REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just joined today. I am looking forward to get helpful tips from people who have been in business in Property Preservation. Any tips are appreciated to the max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the property preservation side of the business but not new to the financial side. Since no one answered you my suggestion is to make sure you vet the people you are going to work with. Try to work with a direct lender or real estate reo professional so you do not wind up working for a subcontractor of a subcontractor of a subcontractor. Keep meticulous notes, hold on to your pictures , receipts and invoices for later proof if you are not paid or a question comes up regarding the job. Save these for the requested number of years in case of a charge back.( find out all charge back rules in advance, get them in writing) I am happy to say I never received a chargeback in all my life and I do not intend on getting one. Also make sure the people you work with have as much skin in the game as you do, your name and all the responsibility that goes with it is on the door. Most people dive head first into business when technically they should be working with a mentor. There is a lot to learn about the inner workings of finance, REO and property preservation (also construction) and you cant learn it by reading a book. Also remember where there is smoke there is fire, reputation is everything, some companies have atrocious records. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts