REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Property Preservation Software help?

15K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  tomfors 
#1 ·
I am new to the preservation industry and have been searching for a good software to use. Any suggestions on what I need to get started? Not sure what features or functions I need? There are so many available in the industry. Best price? Any help is appreciated!

#5 ·
If not accounting software, are you looking for work management software?

Years ago when volume was a threat, we used software to handle our incoming & outgoing WO's - I believe it was something offered by East Point Systems at that time, I don't really remember. As I recall it worked OK but as volume started to dwindle in the industry, we decided the cost of the software was no longer worth the few advantages it could offer over simply using our existing office personnel.
I really doubt any of the offered programs would be worth the expense for a P&P business just getting started today.

Just out of curiosity, what area of the country do you plan to cover & how many WO's are you expecting to complete per week?

#6 ·
I was looking for more info a total package software with work order management, accounting and subcontractor tracking and assignment. I found a few so far called Property Pres Wizard and EZ Inspections, but not sure if they are worth the cost. I plan on completing around 100 jobs a month to start next month in PA. .25 to $1.00 charge per work order does not seem that costly per their sites, but I want to make sure the program actually provides features that will benefit me since I will not have an office staff to help. Does anyone know if their programs are easy to use and when I have bid or complete a work order does it give me options to do this without issues like forms or communication tools? It seems like both companies promise the world like most companies I am reading about.

Thanks for the replies and any additional advice is appreciated.

#7 ·
what type of jobs are the 100? are 20 of the "jobs" mandatory free bids? In an industry that you have control over what you bill $.25-$1.00 would probably be reasonable, but in an industry that pays you $75 on a $100 job to start with, penalizes you $10 because you took a photo at an angle, and another $5 because only 3 of your fingers where on the shovel when you took your "during" work photo, you are already at $60, not figuring any overhead you will loan that $60 to the company for 90 days, interest free waiting for your check, while you are paying interest on the CC you used for job expenses, $.25 to $1.00 will be a large part of your profit on the job.

#14 ·
I would like to counter signal you there. They were great when US Best was big and you were able to send results directly through to them, but over time we experienced some issues using them and had to move off of it.

I have no good solution right now. Just bringing up my experience.

#16 ·
Update - Is Software Needed?

I am new to the preservation industry and have been searching for a good software to use. Any suggestions on what I need to get started? Not sure what features or functions I need? There are so many available in the industry. Best price? Any help is appreciated!
You know there are so many software programs available in the industry and because all preservation companies operate differently, it may be a good idea to determine your goals and objectives are.

Are you going to Sub-Contract everything

OR

Do the work yourself?

The Price is Relative.

Assume you invoice 10 jobs a day without software, while using software helps you invoice 20 jobs a day.

Basic Accounting: Illustration Purposes Only.

10 jobs x $100.00 = $1,000.00
- Software Cost = $0.00
Grand Total - $1,000

20 jobs x $100.00 = $2,000.00
Software Cost = $150.00
Grand Total - $1850.00

What are those additional 10 jobs worth to you?

Determine your process, and then see if the software fits your business process - VS - looking for the software you can fit around.

#19 ·
Your Answer

to get started, an organized email account (with labels) will do the trick. preferably google due to the mass amount of data it will hold. (you'll want to record everything) (screen image everything too). IE: your back office, bids you place, record everything.

you can add screen capture extensions on both chrome and firefox.

as far as accounting- you may want to hire someone, or search google for accounting software.

It's good your looking for answers, you may want start as minimally as possible and add things as you go along and "need them"... otherwise you can go purchase 100 things and only realize you need 10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.