REO Property Preservation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Easy answer..... multiple dumpsters required for the job.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Easy answer..... multiple dumpsters required for the job.
That would still mean he was using 8 dumpsters per job. Also, even if he took 40 hours to clean that house and most likely only 8 max worse case then he still made around $14.50 per hour. When I was a child my dad owned a cleaning business and they did this stuff all the time but on a person to person basis and could empty and entire house splitting garbage, packing things up in boxes and putting them on the truck in a few hours. Again, I just want to state that I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just trying to lay things out for people. I haven't read anything where it showed Safeguard intentionally did something to benefit themselves by screwing over the sub. It mostly seems like all the complaints are from people who messed up a job, didn't meet Safeguards strict regulations or think they deserve more money.

Safeguard or any company is in the same position we are. They have to prove and meet these standards. They will not get paid if they do not. Secondly if they set the standard at 100% job done most contractors will do 80% maybe 90% of the job. That's expected. So they have these high standards for proof to make sure they get the job done properly the first time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
first off

"Safeguard or any company is in the same position we are. They have to prove and meet these standards. They will not get paid if they do not. Secondly if they set the standard at 100% job done most contractors will do 80% maybe 90% of the job. That's expected. So they have these high standards for proof to make sure they get the job done properly the first time. "

if this is how you feel are you the 80 percent guy or the 90 percent guy ?

currently we go the five 9s of service rule 0.99999 correct

180 a dumpster ? where do they put it ? in a river ?
currently we pay 300 to 400 a pull for a 30 and outta pocket on the weight which is sitting @ 85 per ton county facility and up to 135 per ton private WMS, Royal etc
40s have a tendency to clip over head lines in inner city settings so are hard to use or get but go for 325 400 a pull same deal on weight

hours are based on man hours IE 5 guys 8 hours = 40 dont forget travel we all get paid to look out the window

dare we digress
i think the key thing you missed is i was charged back 150 for a bottle of cleaner on a counter , true thats a pic screwup , is it worth 150? no , did the client enjoy that discount ? i doubt it

did you read my earlier love letter about safeguard sending us on an initial secure /wint where the building had been sold , new owner arrived , followed by the PO PO
then safeguard deleted the WO like it never happened
thats the one i wished that jason got kissed on the brown eye by the cancer god

the point of my original rant/ recollection of the o so heady times of my tenure with safeguard was and still is they are a bunch of nickle and dimeing mother Fers , i do not begrudge them the money they make , so much as how they do it
read back there is ALWAYS a charge back for big ticket WOs at least one line item is kicked back or massaged out of shape

and in retrospect i recant my wishes for ass cancer on jason
but if he **** his pants in public id want full before during and after pics and a 9 page PCR ( pants condition report ) as well as fully qualified bids from licensed triply insured dry cleaners who names us as also insured with 2 mil in e and o ins , full documentation on absolutely everything he ate ,,,,,,,,,,,

we will need 100 pics min on this
it pays 25.00
itsa rush

ya know what best of luck and godspeed

but if you , in 90 days posted a thread " top ten reason safeguard ruined the cosmos " i wouldnt be surprised

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
What companies would you recommend then? Who do you work with now? If not safeguard, then who? Is anyone doing the right thing?

If you find one I'd keep the name to yourself. Because EVERY BODY will want to work for a reasonable and honest company.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
What companies would you recommend then? Who do you work with now? If not safeguard, then who? Is anyone doing the right thing?
I don't recommend anyone; I just relate experiences.

Your a nex gen preservation contractor; you need to start working for these companies so the newbs behind you will have someone in the know.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
If you think Safeguard is OK..........Give Lamco a try :whistling2:

DISCLAIMER: READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN FIND IN THIS FORUM BEFORE SIGNING UP

In all seriousness, IMHO it isn't about the companies that you, me or any of the rest of us work for. It is more about the relationships you build and the type of work you perform. Think about that last sentence and how it relates to almost every post from the likes of GTX63, BPWY, MTNMTMAN, FREMONT REO (by the way where is Fremont did he stay at CT?) and numerous others

In terms of relationships, meet and know who your brokers are. Give them courtesy calls when being sent to a property. When you wint a house that is closing tomorrow, and you will, if you talk with the broker about servicing the property, you open the door to dewint the house for that broker. Talk with neighbors. I've gotten a few private party grass cuts when mowing foreclosures. They will pay as much or more and you don't have to wait 30-60 days to get paid.

As for the type of work. DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN THE P&P BASKET and don't put all your eggs in one clients basket. I do little P&P work anymore. I am now doing FNMA and FMAC repairs and rehab. The photos required are much less and the broker walks through the house and signs off so you get paid. No BS of photos don't justify. This is in addition to my private customers I work for. Others here work directly for brokers. Others are lawncare and landscape companies, etc.

Money can be made in P&P. It comes down to perspective and risk versus reward. I much rather spend three days roofing then 14 days straight mowing grass. My family sees me more and it is more profitable. Plus it gives me more down time to post here :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Thank you Brad, for the kind words and the great advice!

Fremont stayed at CT but the man behind the curtain is still here.
The name has been changed to protect the guilty.

Reactions: BRADSConst

·
Registered
343 Posts
there is no good one there is no bad one ( so to speak ) our model here has changed in that we work for as many companies as we can in a tight zip code range. we dont do the 100 mile long by 100 mile wide deal and we dont limit ourselves to just one company

i have been known to photograph posting from regionals and nationals on properties and call them tell them who i am what i do elaborate that im a local this is my " backyard", i call the brokers who leave cards and ask after REO services when on the road and i spy another contractor i stop and chat offer a work share to keep our workers working and keep us more local to our home base and them the same
it used to be how much i made those days are over now its how cost effectively i can do the job

with the work share i got going with two others we cover 4 to counties but never cross one anothers path and we dont follow each other leap frogging if you will

we branch out and reach out and sell our product if your doing lawns talk to the neighbor ask who does there lawn are they happy tell them your there every two weeks if they want there lawn done and it fits your circle come once a week. we have taken over entire cul de sacs this way for all intents and purposes we are SUPER handy men ( and some women ) we know at the very least the basics of every system you can encounter in a home so sell that at inhabited buildings

be ready to cut a company away from your business model if they dont serve you i have about three houses i have been too for multiple companies safeguard BE Mcaffery etc they players will cut you dont doubt it

do not get taken advantage of try to get an RVM you can talk to and gravitate to them when you have to or have issues

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Thank you Brad, for the kind words and the great advice!

Fremont stayed at CT but the man behind the curtain is still here.
The name has been changed to protect the guilty.
BPWY or "new" Fremont. Please PM me on how to get in touch. A while back on CT there was an offer in a thread to help take our skills to a new level. I'd love to pick you brain on mold and water remediation. I've looked for classes to take on becoming certified but I haven't found anything for WI. I also wouldn't mind knowing how you got a $2500 roof tarp job that took 4 hours:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I'll make sure he sees your request.

Reactions: BRADSConst

·
Banned
76 Posts
If you think Safeguard is OK..........Give Lamco a try :whistling2:

DISCLAIMER: READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN FIND IN THIS FORUM BEFORE SIGNING UP

In all seriousness, IMHO it isn't about the companies that you, me or any of the rest of us work for. It is more about the relationships you build and the type of work you perform. Think about that last sentence and how it relates to almost every post from the likes of GTX63, BPWY, MTNMTMAN, FREMONT REO (by the way where is Fremont did he stay at CT?) and numerous others

In terms of relationships, meet and know who your brokers are. Give them courtesy calls when being sent to a property. When you wint a house that is closing tomorrow, and you will, if you talk with the broker about servicing the property, you open the door to dewint the house for that broker. Talk with neighbors. I've gotten a few private party grass cuts when mowing foreclosures. They will pay as much or more and you don't have to wait 30-60 days to get paid.

As for the type of work. DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN THE P&P BASKET and don't put all your eggs in one clients basket. I do little P&P work anymore. I am now doing FNMA and FMAC repairs and rehab. The photos required are much less and the broker walks through the house and signs off so you get paid. No BS of photos don't justify. This is in addition to my private customers I work for. Others here work directly for brokers. Others are lawncare and landscape companies, etc.

Money can be made in P&P. It comes down to perspective and risk versus reward. I much rather spend three days roofing then 14 days straight mowing grass. My family sees me more and it is more profitable. Plus it gives me more down time to post here :clap:
This is excellent advice. I was thinking about doing almost exclusively grass cuts during that season. 20 cuts a day on normal sized lawns with a good path between properties seems doable. Just spoke to Safeguard and they send out checks weekly still so it it's just like any normal job where you get paid this week for the work you did last week, etc.

Does anyone know of that company that had the women head, she worked I think in the midwest and she was a regular on one of these forums. Contractor talk or something? She was recruiting a lot of people and I think had an excellent business going but I lost the emails from her.

Was about 2-3 years ago. I think she got her start doing mostly pools. They had a brown website IIRC. Seems like if they're still around I would love to work for them again since they've done this and know the troubles.

·
Banned
76 Posts
there is no good one there is no bad one ( so to speak ) our model here has changed in that we work for as many companies as we can in a tight zip code range. we dont do the 100 mile long by 100 mile wide deal and we dont limit ourselves to just one company

i have been known to photograph posting from regionals and nationals on properties and call them tell them who i am what i do elaborate that im a local this is my " backyard", i call the brokers who leave cards and ask after REO services when on the road and i spy another contractor i stop and chat offer a work share to keep our workers working and keep us more local to our home base and them the same
it used to be how much i made those days are over now its how cost effectively i can do the job

with the work share i got going with two others we cover 4 to counties but never cross one anothers path and we dont follow each other leap frogging if you will

we branch out and reach out and sell our product if your doing lawns talk to the neighbor ask who does there lawn are they happy tell them your there every two weeks if they want there lawn done and it fits your circle come once a week. we have taken over entire cul de sacs this way for all intents and purposes we are SUPER handy men ( and some women ) we know at the very least the basics of every system you can encounter in a home so sell that at inhabited buildings

be ready to cut a company away from your business model if they dont serve you i have about three houses i have been too for multiple companies safeguard BE Mcaffery etc they players will cut you dont doubt it

do not get taken advantage of try to get an RVM you can talk to and gravitate to them when you have to or have issues
You just said Mccaffrey, are you located in Upstate NY? I was working for the business known as them before. The worse crooks I've ever dealt with. I had some friends working internally there too and one of the girls was telling me he would make her cry and others cry constantly while telling them to lie about pictures, etc.

They tried to get me to redesign and recode their website to match mine at the time because I had a custom interface set up to make my subcontractors quick in accepting jobs without me emailing them, etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You just said Mccaffrey, are you located in Upstate NY? I was working for the business known as them before. The worse crooks I've ever dealt with. I had some friends working internally there too and one of the girls was telling me he would make her cry and others cry constantly while telling them to lie about pictures, etc.

They tried to get me to redesign and recode their website to match mine at the time because I had a custom interface set up to make my subcontractors quick in accepting jobs without me emailing them, etc.

would you mean imperial and yes they came and went like the wind

asked me to do unsavory things etc etc

i actually spoke with mike

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
i think the key thing you missed is i was charged back 150 for a bottle of cleaner on a counter , true thats a pic screwup , is it worth 150? no , did the client enjoy that discount ? i doubt it

Backwell- "Safeguard or any company is in the same position we are. They have to prove and meet these standards. They will not get paid if they do not. "

Just a FYI example for the underinformed.

My pal Louie has 15 rental houses that are sitting empty and are junk. I tell Louie that if he'll pay me 5K per house, up front, I'll get them rent ready and in marketable condition in 30 days. He cuts me a check and goes home. I figure it'll take 3k per house to do the job. I hire Manuel and Shemp to bid the work. I tell them since I'm giving them a bulk order I want a kickback. Then if they don't do the work exactly as I say (or not) I'm not paying them.

a. They don't pocket your money and then bill the client; they bid a contract, got paid, and then pocketed your money.

b. They made their money before you even showed up. Anything else they can whittle off the stick is sugar.

Not all Nationals are the same, some are worse.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts