REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But first I have to fix it.

2010 F150 XLT with 8600 miles. Someone dropped a cigarette in the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I hope you are able to get the smell out of it.

Other wise nice find.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am trying to locate a professional detailer that has had experience with fire damage. Otherwise I'll try to vac and steam clean it myself. It's still salvage title, going now to find a seat and seat belt so it can pass inspection to register i

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Our very own forum friend Fremont might be able to help you.

F

·
0 Posts
I can get that smoke out in 1-2 days. Not a problem. Drop me a p.m. and I'll drop by my smoke removal machine while working in ankeny for the next few days. No charge for CT guys/gals. Your electric though :)

Steam cleaning I might have to charge machine time but the smell not a problem.

F

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't put an ozone machine in it (myself). Cracks plastics (hard to see for a couple months than things start spliting) and hard on electronics (wiring).

We use a VaporShark with a SOS membrane. Non-toxic and works great.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Look around for a totaled one. Pick it up, use to parts you need, sell the driveline and your parts will be paid for. Done this a few times and always have came out ahead......

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome Fremont that sounds great I appreciate it. I found a full set of seats, front and rear for 500. Also found for panel online for 240. Local place had one but didn't match. still need seat belt and headliner.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Headliner
Ford Truck F150 4DR,GRY/TAN,SUPER CAB A 19568 $250 Fox Auto Parts USA-MI(Belleville) Request_Quote 1-800-851-3277 EXT 2

S

·
0 Posts
SwiftRes said:
Yeah I am trying to locate a professional detailer that has had experience with fire damage. Otherwise I'll try to vac and steam clean it myself. It's still salvage title, going now to find a seat and seat belt so it can pass inspection to register i
hope u got a deal on ,should give u alot of service. find interior parts souldn`t be hard to find.:thumbup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it for $15.9k. Not a bad deal I don't think for 8600 miles. Maybe put $1000-$1200 in it. Only downside is that it's only 2WD but I don't plan on plowing with it or anything.

Comparable truck with 35k miles, but is 4x4 is going for $25-26k locally. Original purchase agreement was in glove box from almost exactly two years ago, $33k.

mtmtnmn, that's not a bad price. I wonder how much it'd cost to ship something like a headliner. I'm going to pull it out today and try taking it to an upholstery shop on Monday and see if they can re-cover it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I use that site quite a bit. Unfortunately I'm a city boy and my now 4 vehicles and 3 trailers already has my drive pretty full. In the process of looking for a place with a little more room to grow. :thumbup:

mtmtnman said:
Swift, I flip vehicles all the time. I also keep a parts truck (from a repo) of the same vintage of what i drive in my backlot. If there's something i don't have o go here. www.car-part.com

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interior is now stripped down, seats, headliner, door panels out. All parts on order except for headliner and will be here this week. Odor is currently being resolved thanks to a loaner VaporShark from Fremont. Hopefully can get it inspected and on the road next week!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
SwiftRes said:
Interior is now stripped down, seats, headliner, door panels out. All parts on order except for headliner and will be here this week. Odor is currently being resolved thanks to a loaner VaporShark from Fremont. Hopefully can get it inspected and on the road next week!

Y'all got truck inspection out there now????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No no. It's currently salvage title, not prior salvage title, so have to have a $30 inspection by local PD for it to be properly registered and road-worthy.

mtmtnman said:
Y'all got truck inspection out there now????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts