REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this...

PLEASE SUBMIT BIDS TO BOARD ALL FIRST FLOOR WINDOWS AND DOORS.
IF WINDOWS ARE CURRENTLY BOARDED, PLEASE SUBMIT A BID TO REMOVE THE BOARDING, REGLAZE THE WINDOW THEN REBOARD.
ALL INTACT WINDOWS SHOULD BE BOARDED OVER.
PLEASE SUBMIT BIDS TO BOARD ALL DOORS AS WELL. 1 SECURITY DOOR SHOULD BE INSTALLED TO GAIN ACCESS.

Sounds like it could make some money if it's done right, only thing I see is if window sashs that have been painted shut. Don't like the $0.80 per UI though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Anyone heard of this...

PLEASE SUBMIT BIDS TO BOARD ALL FIRST FLOOR WINDOWS AND DOORS.
IF WINDOWS ARE CURRENTLY BOARDED, PLEASE SUBMIT A BID TO REMOVE THE BOARDING, REGLAZE THE WINDOW THEN REBOARD.
ALL INTACT WINDOWS SHOULD BE BOARDED OVER.
PLEASE SUBMIT BIDS TO BOARD ALL DOORS AS WELL. 1 SECURITY DOOR SHOULD BE INSTALLED TO GAIN ACCESS.

Sounds like it could make some money if it's done right, only thing I see is if window sashs that have been painted shut. Don't like the $0.80 per UI though.

I do not like doing board ups(pays not good enough). And whats up with this reglazing windows, maybe 5% of the homes I do have these kind of windows. The rest have to be replaced!

·
Registered
694 Posts
IMHO boarding pays pretty well, depending on the company and how many middlemen, of course. $0.90/UI is reasonable I think. A bit of a pain to lug around plywood. I do not like reglazing, but 75% of the houses we do(or at least ones with broken windows) are easy single pane. You can get vinyl windows reglazed but way more $$.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I do not like doing board ups(pays not good enough). And whats up with this reglazing windows, maybe 5% of the homes I do have these kind of windows. The rest have to be replaced!
Wow I bet 90% of the houses I do have single pane windows. I'm just not sure how you would reglaze and then reboard. Do I break the new window? Because you know they aren't going to pay unless you bolt board it properly (actually got charged back last year because the contractor used a 2x6 instead of a 2x4)

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like something you'd do in a high vandal area. Is property in a high vandal area?
I think your right on the vandal area thing... an like Starbaby indicated you don't make nearly enough at the eighty cents a U.I. So it'll be the re-glazing where it'll have to be made up.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Go price your lumber, plywood and hardware.

Then tell them that you can't break even at their price and heres your bid.
Unless you need the work and want the hobby factor I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Go price your lumber, plywood and hardware.

Then tell them that you can't break even at their price and heres your bid.
Unless you need the work and want the hobby factor I wouldn't do it.
Has anyone noticed the huge increase in the price of lumber since Obama created hurricane sandy with his weathers machines? Jk. Since hurricane sandy prices of lumber out here has shot through the roof!!!!!!! We're talking almost $11 more per sheet. 2x4's almost doubled. Can my Obama EBT be used at Home Depot or just strip clubs?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I saw a $1 per sheet of OSB jump over night at sLowes.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
We can't make money bolt boarding for assett companies. That is a good question though as to how your supposed to reglaze a window and then bolt board thru it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone noticed the huge increase in the price of lumber since Obama created hurricane sandy with his weathers machines? Jk. Since hurricane sandy prices of lumber out here has shot through the roof!!!!!!! We're talking almost $11 more per sheet. 2x4's almost doubled. Can my Obama EBT be used at Home Depot or just strip clubs?

Almost died laughing!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Plywood shot up here over the summer, I needed some 3/4 back in like July and it was $38 a sheet

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you get those EBT cards... could use one.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
had to get three sheets of OSB today 10.65 a sheet a few weeks back it was 7.25!

10 days ago it was over 12 at lowes here.

·
Registered
616 Posts
We can't make money bolt boarding for assett companies. That is a good question though as to how your supposed to reglaze a window and then bolt board thru it?
HUD is the only bolting that I know have NEVER in 16 years herd of FHA bolting guidelines. The cards WORK at strip clubs and liquor stores too

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
I have a special drill bit that I use to drill the hole before I do the reglaze then it's no problem....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
My barber has scissors that he uses to cut only grey hair for an extra charge. Made by the same company.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
My barber has scissors that he uses to cut only grey hair for an extra charge. Made by the same company.
I'm so lucky I have not had to have mine use them on me yet!!!!!!!!!!

Actuall I do have bits to drill glass...they start at about $35 for an1/8" hole...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts