read my profile), and start off by reading this thread, OMG, I would think what a bunch of Aholes, full of themselves, that 'hate newbies' because they didn't ask the right questions, or read the whole forum first. Are you guys really serious? How about referring a 'newbie' to the appropriate threads or discussions and welcoming him/her to this forum. That would be my approach.
Do you really think that going on here and posting that you want free advice and all of the keys to start your own business and just expect everything to be handed to you so you can bank the good money? Give me a break. You are just as lost as the OP. With your the world is good and let's all work together crap to all make money in Preservation you will also get eaten alive in this industry. Most people on here think I am a complete d&$k and I understand why. In reality though I am being brutally honest and just may be giving you some good advice.

G

·
Thanks anyway, I'll find someone else to accept advice from. It appears that you need this forum to feed your ego so you can 'school' people on how much you make on your lawn cutting jobs.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts