REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I own a home renovation company and business has gotten slow. He was contacted a few months ago by H.I.V.E. REO wanting to offer us work. We decided to give it a shot. Long story short we ended up loosing more money than we put it due to their shady business practices. In doing research we found out what they did is common in this industry. We decided to give it another shot since we know more of the ends and outs. We started working with a company called Freeholdworks. They were worse than the first but since we did better research we didn't loose money. They thought they could with hold payment on one workorder until we did the next and so on. They would also send us pictures that we had sent them as before pictures saying that an inspector sent them the pictures and we lied and didn't do the work. Lastly they wanted us to winterization a home with a disgusting cracked toilet of course that didn't happen. We only did 3 properties for them they were all going on at the same time. Since we weren't dumb enough to let them take advantage of us they told us we would be blacklisted, is there such a thing? We have filled out several vendors apps, the companies tell us how much work they have in our area and they can start us immediately so I send in all the paperwork, and them we never hear from them again. Should we have notified MSI, Fifth Third and Midwest of their practices? On the MSI home they would not allow us to completely secure it, there is an unsecured doggy door. The Fifth Thrid property was the one with the dirty cracked toilet and the MSI clearly had damaged pipes that they wanted us to say we winterize anyway. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My husband and I own a home renovation company and business has gotten slow. He was contacted a few months ago by H.I.V.E. REO wanting to offer us work. We decided to give it a shot. Long story short we ended up loosing more money than we put it due to their shady business practices. In doing research we found out what they did is common in this industry. We decided to give it another shot since we know more of the ends and outs. We started working with a company called Freeholdworks. They were worse than the first but since we did better research we didn't loose money. They thought they could with hold payment on one workorder until we did the next and so on. They would also send us pictures that we had sent them as before pictures saying that an inspector sent them the pictures and we lied and didn't do the work. Lastly they wanted us to winterization a home with a disgusting cracked toilet of course that didn't happen. We only did 3 properties for them they were all going on at the same time. Since we weren't dumb enough to let them take advantage of us they told us we would be blacklisted, is there such a thing? We have filled out several vendors apps, the companies tell us how much work they have in our area and they can start us immediately so I send in all the paperwork, and them we never hear from them again. Should we have notified MSI, Fifth Third and Midwest of their practices? On the MSI home they would not allow us to completely secure it, there is an unsecured doggy door. The Fifth Thrid property was the one with the dirty cracked toilet and the MSI clearly had damaged pipes that they wanted us to say we winterize anyway. Sorry for the long post.
There is a whole slew of preservation companies referred to as "regionals" They are super shady and don't pay their subcontractors. HIVE REO, Freeholdworks, Skite REO, AA Field Services, Impressive, Elite, Elegant, I could go on but you get the idea, they are all linked together and will scam you out of money. They will ask you to lie, edit photos, dump debris from house to house. I have been in the preservation for over 14 years and can tell you if you want to work in this field it's best to work directly for the national companies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HIVE REO broke into my house, hired by an agent of the mortgage company. Long story but, I have not been officially evicted. They helped themselves to about $3600 worth of my property - mostly tools and equipment that could be easily sold. Of course the agency that hired them has denied my claim because "they said they didn't take anything". Well of course they said that. If they aren't paying their employees and contractors, I can see why they might want to help themselves to a homeowner's property. Everyone agrees they had no right to steal my property, they just of course don't admit they did it. I don't know what recourse I have at this point, but I'll be contacting an attorney. A civil suit is possible, but even if I win, good luck collecting. These companies are vultures. If Hive Reo's contractor/employees did not steal my stuff, they let someone into the house who did. That much is certain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts