REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO I don't but they did treat me right on the initial svc. They work off a 25 % off of what we contractors bill them. I was wondering about their pay times and such.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Did some work for them sometime ago. Don't recall any major issues. They just couldn't give us the volume of work to make them a priority.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
Volume is always an issue...
It's hard to deal with the bulls*** without it..
That is what made 5B so rough...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I run my own company because I am unemployable. I have always been cynical that my boss or upper management really knew what they were doing, and I have a very anti "step and fetchit" attitude. If your company can give me the volume, human being like pay rates, and can at least appear to not be lying and robbing me to my face, I can make a few adjustments.But companies that give me a job or two every season and then burn down my phone bank for updates go to the back of the line. Five Brothers must be run by former government beaurecrats, that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run my own company because I am unemployable. I have always been cynical that my boss or upper management really knew what they were doing, and I have a very anti "step and fetchit" attitude. If your company can give me the volume, human being like pay rates, and can at least appear to not be lying and robbing me to my face, I can make a few adjustments.But companies that give me a job or two every season and then burn down my phone bank for updates go to the back of the line. Five Brothers must be run by former government beaurecrats, that's all I can think of.
The bros were absolutely the bottom of the barrel. invoice cutting without notice and rediculous time frames were it. Then they went to a cost estimator and I told them goodbye. I estimated 150 to rehang a wooden gate door with lags and new hinges they said 50 I said NO I forgot to include travel time that bid is no longer valid they said ok 150 I repeated NO and they had a fit.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The bros were absolutely the bottom of the barrel. invoice cutting without notice and rediculous time frames were it. Then they went to a cost estimator and I told them goodbye. I estimated 150 to rehang a wooden gate door with lags and new hinges they said 50 I said NO I forgot to include travel time that bid is no longer valid they said ok 150 I repeated NO and they had a fit.

Know what you mean! I just got one back. Bid to rehang a gutter and to clean gutters for $125 thatt`s like a $100 after discount. And they come back with per govt. cost estimate of $55 and some change!!:furious::censored::furious::censored:

So after discount I`m making like $49 and some change. I be apeaaling it like the others they sent!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Volume is always an issue...
It's hard to deal with the bulls*** without it..
That is what made 5B so rough...
I like 5Bros. I regularly have to put their reps in check with a little logic but overall my experience with them has been great. I hate wasting the time to "mentor" their reps but we all need a few good laughs each day. Keeps it interesting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
5 Bros are suckers for paying mileage,love the out of area work orders.They pay on time but still pain in the butt.

I have been on probation with them over 2 months and yet still 10 work orders a week and 2 of them a week are always mileage.

They always adjust my bids and I always turn in late work orders.They give me crap and I give it back.The problem for them is nobody up here wants to work for them,so they have to deal with me.Thats karma

·
Registered
681 Posts
5 Bros are suckers for paying mileage,love the out of area work orders.They pay on time but still pain in the butt.

I have been on probation with them over 2 months and yet still 10 work orders a week and 2 of them a week are always mileage.

They always adjust my bids and I always turn in late work orders.They give me crap and I give it back.The problem for them is nobody up here wants to work for them,so they have to deal with me.Thats karma
I do the same ! I`ll get a rush work order and I`ll do when I have time! Have never gotten mileage but then again I have never went out of my coverage wfor them(too busy!)

The whole ajusting my bids really claps my ass!

I loved them a few years back. I would shot a bid on the high side because I didn`t want to fool with it and it would get approved! Now it just get reduced!( and is alway so low I can not figure how they came up with there numbers)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just submitted a bid with them for initial services, sales clean, few minor repairs will let you know what my experience with them is. I am assuming it will be an ordeal getting paid and will have my bid dissected and have to explain to a cubicle farmer the logic behind my bid etc etc, but took a flyer on one job to see how it goes, worst case I am out 50 dollars.Best case maybe they are actually worthwhile.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just submitted a bid with them for initial services, sales clean, few minor repairs will let you know what my experience with them is. I am assuming it will be an ordeal getting paid and will have my bid dissected and have to explain to a cubicle farmer the logic behind my bid etc etc, but took a flyer on one job to see how it goes, worst case I am out 50 dollars.Best case maybe they are actually worthwhile.
Any updates on Singlesource?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Any updates on Singlesource?
I've been working with them for two years now. No major problems. Fairly easy to work with. Their website is easy to navigate. Just not a lot of volume.

They don't give a lot of BS on bids outside the "norm". GC and lock changes are industry - 25% discount. They pay on time. So, all in all, not a bad company to have to fill in.

But, as always, you have to do what you're supposed to do, and there aren't any problems. You start cutting corners or not taking enough photos, then you're in for a rough ride no matter who you work for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update: Single Source approved the bid that I submitted a for initial lawn cut, shrub trim and sales clean as well as monthly services at my numbers less the 25%(which I factored in). Now I hope that the usual ordeal to get paid does not occur...I am being optimistic...keep you posted!

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Update: Single Source approved the bid that I submitted a for initial lawn cut, shrub trim and sales clean as well as monthly services at my numbers less the 25%(which I factored in). Now I hope that the usual ordeal to get paid does not occur...I am being optimistic...keep you posted!
. . .& in record time too, just over a month for an IGC bid approval!

·
Registered
35 Posts
They did take their sweet time, lol. My optimism has been reduced as their website work upload portal does not work and you apparently can only load five photos at a time..never found out as it didn't work at all and had to email them the photos. Looks like a pretty old setup. I am now left to assume that payment will take months if at all. Basically only willl be out my time and cleaning products, dump fee etc, thought it was worth a flyer but I have my reservations. Unfortunately I would never take a job right out of the gate anymore that required major dollars out of my pocket, so few pay on time if it all.. it is a definite risk. Definitely thinking about bailing out on preservation work. Five years ago it was a good living and I felt a bit of reward or sense of purpose...not so much anymore...

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
. . .My optimism has been reduced as their website work upload portal does not work and you apparently can only load five photos at a time..never found out as it didn't work at all and had to email them the photos. . . .
I never complain about emailing results - That's the fastest easiest way to submit results.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts