REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the rest of y'all seeing? NONE of the REO's here are getting plowed or shoveled. One of my agents had a propane delivery on a rural property not far from my house today and the propane truck had to put tire chains on to get in the driveway!!! The brokers call and bitch to Safeguard almost daily and nothing gets done!!! I even see the QC that SG flys into Montana twice a month signed in on a lot of these. Is he not reporting this?? Does Safeguard really not give a $hit? All i know is the brokers long for the day when they can take these properties back over or a competent company like Cyprexx or AMS takes them back over. I was doing all the AMS work here the last 2 winter and had all properties plowed within 24 hours of the last flake falling grossing $75 per property! Sure miss that gravy $$$$$$.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was talking with a SG vendor about this very issue, here's what I got from out converstation.

1) pay is low, 2) volume is HIGH, 3) timelines are short--to keep on schedule corners HAVE to be cut. If a maid refresh costs $40, factor in drive time, gas, equipment, supplies and labor, the maid refresh can ONLY take 15-20mins that includes work and photos. To do this, this vendor "stages" photos A LOT.

The effects of the promise of HIGH VOLUME and low pay.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was talking with a SG vendor about this very issue, here's what I got from out converstation.

1) pay is low, 2) volume is HIGH, 3) timelines are short--to keep on schedule corners HAVE to be cut. If a maid refresh costs $40, factor in drive time, gas, equipment, supplies and labor, the maid refresh can ONLY take 15-20mins that includes work and photos. To do this, this vendor "stages" photos A LOT.

The effects of the promise of HIGH VOLUME and low pay.

i got the same kind of response

" its a forecloseure , how good do you think it has to be , you know what to do":whistling2:

·
Registered
847 Posts
There is a lack of maintenance on all SG properties, when they got AMHS from FAS, all the properties went from being maintained bi weekly to not being maintained at all????? Not even cutting the grass, in Florida....

·
Registered
694 Posts
There is a lack of maintenance on all SG properties, when they got AMHS from FAS, all the properties went from being maintained bi weekly to not being maintained at all????? Not even cutting the grass, in Florida....
We maintain ours! But, I imagine it may be a different case in areas where they have negotiated down to $25/cut with these "lawn only" vendors.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's amazing as the QC was through this area and follow ups where issued for flies in the bathtub yet 6" of snow sits on the driveway.........

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
As a QC inspector for both SG and AMS............. I can tell ya'll that neither care about sending contractors back to follow up items, filthy dirty houses.......... no big deal.

Hazards............ no big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts