REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be a fun one but here it goes.

Safeguard contacted me today about doing preservation work. We have been doing lawns/snow for quite some time and this has been going very well. Even got a higher rate then most of what I hear.

Here is the issue though. They want me to add E&O for them. I do carry E&O for other companies and they send tons of work to make up for it. Called my insurance agent and when I said "safeguard properties" he laughed and said I did not want to know the additional cost for adding them.

Told their SG vendor recruiter I would like to see price list first. I was told that I had to show them E&O first. Something sounds fishy to me here.

Does anyone have this magic price list and be willing to discuss or help me with in PM?

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help and to everyone who is going to talk smack, piss off in advance.
 
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Good Evening,

SG contacted me (via email) about 2 months ago to do some work for them. When I replied they said they didn't need my help. Fast forward about a month ago, same deal.

I wish I knew what was going on as I would like to increase my volume.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
72opp said:
Good Evening,

SG contacted me (via email) about 2 months ago to do some work for them. When I replied they said they didn't need my help. Fast forward about a month ago, same deal.

I wish I knew what was going on as I would like to increase my volume.
Did you read my post because you answered nothing I asked?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
I did some one time vendor stuff for them last year on distance properties and made out quite well.
I hear that much of that depends on who your vendor manager is also your area and how desperate they are to get these properties covered.

At times and for certain items like a dry wint I was making full HUD plus a $100 to $150 trip charge.
Put 3 of them together or more add lock changes and the route began to look profitable.
 
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
HollandPPC said:
Did you read my post because you answered nothing I asked?
Well.

I am pretty sure I answered in a fashion that revealed more information about the doings and practices of Safeguard.

You sure are a testy [email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
HollandPPC said:
This is going to be a fun one but here it goes.

Safeguard contacted me today .

Told their SG vendor recruiter I would like to see price list first. I was told that I had to show them E&O first. Something sounds fishy to me here.

Does anyone have this magic price list and be willing to discuss or help me with in PM?
You said it, they contacted you first, then refused information until they had your insurance. LOL. A standard price list is meaningless. It depends on your vendor scorecard, how many vendors they have in your area, bla bla, more words...
They kicked back an invoice as a no pay once because we did an FSM inspection and our updater didn't put a zip code next to the address. I decided that was enough and notified them we were done with them. The manager for our area and her boss as well as the guy who originally recruited us 5 years earlier got on the phone with me all at once. We got our discount reduced and a couple rate increases to stay while they located another vendor. Supposedly they are still looking for that other vendor.

By the way, I told them we were no longer carrying their York Jersey required E&O scam insurance and if they did not want our GL they would have to use someone else. That was last year and they still send over orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
72opp said:
Well.

I am pretty sure I answered in a fashion that revealed more information about the doings and practices of Safeguard.

You sure are a testy [email protected]
I do apologize for being a testy B. This damn industry can make you so bitter in a heartbeat. I guess I did not read into it enough.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
HollandPPC said:
This damn industry can make you so bitter in a heartbeat.




You are correct about that.

This is why I continue to tell every one to diversify.

There isn't a one of these service companies that has the smallest shred of loyalty.
You never know when one morning you'll get up and your biggest and "best" client will have emailed you over night telling you that its been real and its been fun but it aint no more.


Look around in your area and try to come up with some thing to start working towards. Even if its a side line business to P&P so that if this fickle industry does decide to let you go at least you've got some thing that is producing some dollars.
You never know, it may work into a full time business with P&P being a sideline or quitting it completely, like I plan to do no later than 4/1/12.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
I have yet to have been "let go" by any of these companies. They just don't send you work anymore, which can be even worse for some of the contractors on here who do rely on them for their sole support. They go day to day never knowing when the next order will come in. They have to keep telling their crews to sit and they'll get them some work as soon as they can. Yep, get into as many side businesses as you can and you may be suprised when one or two of them turn into bigger money makers than the turkeys you depend on now.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm not sure what your insurance agent was trying to tell you. You should not have to pay any extra just to add another company to your E & O insurance policy. My E & O as well as everyone else I work with is based on the "gross yearly sales" and has absolutely nothing to do with the specific companies we are working for. I have been with the same company for 5 years but there is another company that I recently learned about. You should ask your agent to clarify his statement because from what you said, if he was my agent he would have some explaining to do. Please let me know what he says. Thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MakeItEz2GetPd said:
I'm not sure what your insurance agent was trying to tell you. You should not have to pay any extra just to add another company to your E & O insurance policy. My E & O as well as everyone else I work with is based on the "gross yearly sales" and has absolutely nothing to do with the specific companies we are working for. I have been with the same company for 5 years but there is another company that I recently learned about. You should ask your agent to clarify his statement because from what you said, if he was my agent he would have some explaining to do. Please let me know what he says. Thx.
Thanks will let you know.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
MakeItEz2GetPd said:
I'm not sure what your insurance agent was trying to tell you. You should not have to pay any extra just to add another company to your E & O insurance policy. My E & O as well as everyone else I work with is based on the "gross yearly sales" and has absolutely nothing to do with the specific companies we are working for. I have been with the same company for 5 years but there is another company that I recently learned about. You should ask your agent to clarify his statement because from what you said, if he was my agent he would have some explaining to do. Please let me know what he says. Thx.
All Insurance Companies reserve the right to not only charge for adding an Additional Insured to any policy since underwriting requirments can and do happen but can cancel or non-renew a policy if the additional insured to the policy is a bad risk.

All P&P Service Companies are bad risks IMO. As more of the Insurance Companies get a better underwriting grasp on the P&P business less companies will be willing to allow the additional insured rider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Doing a few REO's for screwguard up here for a friend of mine. Charged back a trip charge as we didn't show a pic of a tape measure on a lawn like this. Can't figure out why they are worried about lawns in Montana this time of year anyhow. Haven't had any new growth in 2 months..............
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
mtmtnman said:
Doing a few REO's for screwguard up here for a friend of mine. Charged back a trip charge as we didn't show a pic of a tape measure on a lawn like this. Can't figure out why they are worried about lawns in Montana this time of year anyhow. Haven't had any new growth in 2 months..............
Hey just tell them that your not going back because it will cost us more money then what the deduct is for the miss photo. Then just go out to any yard anywhere make it be your yard and take a pic of a yard stick in the grass then send it to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
RamRod23 said:
Hey just tell them that your not going back because it will cost us more money then what the deduct is for the miss photo. Then just go out to any yard anywhere make it be your yard and take a pic of a yard stick in the grass then send it to them.
Falsifying photos is dishonest.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I know a contractor who done this.... Just so happened that the City demolished the home and the contractor got a chargedback for the cost of the home since they never informed tbe service company of the house being demoed the month before nor the required damage report. I know his lawyer was fighting it but meanwhile he is out of business and broke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Falsifying photos is dishonest.
So is charging back for no tape measure photo when it's obvious that it is winter time and there is no grass growing. Kinda like you getting charged back for not cutting 4' tall grass in a foot of snow eh Fremont???:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RamRod23 said:
Hey just tell them that your not going back because it will cost us more money then what the deduct is for the miss photo. Then just go out to any yard anywhere make it be your yard and take a pic of a yard stick in the grass then send it to them.
I may have done that a few times. Lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Falsifying photos is dishonest.
mtmtnman said:
So is charging back for no tape measure photo when it's obvious that it is winter time and there is no grass growing. Kinda like you getting charged back for not cutting 4' tall grass in a foot of snow eh Fremont???:laughing:






Exactly.

Down right refusing to pay for services rendered is fraudulent.

Dont' stop these vultures tho.
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Top