REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, grass cutting season is ramping up here in the southeast (outside of GA and FL) and I know that every neighborhood I go to for my current clients there is at least ONE BAC property managed by Screwguard.

What would happen if "we" photographed the property (from the street of course) showing SG deficiencies and sent DIRECTLY to BAC asset managers? OR what would happen if we filed a code violation on the BAC property?

What would happen? :whistling2:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have one across the street from one of my properties. About 10 CY of debris in the yard - old couch, table and other stuff I cannot make out, and the grass gets mowed every few months whether it needs it or not.

No edging, no weed trimming, nothing. A neighbor told me he has had to call the cops several times because the house has been broken into.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
So, grass cutting season is ramping up here in the southeast (outside of GA and FL) and I know that every neighborhood I go to for my current clients there is at least ONE BAC property managed by Screwguard.

What would happen if "we" photographed the property (from the street of course) showing SG deficiencies and sent DIRECTLY to BAC asset managers? OR what would happen if we filed a code violation on the BAC property?

What would happen? :whistling2:
That depends. Banks will always choose the lowest cost route. If it costs them $50/month for a violation versus $85/bimonthly to cut it, they will happily pay the fine.

I talked with a code inforcement inspector for Milwaukee. He said they loved BAC. They charged them $325 per month for a city violation. That was the only way they could get them to make a half azzed attempt at maintaining properties. As a result, I got tons of work last year curing violations in Milwaukee. That was the only place I ever mowed to cure a violation......

·
Registered
688 Posts
"They"=the Banks?
They the banks,this was the hole reason to push the account and liability off on to the servicer.

We all saw this early last year,i even said some to the boss at a LPS conference that the BAC account was coning of for grabs,but they didn't believe it.

Chase has turned over to outside servicer.
Wells Forgo is thinking of doing it to.

Its all about turning liability and responsibility over to the next fellow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone "cares"; someone has "metric" that a bonus is tied to--that person must care.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's only getting worse. SG has come out with maps that doubled in size. They told me today, "take it our leave it". I just lost a municipal contract, and really don't want to lose all my properties, thus starting over in the biz. If I do that, I am going to go in a different route. It's very frustrating, I try to get to upper management and talk to them, but get sent to the same person who doesn't give a crap each time I call.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Someone "cares"; someone has "metric" that a bonus is tied to--that person must care.
Ok...if someone cared why are so many many property's not getting serviced.

BAC falls into the "TO BIG TO FAIL" Category,or as the Senate hearings just put "TO BIG TO PROSECUTE".

As the CEO of SG said some-time ago...He has more lawyer's than you.When it cheaper to pay fines than do the work why bother.

SG is sung as a bug in this industry,they make the rules either fallow our get the F**k out the way.I had a bid to de-limb a tree off a home in Charleston.SC, 3200.00 worth my contractor from Myrtle Beach went down to do it because he was slow with work,turns out the guy across the street came out of his house and was a sub for SG,the guy offers to cut the tree off the house for a 100.00.May contractor hauls off the limbs and the job is done.The sub for SG worked all day for the 100.00

There appears to be an endless supply of people that will work for those prices.They "SG" still call me about every 3 months asking me to come back to work for them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Safeguard has an exclusive contract with BAC to provide PP services on BAC properties; i am SURE that contract has metrics that Safeguard must meet and if they don't must cure AND a termination for cause clause...that said, someone cares that the contract is being adheard to--BAC is paying SG for its services--an employee, a manager, a director or a shareholder--someone cares...just have to find WHO...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Safeguard has an exclusive contract with BAC to provide PP services on BAC properties; i am SURE that contract has metrics that Safeguard must meet and if they don't must cure AND a termination for cause clause...that said, someone cares that the contract is being adheard to--BAC is paying SG for its services--an employee, a manager, a director or a shareholder--someone cares...just have to find WHO...
Just a bit off with your facts. Safeguard doesn't have a contract with BAC. SG purchased the P&P side of BAC. It is now Safeguard. There is no BAC property preservation anymore.

http://www.housingwire.com/news/2012/08/02/safeguard-buys-bank-americas-field-servicing-operations

Reactions: 68W30

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Safeguard is not untouchable....trust me, no one is untouchable ,when there is this much money changing hands and there becomes a legality issue....
I'm betting bottom dollar that things will change and when they come there will be a lot of unhappy people...especially the nitwit that work for $100 a day...
Thise with out the proper licensing, permits etc....they will be the ones falling off the cliff....and most the regoinals also....glad we have deversified somewhat so this industry is not the bulk of our incoming revenue....

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Everyone is right here. SG does not need to worry about a contract with BAC Field Services. They purchased it outright. BoA can indeed run things through another channel if they so choose, but thus far this is and was huge for Safeguard. They are a billion dollar company and seemingly signing someone new to service every week. Their corporate culture is the worst in the industry, and they fleece their network. It is simply unbelievable that they have gotten this far without any real blowback. If we were willing to work long enough for them to be done wrong by them, we would go after them ourselves.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
If the banks don't care what the exteriors of their property's look like why should we care. If they are blighted, the local Code Enforcement Officer needs to be contacted.
If they're an eye-sore an bringing surrounding homes value down, and I lived across from one or one was in my neigborhood, I would be in daily contact, and would have my neighbors contact local Code Officials and get them doing their job.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I too was under the impression that SG had a 2 yr contract with BAC,news to me.Seeing how SG is a privately head corp their pretty much accountable to no one,it basically comes down to who will do the work or not.

I know they will fly someone in from corporate to fix it if the SHTF on any given job as they see fit,which they have done before.

Local code inspectors are at a loss when it comes to dealing with SG,hell they will go over their heads with lawyers or make donation to keep them off their back...FACT.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sg had a two year contract that was a trail before they purchased it.

Sg is loved by our local code enforcement units, in my area safeguard handles all all code violations very quick. They do a very good job in my area.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
That depends. Banks will always choose the lowest cost route. If it costs them $50/month for a violation versus $85/bimonthly to cut it, they will happily pay the fine.

I talked with a code inforcement inspector for Milwaukee. He said they loved BAC. They charged them $325 per month for a city violation. That was the only way they could get them to make a half azzed attempt at maintaining properties. As a result, I got tons of work last year curing violations in Milwaukee. That was the only place I ever mowed to cure a violation......

Some parts of the country a "simple" grass violation runs in the mid 4 figures.

Even that does not get the banks and service companies attention.
Seen it with my own eyes more than once in 09 when I had an extended coverage area.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts