REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay lets say we do a bundle job @ 500.00 for an REO all us old dogs know what that entails its gotta be one day, min trash, 2 guys max and kinda local

then Update and invoice which triggers the " Independent " inspection service to QC the work , clear the WO and send completion to accounting to get into the 60 day Q for payment

Conspiracy Time

If you were an owner of a nat or regional would you be tempted to fail every second or third QC do a partial charge back lets say 50.00 to the GC and then bonus the " Independent " inspection service guy say 10.00 which effectively adds 30 percent to his end making a 20.00 insp a 30.00 insp for being awesome and knowing his job and keeping those thieving bastard contractors on there toes high fiveing all the way etc etc

okay At 50.00 bux its not worth us going back, its going to cost us 30.00 to go back ...So we call it good eat a little crow @ 450.00 we made money declining market yadda yadda

so get a Nat with 10,000 orders in one week doing it to 3 percent of the WOs well s**t son thats quite a hunk o cheddar

It got me thinking when i read a brother here posted that the top of a water heater was dusty and failing QC for it

i mean no one here believes that certain supply companies and insurance companies arent safe or guarded by a parent company or one that has " interest " in its performance and profitability do they ??:whistling2:

okay putting the tinfoil hat back on these voices are killing me

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
I do believe that is the stuff that happens when companies are traded on the NYSE...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its called "performance bonuses" to the QC guys/gals. Happens with every company.

to me its a collusional bonus they ram price cuts down our throats and QC up our backsides makes me feel like the guest of honor at a pig roast

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
to me its a collusional bonus they ram price cuts down our throats and QC up our backsides makes me feel like the guest of honor at a pig roast
This is why they like to separate contractors and inspectors from each other. Most inspectors don't know what your work order requirements are. They're given a task and are to be objective. Fannie REO's are the worst.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
This would be an issue much easier to deal with with a group...
any way anyone can show any "proff"??? cuz if there was...that would be collusion in it's finest....

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
What you need Cleanupman is a recording of a in-house meeting of Dept Managers to VP of strategy meetings of "how to screw the contractors more". Ive heard a recorded meeting of a Nationals meeting BUT couldnt get a copy...it was "off the record" & came from a trusted Director of a National that got fed up and quit. I always wondered.......

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Dust on the water heaterDust furnace and/or ductwork. Cobwebs in the basement windows.Surface rust on basement wash tub faucet.Creaking/possibly weak or rotted deck steps.Discolored oven door (burned)Wino on his way down the sidewalk tosses his 40 into the frt yard the day before the QC guy arrives, bang, $15.Highschoolers sit on the front steps after class eating Mickey Ds and throwing their trash down when they are done, bang, $15.There isn't enough time in the day for the moronic lists of items we used to get charged or sent back for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts