REO Property Preservation Forum banner

re-cuts

7832 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  mtmtnman
What are you guys seeing for re-cuts? 10 ~ 15k I been hearing 14 ~25...
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
What are you guys seeing for re-cuts? 10 ~ 15k I been hearing 14 ~25...
I've SEEN lower than that!
I can't fathom any scenario where anyone would accept those prices though. Well, anyone with a legitamite business anyway. Even at $25 I don't see it!
For me, $45 recuts, minimum, or the equipment stays in the shop. Been that way for 4 years now and still flooded with work. It's out there, you just have to dig through alot of other 'stuff' to find it sometimes.
All I can say is, don't do it for $25. Just say no. It's bleeding the industry dry and screwing everybody, when someone accepts work for cheap.

But, it'll take a major effort by everyone to make a change happen.
we used to buried with recuts here in CT, but last two years we have next to none-heck I am going into June with only 5 so far, not enough to keep me busy let alone 3 crews.:(
I Have seen my recuts numbers decrease also. Last year I had around 90 recut every two weeks. this year I only have about 40. I refuse to do them for less than last years ,all my costs have went up not down.
I have figured in the past if a employee dosen`t make at least $300 I’m going in the hole(his pay,gas,insurance,maintain,ect.) you see it is hard to make that at $25 and $35 recuts. most they normally do in a day is seven or eight yards.(ps I know than this can be done in a day in a big city ,with mall yards that close to each other. but where I`m at this doesn`t happen very often)
We have 160 new orders today and not one recut less than $30.00 and i think this is too low.
$65 for most of mine that size. a couple $45
Lot of cancellations this summer due to no rain and no growth.
Lot of cancellations this summer due to no rain and no growth.

In the past the word to me was cut regardless of growth.

Whats changed for 2012?
In the past the word to me was cut regardless of growth.

Whats changed for 2012?
CoreLogic just changed to a "unable to report as limited growth" policy this season.
Did a property early this spring that had absolutely NO growth, only compacted dirt. Reported it as nothing to cut, and got a "return to property" order. Went back a week later and found 2 blades of grass against the foundation, took a before pic and plucked them with my fingers (during pic), then an after pic. Submitted a "completed" grass cut, and got paid.:rolleyes:
Idiots

Thats hilarious.
CoreLogic just changed to a "unable to report as limited growth" policy this season.
Did a property early this spring that had absolutely NO growth, only compacted dirt. Reported it as nothing to cut, and got a "return to property" order. Went back a week later and found 2 blades of grass against the foundation, took a before pic and plucked them with my fingers (during pic), then an after pic. Submitted a "completed" grass cut, and got paid.:rolleyes:

It's VERY obvious to me the banks NEVER see the photos......................
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.