REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I don't remove hazards because I'm not a licensed transporter but I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of doing it with all the thread AMS gives me. They say if I don't remove them then they will deactivate me.

I feel like It is hard to find the correct info on whether or not we can remove even small amounts legally according to California laws.

Ams want to pay only $4 to remove a gallon of hazards and chemical removals companies charge $10 a gallon to remove so I'm not seeing the logic in that. And the last time I was at my local household hazardous waste facility taking stuff from my own house I asked how much it is to drop off for a business it is $5 a gallon to remove.

Can someone help me in showing me where this action is illegal and what I can do to safeguard myself?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Ask the hazard facility for a copy of the rules.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Find and get a copy of your state regs also. Then find a long pair of rubber gloves. Hop on a plane. Walk into thier office,tell them to bend over that you have a delivery to make

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
Hello all,

I don't remove hazards because I'm not a licensed transporter but I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of doing it with all the thread AMS gives me. They say if I don't remove them then they will deactivate me.

I feel like It is hard to find the correct info on whether or not we can remove even small amounts legally according to California laws.

Ams want to pay only $4 to remove a gallon of hazards and chemical removals companies charge $10 a gallon to remove so I'm not seeing the logic in that. And the last time I was at my local household hazardous waste facility taking stuff from my own house I asked how much it is to drop off for a business it is $5 a gallon to remove.

Can someone help me in showing me where this action is illegal and what I can do to safeguard myself?

Thank you
You need to show them the law...they will not go to jail and pay your fines when you get arrested.....it is ILLEGAL in CA if you are not properly licensed....Do not let any company tell you you have to do something...

If you have any written documentation please get it to me we are compiling issues of Contractors being ordered to do things like this....
[email protected] Hazard Removal in the subjectline...

Reactions: Valley

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do not remove a thing. Paint and other hazards need to be removed by a licensed hazmat vendor in CA. Even Safeguard knows that. I know you really do not want to but soon it will be time for you to tell AMS to hit the road. I did it last year and never looked back.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do not remove a thing. Paint and other hazards need to be removed by a licensed hazmat vendor in CA. Even Safeguard knows that. I know you really do not want to but soon it will be time for you to tell AMS to hit the road. I did it last year and never looked back.
I'm pretty much with you on that. I'm really tired of their crap. The same house has about 5 cubic yards of concrete and I told them I'm not touching it because of all the concrete. And they have still been emailing me everyday for two weeks saying it is extremely past due and I need to complete or they will reassign it. Based on the first time they said they would reassign it well that was over a week ago. I'll remove it for $1000 plus the cost of the debris box on the property - that's my special rate for them.

They honestly think if they ignore you long enough you will just complete these jobs, might work on some people but not me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts