REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
What are you guys seeing for re-cuts? 10 ~ 15k I been hearing 14 ~25...
I've SEEN lower than that!
I can't fathom any scenario where anyone would accept those prices though. Well, anyone with a legitamite business anyway. Even at $25 I don't see it!
For me, $45 recuts, minimum, or the equipment stays in the shop. Been that way for 4 years now and still flooded with work. It's out there, you just have to dig through alot of other 'stuff' to find it sometimes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
All I can say is, don't do it for $25. Just say no. It's bleeding the industry dry and screwing everybody, when someone accepts work for cheap.

But, it'll take a major effort by everyone to make a change happen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
we used to buried with recuts here in CT, but last two years we have next to none-heck I am going into June with only 5 so far, not enough to keep me busy let alone 3 crews.:(

·
Registered
681 Posts
I Have seen my recuts numbers decrease also. Last year I had around 90 recut every two weeks. this year I only have about 40. I refuse to do them for less than last years ,all my costs have went up not down.
I have figured in the past if a employee dosen`t make at least $300 I’m going in the hole(his pay,gas,insurance,maintain,ect.) you see it is hard to make that at $25 and $35 recuts. most they normally do in a day is seven or eight yards.(ps I know than this can be done in a day in a big city ,with mall yards that close to each other. but where I`m at this doesn`t happen very often)

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Lot of cancellations this summer due to no rain and no growth.

In the past the word to me was cut regardless of growth.

Whats changed for 2012?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
In the past the word to me was cut regardless of growth.

Whats changed for 2012?
CoreLogic just changed to a "unable to report as limited growth" policy this season.
Did a property early this spring that had absolutely NO growth, only compacted dirt. Reported it as nothing to cut, and got a "return to property" order. Went back a week later and found 2 blades of grass against the foundation, took a before pic and plucked them with my fingers (during pic), then an after pic. Submitted a "completed" grass cut, and got paid.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Idiots

Thats hilarious.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
CoreLogic just changed to a "unable to report as limited growth" policy this season.
Did a property early this spring that had absolutely NO growth, only compacted dirt. Reported it as nothing to cut, and got a "return to property" order. Went back a week later and found 2 blades of grass against the foundation, took a before pic and plucked them with my fingers (during pic), then an after pic. Submitted a "completed" grass cut, and got paid.:rolleyes:

It's VERY obvious to me the banks NEVER see the photos......................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts