REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started 8 months ago with push mowers, built infrastructure to take on more work then it dried up. Have 72 man hours on stand by holding a couple dozen monthly market orders. We started up with 20.00 cuts acre, and 18.00 cyds and made it work and expanded to zero turns, and 4 crews 1/2 turning in secures in 24 hours on site. We did everything asked and above, and it has dried up to MM that I pay 5.00 more than we get paid to complete correctly. In my short experience I have seen the worst work from previous contractors (jani's, wint's, even grass cuts cheated) we have to clean up right. We even let it go un mentioned when we saw work completed in property's that we bid on for months (Thinking I must be high), We have got as many bids from others that paid right enough as we got of our own bids) I cut down bids to bare bones just to get somethings approved to keep working. We took a fair share of cuts, and made all at cost corrected. I am fixing to start deflating, my guys made through holidays with filler and we have had our hustle on other work. I am just wondering if it is who is supplying me having a problem from the next level up. I am not looking to get out, I love it licensed plumber and never had this much fun in the plumb. I am not a fan of evictions I guess that the worst part. If any one has clarity, or advice I would put it to use. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Welcome Sam. Yes, I made it thru. Good read. It sounds like your first year is the cliff notes version of most contractor with REO/Preservation work. You listed several instances of working for a loss, cutting your bids, and the extremely low mowing and debris prices. You never mentioned once of your client adjusting anything to make your jobs easier or more profitable. You may need some new customers. Godspeed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they seam to be in a constant state of reorganization with the person sitting down trying to one up the last person who just left the seat. I just got a bid approval in for 20% of what I bid. I see wording that since its my bid thats approved deduct my trip charge also. I am thinking I am done with them. Not really any reason to keep completing the market orders for them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome Sam!

From pushmowers to 4 crews with zero turns in less than eight months for $20 an acre?? Must be ambitious!

If you really love the industry and want to stay in it, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and SAY NO to lowball pricing.

Quality work creates its own demand so keep up the good work and don't sell yourself or your crews short.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Can you imagine telling your carpenter that you took his 10k bid to build your pole barn and shaved it down to 2k minus the three trips he charged to come out and give other estimates? Most guys in this trade would clock you. I hope you placed that order in the circular file. What gets me is how companies butcher a contractor's bid to the bone without authorization and then just send it over as if nothing has changed, thank you and have a good day. Netflix is $7.99 per month and you can watch it all day for less than you would lose doing altered bids like that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think Screwguard ran out of sucker they are trying to recruit professional home inspector to do $3.00? per inspection - they have to wait until pig can fly!

Home Inspectors Forum

Looking for InspectorsI am in search of Inspectors in the following states AR, MI, TX, MO, NY, PA, WA, CA, and KY. Please email me at ...

Pros: Got email from Steve asking that I call him, I did so right away no one answered. I emailed him asking that he email all he pertinent information.

Pros: He emailed asking for my phone number and email yesterday. I gave my email right away and have heard nothing back. Wondering if this is some sort of fishing scam. I have come to learn you should get all the info as to what they are looking for, what it pays before you give out your personal info. Just saying.

Pros: Jim I agree, If he would just post what he wants on the thread those interested could respond game over!

These Pros have no ideas $$ they are in for A $HOCK!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sam, I'm new to the forum but have done Preservation & REO in Texas for awhile now. Based on your description I feel like I could guess who your client is/was! There are better clients out there, if you enjoy the work put applications out there and something better will come along!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the prices I knew from the start, I have in this slow down had time to research what I happened into. I have found a couple local offices here offering less if you i will wait longer for it. Past what I can do it for make a dollar and keep a few people working I did not mean to low ball. Some of the work paid quite well, (sometimes I went to high not wanting to do some things like roofs) and when running at capacity made alot of people happy little elves. I do not like it I love it, cleaning up Texas one property at a time is hero work, doing it four or five at a time is super hero stuff. I took losses on a few items but bottem line was a winner.
I would very much like to keep doing this at super hero level but I can not keep my elves occupied they will fing another sugar Santa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts