REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another CL ad. Wonder what the hours are like for that big salary?

Growing Local Property Preservation Company looking to hire a few full time crew members that are honest, hard working individuals to assist in performing jobs on forclosed / vacant homes. The position is full time with weekly salary. Must be able to start immediatly.

Some of the duties of this position are to help assist with:

- Lock Changes
- Debris Removal
- General Home Maintenance
- Complete Lawn Care and Snowplowing
- Carpentry Repairs
- Home Cleanings
- Home Winterizations

REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:

-MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE PRESERVATION FIELD
-Must have valid drivers license
-Must have a reliable vehicle
-Good customer service skills
-Honest and trustworthy
-Willing to work weekends
Compensation: $300.00 starting weekly salary plus monthly bonuses. Room to grow
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Min wage for "experienced" help................... W O W.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is absolutely insane. Min wage to do a WNTZ on a house and trouble shoot plumbing or min wage to flip burgers. Hmmmm which is easier?
This industry really is turning into a joke. I can only image what the industry will be like 5 years from now.
Min wage for "experienced" help................... W O W.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this IF handled properly. We stared employees at a base salary + a % bonus weekly. What is the hard part is paying for the employee for driving their own vehicle..usually mileage at $.48 mile.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Here is another CL ad. Wonder what the hours are like for that big salary?

Growing Local Property Preservation Company looking to hire a few full time crew members that are honest, hard working individuals to assist in performing jobs on forclosed / vacant homes. The position is full time with weekly salary. Must be able to start immediatly.

REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:

-MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE PRESERVATION FIELD
-Must have valid drivers license
-Must have a reliable vehicle
-Good customer service skills
-Honest and trustworthy
-Willing to work weekends
Compensation: $300.00 starting weekly salary plus monthly bonuses. Room to grow
Unless the hours a really low, this screams contact the IRS/EEOC or whatever the HE!! Obama Czar polices this for violating minimum wage laws:whistling2:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless the hours a really low, this screams contact the IRS/EEOC or whatever the HE!! Obama Czar polices this for violating minimum wage laws:whistling2:
Don't forget you also need to be willing to work weekends too. Even if you get a percentage it needs to be pretty high if your removing debris at $10.00 a cube, WNTZ for $40.00, recuts $5.00.

·
Property Preservation
883 Posts
This is probably LESS than minimum wage, if you think about it. Anyone here get everything done in 8 hours a day so they don't have any carryover into the next morning? With big jobs being the exception, of course.

This one says $300/week salary. And I think most of us know what "salary" entails............ locked into an agreed upon rate, regardless of the hours you have to work for it.:(

Linda

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure I get what your saying? I am a salaried position with a 1099 and I am expected to work certain hours, although no bonuses lol
As an independant contractor, you set your own hours. You offer bids for work to be done, maintain your own equipment and offices, and are completely independant. You are allowed to solicit work from anyone you choose, and usually, are paid on a per job basis. If you are salaried and expected to work certain hours, chances are your employer is blurring the lines between what constitutes a contractor and an employee. if you really cared, you could report them to the IRS, as it's technically the government being cheated. (You are also missing out on some benefits/etc.)

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-%28Self-Employed%29-or-Employee%3F

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do take days off when I need to. I do also pay self employment taxes.. So I dont really feel like an employee? But I see what your saying.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Sounds like your happy where and how you are. Never hurts to be informed however if there should ever come a time when you are not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like your happy where and how you are. Never hurts to be informed however if there should ever come a time when you are not.

I am happy! I like what I do.. But I like how you worded that! It is always good to be informed. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I do take days off when I need to. I do also pay self employment taxes.. So I dont really feel like an employee? But I see what your saying.

Those two things by themselves don't make a legit 1099 situation.

The IRS is pretty clear on what is and isn't a legit 1099 arraignment.
But a whole lot of people like to blur the lines, friends and family of mine included.
As an employer the penalties when you get caught ARE NOT worth it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
That is absolutely insane. Min wage to do a WNTZ on a house and trouble shoot plumbing or min wage to flip burgers. Hmmmm which is easier?
This industry really is turning into a joke. I can only image what the industry will be like 5 years from now.
I predict all repos are going HUD beginning of 2013 Just seems like that is the direction with Sentinel and other nationals taking on HUD contracts

"LOOK AT THINGS WITH A HEALTHY DOSE OF SKEPTICISM"

·
Contractor
486 Posts
Judging by the solicitation posting, they aren't hiring 1099's. And if they are, they are doing it illegally. A weekly salary with expectations and bonuses is an "employee."

Soumds like a Help Wanted -Employee Ad to me... at roughly 60 hours week--say 10 hours a day six days a week

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah...

i actually work for the company that posted this ad and as of lately i have started to question how things are operating there and questioning our pay. we are expected to work 6 days a week starting at 7:30 every morning and we often dont get back to the shop till at least 5pm. we get paid 300 a week or $50 a day, so if you take a day off your check is $50 less. the bonuses described in the ad are bonuses that we recieve from scrap metal and monthly qc bonuses. we are employees not contracters but i am starting to realize that they may not pay us as "employees." i have only been working there for a couple months and the money just isnt there. i am begining to get frustrated by the fact that when it comes down to it we get payed for 6 days work, on average at least an 8 hour day. at 50 a day for 8 hours work we get payed $6.25 an hour, well below the minimum wage, and thats also for a 48 hour work week. and all that is assuming we work till 3:30 every day, which we often work later than that.
they are hiring employees, not contractors.
how would i go about addressing this issue with them?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
how would i go about addressing this issue with them?

I can promise you you'll get no where when trying to address this with your employer.
They don't care, if they did care they wouldn't do this to their employees.

Take your last 3 time cards to the state labor board. They'll fix this for you.

In the mean time start looking for another job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
time

I can promise you you'll get no where when trying to address this with your employer.
They don't care, if they did care they wouldn't do this to their employees.

Take your last 3 time cards to the state labor board. They'll fix this for you.

In the mean time start looking for another job.
we dont have actual time cards, we show up in the morning and get back when we get back. for the first couple months we got payed with personal checks and now we get payed with checks out of an expense account. no pay stub or anything

1 - 20 of 25 Posts