REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a shame, i grossed nearly 300k last year with this company, they were decent to work for too. Victim of the SG/BOA transfer.

I just don't see anyway to make decent money. these prices are almost nearly half what they were. am i missing anything?

Initial Grass Cut – Up to 12” (20,001 SQFT to 1 ACRE)$35.00
Initial Grass Cut – 13” to 24” (Up to 5,000 SQFT)$35.00
Initial Grass Cut – 13” to 24” (5,001 to 15,000 SQFT)$45.00
Initial Grass Cut – 13” to 24” (15,001 to 30,000 SQFT)$55.00
Initial Grass Cut – 13” to 24” (30,001 to 1 acre)$65.00
Initial Grass Cut – 25” to 36” (Up to 5,000 SQFT)$45.00
Initial Grass Cut – 25” to 36” (5,001 to 15,000 SQFT)$50.00
Initial Grass Cut – 25” to 36” (15,001 to 30,000 SQFT)$65.00
Initial Grass Cut – 25” to 36” (30,001 to 1 acre)$75.00
Yard Re-Cut (Up to 10,000 SQFT)$20.00
Yard Re-Cut (10,001 to 20,000 SQFT)$25.00
Yard Re-Cut (20,001 SQFT to 1 ACRE)$30.00
Weed Abatement/Spraying (If ordered – trim and clean up all weeds – spray weed preventative agent to entire yard)$35.00
JANITORIAL SERVICES
Initial Maid Service $70.00
Initial Maid Service – Additional Unit$40.00
Monthly Marketability (Interior/Exterior Inspection, Maid Refresh, Winterization verification, Incidental Debris removal – less than ¼ CYD)$20.00
MISCELLANEOUS / OTHER
Install Smoke Detector$10.00 each
Install CO Detector$20.00 each
Install ‘No Trespassing’ Sign (Landscaping stake with laminated sign)$3.00 per Sign
Install Handrail$6.00 per Linear Foot
Install Outlet Covers/Plates$0.50 each
Install Switch Covers/Plates$0.50 each
Cap Initial Water Line$10.00
Cap Additional Water Line$5.00
Cap Gas Line$2.50 per Cap
Cap Exposed Wires$0.50 per Ca

Install Blank Covers on Breaker Panel$14.00 per Panel
Cover holes in flooring$4.50 per SQFT
Secure Loose Ceiling Fan$7.00 each
Secure Cabinets, Cabinet Doors, Drawers, and Countertops that are loose enough to present a hazardous condition$10.00 per room
Repair Broken Fencing (To secure perimeter of property)$15.00 per Linear Foot
Replace Broken Fencing (To secure perimeter of property)$30.00 per Linear Foot
Repair/Secure Falling Light Fixture (With existing hardware)$7 per Fixture
Clean Gutters – Single Story$50.00
Clean Gutters – Multiple Stories$75.00
Pump Basement (Up to 2ft)Up to $150.00
Pump Basement (2ft or Higher)Up to $300.00
Install Sump Pump$160.00
Sump Pump Repair$25.00
Install Dehumidifier$200.00
Snow/Ice Removal$25.00
Extermination (Bug Bomb)$15 per bomb
Extermination (Licensed Exterminator)
Charge Receipt plus $15 allow access
Spa/Hot Tub Drain and Secure (If no fence present)$40 to drain
Secure with existing if present or bid to secure
Trip Charge$15.00
Window Lock$2.00
Roof Tarp
CALL FROM SITE
Roof Repair
CALL FROM SITE
Thaw Property
CALL FROM SITE

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I just don't see anyway to make decent money. these prices are almost nearly half what they were. am i missing anything?
Off the top of my head, I'd say you are missing profit, overhead and material. Might have enough to cover labor, barely.

$2 for a window lock? They cost me more than that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off the top of my head, I'd say you are missing profit, overhead and material. Might have enough to cover labor, barely.

$2 for a window lock? They cost me more than that.

oh yea this was added to the email.

With the recent industry changes, these prices still allow for order completion while maintaining a profitable margin. Please reach out to us if you need assistance on how to cut costs and maximize profits using this new pay scale.

I may just ask them how to achieve a profitable margin just to see what they say.

Even if i went out and did this work myself (not paying for other labor) i'd be better off flipping burgers.

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh yea this was added to the email.

With the recent industry changes, these prices still allow for order completion while maintaining a profitable margin. Please reach out to us if you need assistance on how to cut costs and maximize profits using this new pay scale.

I may just ask them how to achieve a profitable margin just to see what they say.

Even if i went out and did this work myself (not paying for other labor) i'd be better off flipping burgers.
If you do ask them please post the response.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm guessing you are SG direct and he is refering to one of the BACFS regionals that's still trying to hang on now with SG.

Ah that makes sense. That just made me a bit nervous... we just did a BOA REO yesterday and I have crew staying out of town tonight working on another.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also do a ton of SG work, no word about price change. I work direct.

I'm only p&p and those prices appear to be REO only.

Who sent that price list? I have work for SG for almost 7 years and yet to receive any kind of price list from them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I also do a ton of SG work, no word about price change. I work direct.

I'm only p&p and those prices appear to be REO only.

Who sent that price list? I have work for SG for almost 7 years and yet to receive any kind of price list from them.
The REO price list is on their website on vendor web. Just go into the section that has all of the manuals and there is REO info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how is working for safeguard directly, i hear horror stories about every company but never the good, i cover a rather large area in northeast ohio and western PA even out into some rural areas. i hear you have to go through one of they're insurance companies? what kind of rates do you guys pay on that? also if you can get me their P&P price list (pm me if you'd like) i'd like to take a look. i don't think i can access on their websitre without being a registered vendor first.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
how is working for safeguard directly, i hear horror stories about every company but never the good, i cover a rather large area in northeast ohio and western PA even out into some rural areas. i hear you have to go through one of they're insurance companies? what kind of rates do you guys pay on that? also if you can get me their P&P price list (pm me if you'd like) i'd like to take a look. i don't think i can access on their websitre without being a registered vendor first.

Thanks
Be ready for a 30-35% discount. 20% for sg and 10-15% for the chargebacks they will hit you with down the road. Also prepare for HOURS fighting vendor web. Have a friend that has worked for them for 3 years. He's hanging it up, there begging him to stay.........

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
@Stateline....why don't you just work directly with SG?????
Those are numbers you have to say no to.....
Sorta like PK wanting to pay $25 for a 24"X48" window...glass is $40....
What the hell are these people thinking???????????

People HAVE to start saying no....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't think the regional companies being the middle men for SG will be around for very long. SG has their vendor network and it will only be a matter of time before their existing network will be able to absorb the additional work. The biggest problem being that many of the local companies working for BACFS regionals are also working for SG. Why do the same work for 20% or more less? That is the situation we find ourselves in.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't think the regional companies being the middle men for SG will be around for very long. SG has their vendor network and it will only be a matter of time before their existing network will be able to absorb the additional work. The biggest problem being that many of the local companies working for BACFS regionals are also working for SG. Why do the same work for 20% or more less? That is the situation we find ourselves in.
:whistling2:so you can second bid your own bid of course :whistling2:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like sg the best out of all the nationals. We get hud rates minus 10% discount.

I pay 9k for the e&o insurance its on 1million sales so I'm not sure what the rate is.

Vendor web is super fast now, they upgraded the servers about month ago and it cut our update time in half

Give them a call, matt pratt is in charge of hiring new vendors in the midwest so try and get some better prices because they start off with a 25% discount

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just put my aluminum foil hat on and have come up with a possible scenario

Conspiracy Theory 3245

did BOA intentionally make the rounds to various nationals leapfrogging all over dropping all rates ?in that i mean forcing them down our throats then sold to safeguard as they had already price slashed every other nationals allowable pricing matrix ? now with FAS NorthEast and PK and some other biggies going belly up or shrunk to nothing the shrunken nationals will have to Allow the same matrix in order to get banks on board or back on board

1 - 20 of 81 Posts