REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've never done inspections just pp and reo. They need someone in my zone which is actually quite small and dense. The have ave 500+ per month. Pay is low but I don't know what is involved. Am I in and out in 5 mins? How much is involved I know there are several types of inspections and they all pay different. How long to do the computer side. Just want to know some details to see if I can be profitable. Thanks!
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PIA for your liability exposure and little pay. Been subpeoned twice this year to "help" inspectors out of LARGE chargebacks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
ARpreservation said:
We've never done inspections just pp and reo. They need someone in my zone which is actually quite small and dense. The have ave 500+ per month. Pay is low but I don't know what is involved. Am I in and out in 5 mins? How much is involved I know there are several types of inspections and they all pay different. How long to do the computer side. Just want to know some details to see if I can be profitable. Thanks!
If you can negotiate what you want you can make it worth it. It's basically a PTC.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Expect anywhere from $3-$6 per inspection, per a good buddy/competitor. Lots of contact attempts (he says those are not always fun) on the default loans, leaving door hangers if they are not home, etc. Interior inspections pay $1 or $2 more, but you need to take exterior, interior, damage, debris pics. You'll need the E&O insurance. Lots of miles on your car. You must get out of your car for everyone, no driveby pics. I think it's nuts but he mixes them in with his other jobs. You know Safeguard is getting $25-$50 per unit on their end and they won't give him a bump for fuel or distance. It is hard to believe that goes on in America.
 

·
Contractor
Joined
·
486 Posts
FremontREO said:
PIA for your liability exposure and little pay. Been subpeoned twice this year to "help" inspectors out of LARGE chargebacks.
What do you mean by this statement, are you able to explain?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Liability....
A-You fail to report that the water is still on at a vacant property. Pipes break and flood the house. Ceilings drop, floors ruined. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.
B-Your looking for a house out in the country. RR Box # with no name is all they give you. You figure this must be the house. Find out 6 months later the correct house was 1/2 mile down the road, was vacant, caught fire and burned to the ground. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.
C-Complete an inspection and fail to report complete list of personals. Homeowner calls the lender and claims his flat screen and $2500 mountain bike are missing. Your the last name on the sign in sheet. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.

All true stories from former inspectors.
 

·
Contractor
Joined
·
486 Posts
GTX63 said:
Liability....
A-You fail to report that the water is still on at a vacant property. Pipes break and flood the house. Ceilings drop, floors ruined. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.
B-Your looking for a house out in the country. RR Box # with no name is all they give you. You figure this must be the house. Find out 6 months later the correct house was 1/2 mile down the road, was vacant, caught fire and burned to the ground. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.
C-Complete an inspection and fail to report complete list of personals. Homeowner calls the lender and claims his flat screen and $2500 mountain bike are missing. Your the last name on the sign in sheet. Liability...guess who, that's right, you.

All true stories from former inspectors.
It comes down to what exposure your willing as an inspector to take-on. Been doing delinguency inspections since 1995, and what you purport above does happen. However its not all doom and gloom, you need to be thorough...report what you see, and if you don't see it...you can't report on it. I know the game.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top