REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do most of you QC your own contractors work or do you hire a 3rd party? If so what do you pay the 3rd party per house?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
On new hires, I walk thru the larger jobs myself and compare what the photos they took look like with the real thing. Smaller jobs I may have a maintenance guy swing by during his day and do a walk thru. If you pay your guys by the day just include them in their routes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As we cover two states, it's not really feasible to go myself or send a direct employee. The best way we have found is to have contractors go after each other. We try to keep at least two contractors in every area, and we will alternate sending them to a property if possible. in this way, we can tell when one is slacking off. This last grasscut season we caught a few people only cutting enough to get their pictures taken, and leaving the corners full of grass. Crews are always looking to find something wrong with the 'other guy,' so you'll use them more.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
When you decide to exit this godforesaken business hire a couple realtors to inspect your completed workorders for the last 2-3 months. When the Service Company starts the chargeback routine you have independent proof that YOU were excersising due deligence with the maintenance of properties. That my friends is worth a million $$ when the litigation starts :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
same game

As we cover two states, it's not really feasible to go myself or send a direct employee. The best way we have found is to have contractors go after each other. We try to keep at least two contractors in every area, and we will alternate sending them to a property if possible. in this way, we can tell when one is slacking off. This last grasscut season we caught a few people only cutting enough to get their pictures taken, and leaving the corners full of grass. Crews are always looking to find something wrong with the 'other guy,' so you'll use them more.

Pretty much what the companies do to us ,, divide and conquer keeps us at each others throats isnt this forum for us to come together become a united front to help us make a living? no offense teapot if we all got along and didnt cut one anothers throats we wouldnt be in this decline !!!

3 yrs ago my dollar investment returned 30 to 40 cents now its more like 10 to 15 cents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts