REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
If Im not mistaken one that shape will require one to be made.
Don't give a bid until you know costs...
I'm so glad things freeze here and the only pools are enclosed!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I've done ones like that in the past where they wanted the 2x6 and fencing type of cover. I built it suspended high enough to set it flat on the raised ledge and used 4x4's as legs on the other side. Then I simply did it as normal but also ran fencing across the raised side so you couldnt walk under the cover. I ended up with a cover that was about 4' above the pool more like a cage then a cover.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've done ones like that in the past where they wanted the 2x6 and fencing type of cover. I built it suspended high enough to set it flat on the raised ledge and used 4x4's as legs on the other side. Then I simply did it as normal but also ran fencing across the raised side so you couldnt walk under the cover. I ended up with a cover that was about 4' above the pool more like a cage then a cover.
What service company paid you enough to do that? Crap I can't make any money building them flat per HUD guidlines.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

What service company paid you enough to do that? Crap I can't make any money building them flat per HUD guidlines.

It really doesn't cost anymore to suspend it, maybe another $15 for a few 4x4's it just takes another 20 minutes. I don't really mind doing some of the weird ones because building pool covers is boring most of the time.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It really doesn't cost anymore to suspend it, maybe another $15 for a few 4x4's it just takes another 20 minutes. I don't really mind doing some of the weird ones because building pool covers is boring most of the time.
But that's not really up to his specs

·
Registered
616 Posts
build it just like a box with legs on the cirves end. Scribe some 3/4 or 1" ply to the curves and where it goes around the handrails cup each side and lock it into place using ply wood all the way around them. Screw the 3/4 ply to the joists with 2 or 3" screws and that should hold it. drain it to their specified depth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I have this pool and have to cover it then I never do this on my own for saving few bucks. Because many companies offer this service they install the pool cover once and then you can easily put it on or off.

·
Registered
414 Posts
the ugly ones like that are where you CAN make money. It doesn't fit the standard. So you can bid whatever you want. Toss that $3 sft out the window and bid high.

**oops, didn't notice the post date on this until after I posted. **

1 - 13 of 13 Posts