REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rumor mill

Any truth that SG is now going after Wells Fargo? or did I miss that memo. If true hell they will have 60-70% of the market

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Its funny how this business is in bed with each other.

MCS has offices inside the WFHM hdq in Des Moines and they send the P&P work out to all different Service Companies AND keep a % for themselves. SG has been getting WF work for many years.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The problem with SG is the HOURS upon HOURS of uploading. what takes 10 minutes with any other company takes an hour plus with SG. Photos on site take 2x as long as well. Progressive load photos suck! If you miss one of your progressive shots your screwed for the whole load. It seems as though they are "adjusting" around 40-50% of all invoices so now you have to "dispute" them. More wasted time. By the time your done with all the paperwork it's just as profitable to work for a regional where you zip your photos up, fill out a PCR and send it in even though the discount is more. Let them deal with all the BS. I have a family to spend time with. I do VERY little for my friend and his wife deals with all the uploads but she is at the end of her rope with THE BS as well.............

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
This was one of the subjects at our last meet and greet.
One of the contractors there...
I get the work directly from the agent(realtor)...
Check with the realtors in your areas...this, a lot of us are hoping, may the way this shake out in the upcoming years...
There is a lot of scuttlebutt going around that the banks are tired of the "failed" experiement with the nationals and may go back to handling things locally in house...just scuttlebut, nothing confirmed at this time...
Except of course that the contractor at our meet is working on Wells Fargo PP properties through a local agent...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nationals are here to stay..Its all about liability issues now.A whole cottage industry has been built around the nationals,their here to stay.

Its the regionals that are in trouble they cant sub the work-out at current prices,plus the fact banks LIABILITY go way up from crappy work,thief,kickbacks,unpaid contractors.Just because its the flavor of the month doesn't mean it will last,but it will leave a trail of scorched earth behind it.

WF will not migrate over to SG,not gonna happen.

·
Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
The problem with SG is the HOURS upon HOURS of uploading. what takes 10 minutes with any other company takes an hour plus with SG. Photos on site take 2x as long as well. Progressive load photos suck! If you miss one of your progressive shots your screwed for the whole load. It seems as though they are "adjusting" around 40-50% of all invoices so now you have to "dispute" them. More wasted time. By the time your done with all the paperwork it's just as profitable to work for a regional where you zip your photos up, fill out a PCR and send it in even though the discount is more. Let them deal with all the BS. I have a family to spend time with. I do VERY little for my friend and his wife deals with all the uploads but she is at the end of her rope with THE BS as well.............

I hear this from every one doing work with them.
If everyone has the same bitch why the hell does everyone work for the subpar fees and allow SG to beat them up on administrative time...
By not putting your foot down you are essentially saying your time is not worth anything...
One of the first rules in business is "Pay Yourself"...when you don't...well look at all the SG vendors...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
People are putting their feet down, one in front of the other, and walking away from them. However, there are plenty of new guys out there willing to take their shots with companies like Safeguard because...they think they know and can do better. Because they really don't know any better, you'll be reading their comments on this forum shortly.

·
Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
People are putting their feet down, one in front of the other, and walking away from them. However, there are plenty of new guys out there willing to take their shots with companies like Safeguard because...they think they know and can do better. Because they really don't know any better, you'll be reading their comments on this forum shortly.

BOY HOWDY!!!!!

We do not have a high population density here, maybe 7 to the sq mi...Vegas on the other hand is about 800
They have run out of people with a truck to beat up here....

·
Registered
203 Posts
What everybody's thought about the new safeguard email????

Wonder what the new endeavor to come is???? It must be something big because they want us to hire more staff:lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its just says that safeguard is planning a new and exicting oppourinty for its conctractors to expand, and they really need everybody to push their crews to complete the assign orders at a 90% on time rate.

Its also says that they are going to be cleaning house and getting rid of the deadbeats and pushing work to the people who are completing the work on time and completing it at high quality level.

So who knowns what that is.

A qc rep told me about 6 months ago that safeguard was about to close a deal with a couple large clients doing property management. Safegaurd would be in charge of renting out the properties and doing maintenance on them and they are testing it out in serveral markets.

I have completed a couple orders on occupied properties for SG and they where a pain but we made a good profit on them.

So what does it say? I don't work for SG but I'd like to know if someone I do work for is getting gobbled up......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts